Bare Escentuals Stroke of LIght

Bare Escentuals Stroke of LIght

3.6

on 2/24/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

love love love this product! it's incredibly creamy and blends out so well, works like magic under the eyes and is incredibly natural and melds into your skin. however, if you're trying to use this as a blemish cover as well it probably won't work for spots, may work for discolouration. overall enjoy this very much, very hydrating!

on 2/3/2017 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Unfortunately this did not work for me. It really does have glitter in it, not a good look over my eye bags. Also the color was wayyyyy off for me. I have used Complexion Rescue by BE in shade 3 vanilla and it was a perfect match. So I figured that the second lightest color in the concealer would match. I usually go for the lightest shade but it was VERY pink looking. The color I choose, recommended by the sales girl, was the second from the lightest. I applied it and had two giant orange glittery triangles under my eyes. In the summer when I'm VERY tan I can get away with this, but I would not repurchase. It did not have a scent. It did not last very well throughout the day, which I was fine with bc it looked so bad to begin with. It is just a standard doe foot concealer but I did enjoy the packaging. Nothing special but the doe foot was a nice size and shape, and very soft. The letters on the tube did not fade off either. If you have a good shade match, like very light coverage and glitter, than this is the concealer for you lol.

I'm a big fan of the whole Bare Escentuals range and I had high hopes for this product but I was really disappointed.

I'm 33 and I have combination / sensitive skin and my eyes are easily irritated by makeup. I used the Lancome Teint Miracle Corrector for a long time which I got on really well with. Unfortunately Lancome discontinued it so I've been searching high and low for a replacement. I've tried so many products including the supposed replacements from Lancome which gathered in the creases and made my eyes feel gritty.

My favourite so far has been the By Terry Touch-Expert Advanced which is £32 so I was hoping that the Stroke of Light (£22) would be a good cheaper "everyday" alternative.

When I applied Stroke of Light I thought I had finally found THE ONE. It looked really nice and gave good coverage without looking cakey or powdery and so far it hasn't made my eyes sore or made my skin dry. However, when I looked in the mirror at lunchtime I noticed it had worn off quite a lot and left tiny sparkles on my face which I really don't like. The Bare Minerals powder foundation (which I've used for several years) does have a slight pearlescent sheen to it which illuminates the skin so I thought this might be similar but it's actually glittery.

The search for the perfect under eye concealer continues...

on 11/23/2016 2:40:00 PM

I was hoping for a covering and highlighting concealer but sadly this product does neither. It is lightweight on the skin, but so what if it doesn't highlight or conceal?
Some people complained that it had a glittery effect. I didn't notice this until I checked in the mirror under artificial light.
All in all a waste of money. This stuff is not cheap. I will stick to either Maybelline or Bare Escentuals multi task powder concealer. Both do a better job.

Has very litttle coverage, does not conceal undereye circles. if anything, is so glowy that it draws attention to them. is also very difficult to blend, reduces coverage even more

on 10/19/2015 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used up a tube of this and still have no clue what the hell it is. If Bare Escentuals was trying for a concealer with a glowing effect, Stroke Of Light isn't it. I tried using it solely as a concealer for my undereye area - and it covered nothing. I then tried to blend it on top of a full coverage concealer. This didn't work for me either. Stroke Of Light is more frosty than glow-y, emphasized my undereye texture issues, and did not play nicely with the concealer already in place (blended very poorly).

I think you could get better results at a cheaper price-point.

on 4/13/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I cannot rave about this enough. If you have dark circles and really thin skin under your eyes, this reduces the appearance of them and makes them 80% less noticable. If you enjoy makeup that looks natural and like you're not wearing anything, this is the one. I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything under my eyes either, and my eyes are highly allergic and have yet to react to this. I applied about a quarter sized amount and patted it in with my ring finger and people have told me I look more awake and less tired. I couldn't live if they ever discontinued this. This is the MOST NATURAL looking under eye concealer ever, and I understand it's a brightener but it has concealed my circles for me, too.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been looking for something luminous to top concealer off with. Years ago, I've owned the very popular YSL and Dior pens. A year ago, I tried the L'Oreal pen and Maybelline Age Rewind bingo marker concealer in neutralizer but found them to be pretty useless. Something sparked my interest lately to re-explore these highlighter pens. I first began my search with BE Stroke of Light due to the affordable cost ($22) and it appeared to be very promising. Well, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. This comes in a slim tube with a long applicator stick and a very soft doe foot tip. I love the packaging! I like the long applicator because it allows for a nice comfortable precision application. It is slim and streamline able to fit anywhere. The doe foot tip is so soft which makes it a pleasure to use. This is where the love ends.

The Shades: This comes in four shades. Luminous 1 (Pink toned for porcelain/ fair skin), Luminous 2 (Yellow toned for fair-medium skin), Luminous 3 (Peach toned for medium skin) and Luminous 4 (Apricot toned for deep skin).

The Dirty: I swatched all the shades and since I'm using this for a brightening effect and not as a primary concealer, I thought Luminous 2 would be ideal. It does have a brightening effect for sure however it is so tacky and cheap. This contains a crap ton of glitter in it. It looks so unnatural under the eyes and gives that awful reverse raccoon effect. This also doesn't have any coverage if you wanted to use this as your primary concealer. Plus, because this is nothing but a disco glitter funky thing, it won't work on blemishes or any other area of the face. This just reminds me of child's play makeup. No a fan.

Good for
Brightening and covering discoloration at the same time
Using Under the eye area
Not creasing
Highlighting any part of your face

Bad
To use as coverage for any other part of the face except your eyes
Very sheer - doesnt cover up heavy dark circles (or any other discoloration) completely

Note: has a lot of reflecting pigments which is nice to highlight any part of your face but can also bring attention to the imperfections you might be trying to cover up.
I give the product a 4 because it does what it promises to do, which is to lighten and brighten the undereye area

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I originally got this product as a sample and have repurchased the fullsize product twice. I use one swipe under each eye, blended out with a small stippling brush, overtop of my normal foundation and it definitely helps to balance out the darker pigmentation I have there and it makes me look AWAKE! It doesn't settle into lines and crevices like other concealers do, and it lasts all day. I will keep buying this stuff until they stop making it.