CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.7

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Honey BUY IT

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My stats:
complexion - brown skin like Kelly Rowland
curly lashes

I absolutely love this mascara! Even after trying other mascaras I always come back to this. It is super black, it volumizes, and it lengthens my lashes making them look really long and full. My stylist even asked me recently if I was wearing false lashes!!! My lashes are somewhat long, a little thin, and they are curly. I don't use any primer with this mascara but I when I have time I usually apply several coats - maybe 4 to 5. When I apply this mascara I like to also make sure I coat the top side of my lashes because this helps to: 1- straighten out my lashes so they look more uniform and 2 - to ensure the tips are coated to make my lashes look their longest.

I have tried many other mascaras and like I said this is my favorite. A very close second, to get a similar look, would be L'oreal's telescopic in Carbon Black followed by L'oreal's Voluminous curved brush mascara. This combination gives me the length and volume but it takes a bit more time and it is not as black, but my lashes still stand out and I also get compliments. That's my dupe!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I'm completely smitten with this mascara, and it's the first that I have tried from Chanel, so I have no previous frame of reference. My lashes are short and curly, so I am perpetually on a journey for a mascara that makes them look super long. I felt that Le Volume de Chanel most certainly fits the bill.

I purchased this in 10 Noir, which is a standard black mascara, that's not a black as Diorshow Blackout, but is darker than Lancome Definicils. The formula is very wet when initially applied, but dries down really nicely. The wand is slim with plastic bristles, in a wavy unusual pattern. I mentioned that my lashes are super short, and I had no issues with the brush grabbing hold of each of them.

With regards to application, I took a tissue and wiped off all of the excess product prior to the first coat. I personally feel as though that is an important but over looked step in preventing clumpy lashes. I didn't find the lash separation to be very good, so I limited myself to 2 coats allowing about 1 minute of drying time between each. I did not experience smudging or flaking throughout the day.

The end result for me were beautiful, long and luscious lashes. If I could describe this product, I'd say it's like a pair of high heels for your eyelashes. I will most certainly be purchasing this again. I bought this at Macy's for $30.