CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.8

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 8/24/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Just let me add my two cents worth of feedback for this product to the already extensive reviews on MUA: I really like this mascara because of how it makes my lashes look as if I have on perfectly chosen false ones.

My lashes naturally curl, so I don't use a curler. I received this mascara, in sample size, as a gift about a week ago, yet I know that it is an expensive puppy! The first day I tried this mascara, I wiped off the applicator-brush with a tissue because I want my lashes to look natural, not overly coated with mascara. The effect was beautifully fanned lashes. I don't do my bottom lashes because my upper ones are naturally long, thick and full.

This mascara made them fuller and longer, really lush--I was really impressed.

Today, I tried the mascara without wiping off the brush, and I have to say, as I have previously read in MUA reviews for this product, there was too much applied with a wee bit of clumping. However, the mascara stayed wet long enough for me to comb through my lashes (approx. 3-5 mins.) so that I could remove the clumps and get that full, fanned look I like.

I'd say the CON in this approach was having to take the time to comb through the lashes; obviously, there are times when I wouldn't have that kind of time to do so. At the moment, this is the only CON, the cost of the mascara notwithstanding.

I'm not using the waterproof version, yet I'm not experiencing "raccoon eyes," etc. And yes, I do noticeably sweat on my face (though not constantly). Also, I like how easily the stuff washes off. I am "French trained" meaning I typically remove makeup and clean my skin with micellar water (using gentle scrubs or cleansing oils once in a while). I also use micellar water when wearing this mascara, but I also do a quick wash of my lashes (eyes, obviously, tightly shut) with Cetaphil cleansing bar (not the pump liquid) and a solid rinse following.

Voila! The mascara is completely removed!

BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking for a full, lush lash look, Le Volume de Chanel certainly does the trick! BTW, I'm using 10 Noir. I'd buy this mascara, but I won't rush out to do so. I need to do some more research as some MUA reviewers have commented on how different the applicator-brush SEEMS to be between the sample and the full-size tube, and the full-size seems to disappoint.

The applicator-brush is so KEY, isn't it? At any rate, this mascara is certainly a quality product!

on 5/23/2017 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My grandma had a sample of this mascara and decided to give it to me since she knows I'm mad into makeup. I've also tried the full version.

I was skeptical when I first saw the wand since I dont usually like the plasticky short pointy spikes ones but tried it and loved it! Lots of volume (which is what I look for in mascaras) and the lashes kept the curl. I love how this looks in my lower lashes. Also I want to mention I've never got spidery-looking lashes with this mascara which I know can happen a lot with volumizing ones.

Didn't notice any flaking, nice wear through out the day.

So pros: Volumizing, wand is nicely sized you so you can apply mascara without messing your shadow look which is common practice for me (sad face), packaging is nice, not hard to remove, dries quick!, keeps lashes flexible.

Cons: The price jfc i wish I didn't like this mascara so much. Honestly other than that I have nothing negative to say about this.

Have a nice day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So I have been through many many mascaras. High end and drug store. I go for volume and length. I have tried buxom that was a great one for volume but I wanted more. A friend recommended this to me and so I thought I wouldn't give it a try. And holey crap guys!! I thought that I would never find a mascara that in my eyes was perfect but this is seriously perfect. So much volume and length!! I have found my holey Grail! If you don't have curly eye lashes like me naturally it works fine with a lash curler. Doesn't flake!! Definitely worth the money! I will recommend this to everyone who asks me about how I get my lashes so long and thick which happens every time I go out in public!!

on 10/22/2015 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Why did I take so long to try this mascara out?? Why? OMG I absolutely love this mascara. I had originally bought Diorshow but did not like it at all so I went back and thought ...Ok what other mascara should I try in this price range? Chanel counter was right next to Dior and I remembered reading so many raves about Chanel Le Volume mascara so I thought why not. Let me say that I have medium length lashes, but very thin and not a lot of them. This mascara for my lashes is PERFECTION!! It made my lashes look absolutely amazing. It gave them volume, length and not only that, but it gave my lashes a slight curl. When I applied one coat of this mascara I was amazed, ONE coat I thought. So I took it a bit further and applied a second coat....WOAH Momma! My lashes I kid you not were touching my eyebrows. It was almost as though they were one...ahhhh! I usually curl my lashes after I apply mascara, but I didn't have to with this mascara. If I had my lashes would have been to my forehead. I know that mascara is a very YMMV, but I am so happy that it worked for me and my lashes. I am going to keep buying this until I die. Ha! So, don't take my word or others word about this mascara...go out and buy it and try it for yourself! I NO longer need fake lashes, all I need is this mascara.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

It is not only gives my eyelashes more volume and length but also curl. I tried to compare it with my Maybelline Hypercurl mascara. It provides more curl and did not weigh down my lashes compare to my Maybelline hypercurl. It is all-rounded mascara for me except it is not waterproof and the price . Great for everyday i guess coz it is not a heavy duty mascara. I will use waterproof formula if i am active and no time to touch up such as during busy work days or girls' night out.

on 11/23/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Believe the hype! I held off from buying this forever; I thought it would be yet another overpriced mascara with a wet, clumpy formula. I finally caved today and it is nothing short of amazing. This is the first mascara I've EVER used (I've tried almost every one) that truly requires only one or two coats (one for a gorgeous fan of flirty lashes; two for a dramatic, lush fake lash look). I was previously using Maybelline's waterproof Pumped Up! Colossal mascara and using my same old application technique: alternating from wiggling the mascara wand at the base of my lashes for volume, then swiping from root to tip for length, then repeating several times. I have done this again and again with different mascaras, and thought that was just the way you had to apply mascara to get a voluminous, lush effect. NOT the case with Le Volume- you just comb a coat on and you're done! Thirty dollars is a lot for a mascara, but this is the only one I've ever found that you don't have to "work" with or apply a certain way. It also doesn't flake or smudge (a problem I always have, which is why I have only used waterproof formulas 99% of the time). I hope they never discontinue or change this.

on 10/25/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

amazing!!!

on 4/3/2014 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this mascara after trying a sample and it is the BEST mascara I've used. The brush is quite thick but it really creates voluminous lashes. I have thin straight Asian eyelashes so I notice the volume. It also lengthens eyelashes which again is noticeable on Asian lashes :) It curls the lashes slightly depending how you work the brush upwards and out to the side to create a winged effect. If you have straight lashes, try curling your lashes and the look is va va voom!! It is more expensive than your drugstore mascara (it is Chanel after all) but for the difference it makes, its a good investment.

on 2/21/2014 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Like many of the reviewers here, I also got Le Volume de Chanel as a sample so I can't fault their marketing campaign for this product. Having just finished an Elizabeth Arden Lash Enhancing mascara which has an elegant spiral bristle wand, my first reaction to Le Volume was shock at the size of the mammoth silicone spiked pine cone (official term: patented "stacked snowflake" comb).

I have short, downward-pointing eyelashes which look transparent against my dark eye make-up, so any mascara to enhance their visibility is better than none and some clumping is tolerable. Le Volume delivers as promised by adding plumage to my thin eyelashes and, although it's not designed to be an extension mascara, this can still be achieved by application on the hair ends.

UPDATE: after over a week of using Le Volume, I've changed my mind and it's definitely a "must-have" that I'm going to buy the next time I pass through duty free. I hesitate to designate HG status to any particular product, but Le Volume comes close: I've been indifferent to mascara for a number of years, but Le Volume has re-ignited a passion to make the most of my God-given eyelashes. And I forgot to mention that it makes my eyelashes curl all day and night.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I truly love Chanel mascara! I used Chanel over the past 4 years, but now use the Le Volume and it just make my eyelashes pop. Several times I've asked if I have false eyelashes. I will admit that prior to putting on the Le Volume, I use Diorshow Maximizer lash plumping serum and it helps it to last, and decrease the clumpy. However, I do have to use a brush to separate my lashes if I wait after the serum dry before applying the mascara.

My suggestions is to definitely use a lash serum, primer or moisturizer prior to using any mascara. It help me.

Overall, I gave a 4 because I do use the lash serum and have separate with a brush when I wait too long to put on the mascara after applying the serum.