CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.3

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A friend who works at Chanel gave me a couple sample size tubes of this mascara and it really is lovely. After using it just long enough for the initial wet consistency to dry out a bit (really, aren't all mascaras better after they've been opened for a little while?!) it is a deep, luscious black cream that seems to lift and define all of my lashes while plumping them up. It wears extremely well on my oily skin and still removes relatively easily with cream cleanser or micellar water and a gentle massage. If it were not $32 a tube, I would run out to buy a full size today. Alas, I can't justify any mascara over $15 on my current budget. I will hope for a suitable dupe by way of the drugstore or a Korean brand.

A lovely mascara with an expensive price tag. I recommend the 'Blue Night' color, which is very sophisticated and cool. It's a dark midnight blue -- nothing like the bright blue Diorshow mascara (which is fun, but nothing like this one.) The Chanel 'blue night' color is quite subtle - it makes your eyes look just a bit more mysterious.

on 3/15/2018 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to mascara. The one I have used for years and always came back for. It is so good that when I go back to it after an intermission trying something else, my husband often comments on how "pretty my eye makeup looks". It is always the mascara. It volumizes a lot. I never got comments when wearing other mascaras!
I have noticed that it is not the best at holding curl, but does not weigh the lashes down either. So this is only a problem if you have those downward facing lashes. I never had a problem.
This mascara, when it is good, never smudges, lasts through some tears and humidity, but comes of very easily at the end of the day.
When it is good it lasts me on average three months and then it starts smudging. It is very sad because it is at that point that the mascara really starts to look wonderful on the lashes, super volumizing, but it has to go to the trash because it smudges in a few hours. Please notice that I live in a very dry environment, so makeup dries up fast around here.
To me this reminds me of L'oreal's Lash Paradise, but I think Chanel gives me more volume still, certainly more length, and the Lash Paradise lasts me a month before starting to smudge. Since Chanel in Europe is still not 3 times more expensive than L'oreal, the Chanel option is the best buy for me.

I gave this only 4 stars because this review only applies to "when the mascara is good". This means that sometimes Le Volume will start smudging on me from the first week of use. I believe this has to do with the fact that some retailers sell really old products. So I have to worry about this, which is not ok.

My comparison to other mascaras, in case you are curious
Benefit roller lash - Benefit never ever smudges, holds the curl, volumizes less, separates more, lengthens more. Love it. Benefit is hard to take of. Slightly less omph than Le Volume though. Similar thoughts with They're real. A tube lasts 3 months. I use these when I want a bit of a water proof action, since Le Volume waterproof is HORRIBLE.
Chantecaille faux cils - Amazing mascara. Similar effects, or even better with the microfibres. Much worse packaging than Chanel. Lasts me 5 months. Will not smudge ever. This is an option, if you can tolerate the packaging which breaks within a week and the price.
Too Faced better than sex - Smudges every.single.time. Otherwise, beautiful when applied.
L'oreal and Maybelline mascaras (all) - some better than others, but all give less volume and impact.
Cover girl (US) clump crusher/MaxFactor(Europe) false lash, clump defy- like Benefit mascaras, these give better separation and lengthening. beautiful, but less volume than Le Volume. Less impact. Never smudge.
Clinique, Dior, Lancome, Estée Lauder mascaras - the ones I tried were all average. Lancôme hypnose was the best of the bunch, but worse than Chanel Le Volume.

on 8/24/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Just let me add my two cents worth of feedback for this product to the already extensive reviews on MUA: I really like this mascara because of how it makes my lashes look as if I have on perfectly chosen false ones.

My lashes naturally curl, so I don't use a curler. I received this mascara, in sample size, as a gift about a week ago, yet I know that it is an expensive puppy! The first day I tried this mascara, I wiped off the applicator-brush with a tissue because I want my lashes to look natural, not overly coated with mascara. The effect was beautifully fanned lashes. I don't do my bottom lashes because my upper ones are naturally long, thick and full.

This mascara made them fuller and longer, really lush--I was really impressed.

Today, I tried the mascara without wiping off the brush, and I have to say, as I have previously read in MUA reviews for this product, there was too much applied with a wee bit of clumping. However, the mascara stayed wet long enough for me to comb through my lashes (approx. 3-5 mins.) so that I could remove the clumps and get that full, fanned look I like.

I'd say the CON in this approach was having to take the time to comb through the lashes; obviously, there are times when I wouldn't have that kind of time to do so. At the moment, this is the only CON, the cost of the mascara notwithstanding.

I'm not using the waterproof version, yet I'm not experiencing "raccoon eyes," etc. And yes, I do noticeably sweat on my face (though not constantly). Also, I like how easily the stuff washes off. I am "French trained" meaning I typically remove makeup and clean my skin with micellar water (using gentle scrubs or cleansing oils once in a while). I also use micellar water when wearing this mascara, but I also do a quick wash of my lashes (eyes, obviously, tightly shut) with Cetaphil cleansing bar (not the pump liquid) and a solid rinse following.

Voila! The mascara is completely removed!

BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking for a full, lush lash look, Le Volume de Chanel certainly does the trick! BTW, I'm using 10 Noir. I'd buy this mascara, but I won't rush out to do so. I need to do some more research as some MUA reviewers have commented on how different the applicator-brush SEEMS to be between the sample and the full-size tube, and the full-size seems to disappoint.

The applicator-brush is so KEY, isn't it? At any rate, this mascara is certainly a quality product!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If I could afford this mascara on a regular basis -- it would be my everyday mascara!! It's that good ( and then some). I've used over four tubes of it now and it has never let me down. It's very rich, very black - and with it's special "snowflake" applicator -- it lengthens, separates every lash, volumizes, holds the curl - never flakes or smudges --- I cannot say enough about this mascara formula. I am a mascara snob - and I've tried just about every kind out there.... and I just love Le Volume. My lashes are quite long, I must admit - but this makes them super long - extremely black, and they POP like crazy. I have absolutely nothing negative to say pertaining to this product ... but the price. However - we do get what we pay for. I love splurging on it, and when I do use it, I feel like it's a special product - and I know without a doubt I'm going to have a fab lash day!!! The brush seems to be the main factor - the formula too - but the applicator lifts and separates - for a wide eyed - doe eye'd look of complete perfection!!! Treat your self --- and purchase a tube - and you'll never look back!!! I just feel so special when I have it, and wear it ...and you should treat yourself accordingly!!! Enjoy!!!

on 6/18/2017 8:56:00 PM

This mascara looks fantastic in the first hour or two then leaves me with transfer under my eyes and sometimes around my brow bone. I'm considering the waterproof version but the regular version is a pass for me.

on 5/23/2017 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My grandma had a sample of this mascara and decided to give it to me since she knows I'm mad into makeup. I've also tried the full version.

I was skeptical when I first saw the wand since I dont usually like the plasticky short pointy spikes ones but tried it and loved it! Lots of volume (which is what I look for in mascaras) and the lashes kept the curl. I love how this looks in my lower lashes. Also I want to mention I've never got spidery-looking lashes with this mascara which I know can happen a lot with volumizing ones.

Didn't notice any flaking, nice wear through out the day.

So pros: Volumizing, wand is nicely sized you so you can apply mascara without messing your shadow look which is common practice for me (sad face), packaging is nice, not hard to remove, dries quick!, keeps lashes flexible.

Cons: The price jfc i wish I didn't like this mascara so much. Honestly other than that I have nothing negative to say about this.

Have a nice day!

on 5/8/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was on the lookout for a new mascara, and after sampling this I immediately fell in love with it. A week into my purchase, I believe the formula started to dry out a bit, which I usually don't mind, except that because of the bristles on this mascara wand- my lashes became cake central. I tried to apply it so many different ways. I wanted to love it like I had the first few days! It only got worse. Am I the only one that has experienced this? I was so disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know I'm in the minority here but I FAR prefer the waterproof version of this. By far. I tried this for a solid 10 days and declare it a fail for me. This version is very wet and takes time to dry. While the lashes look great- I don't see a ton of difference between this and Voluminous. The wp version dries faster and lashes look amazing in one swipe.
For clarity, I'm a low maintenance make up gal- mascara and lipstick and I'm gone. Perhaps if I was more into the process, etc, this would work for me but it doesn't suit my current protocol ;)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wear corrector, TM, a little powder, blush, lippie, and mascara. All the time. I find that, at my age, I look better with less makeup. So, I spend more money on skin care. Except for mascara. I have used Le Volume de Chanel for many years. In my opinion it is the best mascara on the market, bar none.

It is the only mascara that lets me apply two coats (at least) without a clump. No cleaning excess from the brush, no combing through, no problem. My lashes are never stiff, it doesn't flake or smudge.
I put it on in the morning, and it still looks great at day's end.

It's expensive. And it's worth every damn penny. Eat ramen if you must, but buy it.