CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 5/18/2018 4:49:00 PM

I loved this mascara. I loved how it made my eyelashes look, long and thick. Unfortunately only rated a three star because this mascara smudges to the top of your eyelid and under the eye after an hour which is disappointing especially for the price. I have panda eyes before I even start work. I probably would buy another mascara next time because of this reason.

on 11/10/2017 11:34:00 AM

This review is for the bluish black mascara, but it applies to all of the colors, since the formulation is also a factor. Note: I am a mascara snob and connoisseur. Pale lashes, fine but lots of them. Also note: Chanel online is the best makeup you can buy, since they allow free returns without any sort of hassle. The return sticker is in the packaging, so you don't have to contact them (ugh, MAC!), and they return via UPS, meaning I can leave it out on my patio and not make an extra trip to USPS.

Color:
The BLUISH BLACK IS HOLY GRAIL. You. Must. Try. It. You can return it, easily, if you hate it. But you won't. If you have redness around your eyes, ruddiness in your skin tone, or are just fair--you must try it. You will thank me, I promise! It does not appear blue, at all. Indeed, it is more natural on me than black (too dark) or brown (too warm). This mascara has changed my entire makeup look, and I am desperate for them not to ever discontinue it, which is why I am writing this review. Other colored mascaras either have a crappy formulation/brush, or they are bright blue. This one reads subtle black on me, and it is the only mascara that does not make me look like an 80's punk rocker, or a piglet with red eyes. Oh, how I love it so. <3

Formulation:
Stellar. It is very thick, yet it applies evenly with a gloss, and it does not cause my lashes to look stiff or spidery. I don't need to use upper lid liner with this mascara, because it makes my lashes look thick enough without it.

Desert island, one product=this.

Edit/Update: this still= Best. Mascara. Ever. I tried the Faux DC YSL dark blue color for awhile, which is also great. However, I think this comes out on top. Even though I usually hate this kind of “hard” brush, it is the one mascara I’ve tried, ever, that does not require me to “work the brush.” In other words, I don’t have to manually manipulate the brush to give the look I desire. Somehow, it chunks, yet separates, my lashes into the ideal configuration, on its own—with just a normal brushing motion from me. I was analyzing selfies and realized I look prettier when I wear this. My lashes look thick and lush, and it improves my face. What’s funny is I recall a friend I had in 8th grade (30 years ago!) looking much prettier than usual one day, and she said it was b/c she used this mascara! That sticks out to me, b/c it was pricey for an 8th grader. However, even then, I was mascara obsessed, and used Dior Show, which has since (unfortunately) changed the brush (and formula?). Anyway, I just recall what a difference it made on her, and that’s still true, apparently!

on 11/7/2017 6:33:00 AM

Really disappointed with this mascara. I usually buy Dimensions de Chanel, which I love. I wouldn't say I was gifted with great lashes, but the Dimensions builds, lifts, separates and curls with a great finish, albeit needing quite a few coats. I fancied trying something new and was going to try the Inimitable Intense. However the young woman at the counter told me that this was the best mascara to get that 'oomph'. I wish I had trusted my instincts. I specifically asked it it was still good for curling and was told "Yes". Wrong, it isn't! In fact it looks exactly the same as far cheaper high street brands that just clump a lot of product on and do little else. Attempts at building just leaves obvious flaky clumps. I also managed to get a lot of product on my lids as the brush is quite large. UPDATE. Have to eat my words.....it's all in the application. Have now got the hang of applying it slowly and carefully and it looks great!!!

on 5/26/2017 6:57:00 PM

Really superb mascara with fabulous finish to your lashes. Easy formulation that just stays put even though I don't use the waterproof version. I have very fair but very long lashes which you'd never see without mascara. This does what you'd expect, it colours what I already have, however it also thickens and creates so much volume at the same time. So much so, and depending on whether you coat once or twice, it can look as though you're wearing false eye lashes, it's that good! Highly recommend this product. Again, one that won't be leaving my makeup bag any time soon.

on 2/20/2017 8:00:00 AM

This is the best (and the most expensive) mascara I have ever owned. My lashes are short and thin but this lengthens and tones them excellently. Once my friend even asked if I had put on lash extensions.

I would definitely buy this again.

on 1/22/2017 1:33:00 PM

I got a free sample of this product and decided to try it. When i put it on i thought it was amazing. My eyelashes looked so voluminous and long. The brush also made it really easy to put on . The only downside was after about an hour i had to take it off because my eyes started to puff and go red. I have sensitive skin and find it hard to find makeup products that don't irritate my skin. So if you have sensitive skin or hayfever i wouldn't nt recommend this product.

on 10/16/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got to try a sample of the chanel le volume when they released the darkest black (ultra-noir)
i was very impressed with the volume and curl it gave, but within hours i had black mascara under my eyes. This happened every time i used the sample.
I enquired at the makeup counter whether this was a common problem with the mascara, or just the sample. The sales lady said a few people had complained about the samples but believed the full size should be okay. I was contemplating for some time whether to purchase the large size as i absolutely loved the dramatic volume i was getting with the sample.
My husband ended up buying me it for Xmas.
After many months of using this mascara off and on, i can no longer stand it. EVERY time i use it i end up with black transfer under my eyes, and not the volume i was getting with the sample. i have been hoping it would dry a little, and give me the volume the sample did, but unfortunately this is not the case. I shouldn't have to check in the mirror all the time to see if i have mascara running under my eyes. Now, I do admit to being a mascara junkie, but unfortunately Chanel le volume would be the worst for transferring, and removal is the hardest of all my mascaras. There are so many good mascaras that give great volume without the dramas this one gives, for a third of the price.

on 8/19/2016 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is so good sometimes i think it is too much for day, but my lashes are naturally long and i just need the volume. Perfect mascara if you want it ALL.

I have always been a Chanel mascara fan, as soon as you wave the wand over your lashes you see the effect and you think today is a good eyelash day! It really takes well to my lashes.

However I have recently been left disappointed, I purchased 90 ultra noir as who doesn't want super dark long eyelashes?

I was so excited to bring it home and have many good eyelash days, them eyelash days turned in to people asking if I had a black eye. I don't know if they have changed the formular I haven't experienced this before with expensive or cheap mascara. I thought it was a one off but every time I used it it just left my under eyes black. Gutted as I love this mascara but for some reason this one just slips off and it's not the look I was going for.

Real shame, on the plus side get to hunt for a new mascara 👍🏻

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This can be a bit tricky to learn to apply, it can look a little clumpy if done incorrectly. That made me think I didn't like it to start with.

However, once you get the hang of it, and figure out how easy you should be on the hand, the results are unbelievable. It looks great even on my short stumpy lashes. It has not smeared once on me, and it didn't dry noticeable during the 6 months I used it.

I think this is a good one for people who like full long lashes, and don't have too thick or long lashes already. It can hold a curve, but requires that you curl your lashes first.

The price is a bit steep for the mascara, and I was thinking a bit back and forth on whether I would repurchase it. But at the end of the day I think it is good enough for me to purchase this a second time.