CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.5

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 3/15/2018 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to mascara. The one I have used for years and always came back for. It is so good that when I go back to it after an intermission trying something else, my husband often comments on how "pretty my eye makeup looks". It is always the mascara. It volumizes a lot. I never got comments when wearing other mascaras!
I have noticed that it is not the best at holding curl, but does not weigh the lashes down either. So this is only a problem if you have those downward facing lashes. I never had a problem.
This mascara, when it is good, never smudges, lasts through some tears and humidity, but comes of very easily at the end of the day.
When it is good it lasts me on average three months and then it starts smudging. It is very sad because it is at that point that the mascara really starts to look wonderful on the lashes, super volumizing, but it has to go to the trash because it smudges in a few hours. Please notice that I live in a very dry environment, so makeup dries up fast around here.
To me this reminds me of L'oreal's Lash Paradise, but I think Chanel gives me more volume still, certainly more length, and the Lash Paradise lasts me a month before starting to smudge. Since Chanel in Europe is still not 3 times more expensive than L'oreal, the Chanel option is the best buy for me.

I gave this only 4 stars because this review only applies to "when the mascara is good". This means that sometimes Le Volume will start smudging on me from the first week of use. I believe this has to do with the fact that some retailers sell really old products. So I have to worry about this, which is not ok.

My comparison to other mascaras, in case you are curious
Benefit roller lash - Benefit never ever smudges, holds the curl, volumizes less, separates more, lengthens more. Love it. Benefit is hard to take of. Slightly less omph than Le Volume though. Similar thoughts with They're real. A tube lasts 3 months. I use these when I want a bit of a water proof action, since Le Volume waterproof is HORRIBLE.
Chantecaille faux cils - Amazing mascara. Similar effects, or even better with the microfibres. Much worse packaging than Chanel. Lasts me 5 months. Will not smudge ever. This is an option, if you can tolerate the packaging which breaks within a week and the price.
Too Faced better than sex - Smudges every.single.time. Otherwise, beautiful when applied.
L'oreal and Maybelline mascaras (all) - some better than others, but all give less volume and impact.
Cover girl (US) clump crusher/MaxFactor(Europe) false lash, clump defy- like Benefit mascaras, these give better separation and lengthening. beautiful, but less volume than Le Volume. Less impact. Never smudge.
Clinique, Dior, Lancome, Estée Lauder mascaras - the ones I tried were all average. Lancôme hypnose was the best of the bunch, but worse than Chanel Le Volume.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If I could afford this mascara on a regular basis -- it would be my everyday mascara!! It's that good ( and then some). I've used over four tubes of it now and it has never let me down. It's very rich, very black - and with it's special "snowflake" applicator -- it lengthens, separates every lash, volumizes, holds the curl - never flakes or smudges --- I cannot say enough about this mascara formula. I am a mascara snob - and I've tried just about every kind out there.... and I just love Le Volume. My lashes are quite long, I must admit - but this makes them super long - extremely black, and they POP like crazy. I have absolutely nothing negative to say pertaining to this product ... but the price. However - we do get what we pay for. I love splurging on it, and when I do use it, I feel like it's a special product - and I know without a doubt I'm going to have a fab lash day!!! The brush seems to be the main factor - the formula too - but the applicator lifts and separates - for a wide eyed - doe eye'd look of complete perfection!!! Treat your self --- and purchase a tube - and you'll never look back!!! I just feel so special when I have it, and wear it ...and you should treat yourself accordingly!!! Enjoy!!!

The best mascara I've ever used! I try to keep stock of it all the time.

on 12/18/2016 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

All I have to say is wow. This is the BEST mascara that has ever touched my lashes. It's a push-up bra for your eyelashes. You do not need a lash curler with this mascara. It just makes them look their best 😻

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Although quite picky about most of the makeup i use, I thought drug store mascara was one item that I could get buy with using without spending a lot of money. THIS mascara changed my mind...one use and i understood what the fuss was about.

This mascara thickens, lengthens and doesn't flake, smudge or smear at all no matter how long i wear and it's not hard to remove. Le Volume gives me beautiful thick, long and perfectly fanned out lashes without clumping. I have never used any other mascara that was this dramatic and intense shade of black as far as color but in a very flattering way, not harsh at all. While it is pricey, I don't hesitate to purchase because of how well this preforms. I know this product will do what it promises and then some and never let's me down.

I do agree with some of the other reviews as far as being a little more runny than i prefer when i purchase a new tube, but after a week or so of use it's perfect. Love this mascara, will continue to use without a doubt!!

on 12/13/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Beautiful well defined lashes with lots of body and no clumps, in a perfect black. The only downside the price, so I try to reserve it for the evening or special days. So far my favourite mascara among hundreds all women must go through in their life.

on 8/23/2015 5:09:00 PM

This mascara is honestly the best one I've tried so far. It gives me the thick, full, and long look I love! I usually use more than one mascara at a time but with le volume I didn't need to at all, it's that good. It is on the pricey side so I just use it for special occasions. Looooooooove ittttttt!!

on 8/18/2015 2:53:00 AM

My favourite on the market , huge volume , lengthening , 10/10 from me !

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Long lasting, the bottle lasted for a long time without drying and that is why in the long run is worth. But do not take the waterproof one!! It's sticky, dried very quickly and the worst of all my lashes started to fall in a month.

on 5/20/2015 12:06:00 AM

This is mascara is amazing!!!! I received a sample of this at the Chanel counter in Nordstrom. I hate using little travel size mascaras but I gotta say I was so impressed with this travel size Chanel mascara!!! It gives my lashes so much length & thickness and also holds a very good curl. I only need 1 coat to make my lashes go vavavoom but I prefer to add more drama and go with a second coat!! I loved this so much I went out to get a full size. It is a very intense black shade similar to the Mac zoom fast black lash. This Chanel mascara beat my Dior show by a mile!!! This will be my forever go to mascar!!! Also it has no flakes/ fallout even after over 10 hours of wear!!! Amazing for how much drama it gives to the eyelashes!! Definetely recommend and worth the $35!!