CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.3

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 8/24/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Just let me add my two cents worth of feedback for this product to the already extensive reviews on MUA: I really like this mascara because of how it makes my lashes look as if I have on perfectly chosen false ones.

My lashes naturally curl, so I don't use a curler. I received this mascara, in sample size, as a gift about a week ago, yet I know that it is an expensive puppy! The first day I tried this mascara, I wiped off the applicator-brush with a tissue because I want my lashes to look natural, not overly coated with mascara. The effect was beautifully fanned lashes. I don't do my bottom lashes because my upper ones are naturally long, thick and full.

This mascara made them fuller and longer, really lush--I was really impressed.

Today, I tried the mascara without wiping off the brush, and I have to say, as I have previously read in MUA reviews for this product, there was too much applied with a wee bit of clumping. However, the mascara stayed wet long enough for me to comb through my lashes (approx. 3-5 mins.) so that I could remove the clumps and get that full, fanned look I like.

I'd say the CON in this approach was having to take the time to comb through the lashes; obviously, there are times when I wouldn't have that kind of time to do so. At the moment, this is the only CON, the cost of the mascara notwithstanding.

I'm not using the waterproof version, yet I'm not experiencing "raccoon eyes," etc. And yes, I do noticeably sweat on my face (though not constantly). Also, I like how easily the stuff washes off. I am "French trained" meaning I typically remove makeup and clean my skin with micellar water (using gentle scrubs or cleansing oils once in a while). I also use micellar water when wearing this mascara, but I also do a quick wash of my lashes (eyes, obviously, tightly shut) with Cetaphil cleansing bar (not the pump liquid) and a solid rinse following.

Voila! The mascara is completely removed!

BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking for a full, lush lash look, Le Volume de Chanel certainly does the trick! BTW, I'm using 10 Noir. I'd buy this mascara, but I won't rush out to do so. I need to do some more research as some MUA reviewers have commented on how different the applicator-brush SEEMS to be between the sample and the full-size tube, and the full-size seems to disappoint.

The applicator-brush is so KEY, isn't it? At any rate, this mascara is certainly a quality product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

OMG nothing compares to this. I've used Dior, YSL. With this you get volume in ONE swipe, You'll have to use MUCH more product, much more time, in other mascaras and STILL wont get the same volume this will give you.

If you dont like heavy mascara - ie. if your a Chanel Inimatable Intense or a Dior Extase kinda girl (which I so totally am), still buy this too - this will give you the same effect defined, natural, but quicker in ONE SWIPE.

It speeds up my mascara routine - LITERALLY two swipes and I'm done. And of course you can build it up to whore lashes if you want to go further. Trust me no other mascara will give you this much volume - even if you build it up.

In short 2 swipes Chanel le Volume = 10 swipes other Mascara (but the other mascara will give you clumps)

GO BUY IT NOW! stop wasting time thinking to be or not to be! You will NOT regret it! xox
NOTE! Wiggle it at your lash line then move out - you will not have spider lashes

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I'm completely smitten with this mascara, and it's the first that I have tried from Chanel, so I have no previous frame of reference. My lashes are short and curly, so I am perpetually on a journey for a mascara that makes them look super long. I felt that Le Volume de Chanel most certainly fits the bill.

I purchased this in 10 Noir, which is a standard black mascara, that's not a black as Diorshow Blackout, but is darker than Lancome Definicils. The formula is very wet when initially applied, but dries down really nicely. The wand is slim with plastic bristles, in a wavy unusual pattern. I mentioned that my lashes are super short, and I had no issues with the brush grabbing hold of each of them.

With regards to application, I took a tissue and wiped off all of the excess product prior to the first coat. I personally feel as though that is an important but over looked step in preventing clumpy lashes. I didn't find the lash separation to be very good, so I limited myself to 2 coats allowing about 1 minute of drying time between each. I did not experience smudging or flaking throughout the day.

The end result for me were beautiful, long and luscious lashes. If I could describe this product, I'd say it's like a pair of high heels for your eyelashes. I will most certainly be purchasing this again. I bought this at Macy's for $30.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This mascara is lovely. I have naturally curly medium length lashes and it does everything I need. Separates, builds volume and darkens. I wish I could repurchase more but at $30 its quite costly.

The brush has a plastic applicator, which made me nervous originally but it manages to separate well with no clumping! I did notice that after 2 months of use it started to flake, for $30 I was hoping it would make it to 3 months before I had to buy another.
This will have to be a birthday treat.