CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.1

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

A lovely mascara with an expensive price tag. I recommend the 'Blue Night' color, which is very sophisticated and cool. It's a dark midnight blue -- nothing like the bright blue Diorshow mascara (which is fun, but nothing like this one.) The Chanel 'blue night' color is quite subtle - it makes your eyes look just a bit more mysterious.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had a large sample size of this mascara. The brush is shaped like a spiked cudgel from GOT. I think the mascara is ok but not better than other mascaras that I have been using for awhile. It's a wet mascara that goes on with some minor clumps but does lead to volumized lashes after a couple of coats. It lasts well through a normal day and removes fairly easy. I just don't think it is better that my EL mascara or PTR lashes to die for which is $17 on Amazon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised that so many people like this mascara.

Pros:
- extra thick very black voluminous lashes.

Cons:
- the formula is very wet, that results in spikey lashes with mascara clumps;
- the brush is not designed to separate the lashes, it puts them all together and makes it impossible to reduce the amount of clumps;
- it smudges;
- it's a nightmare to take it off, even with a waterproof mascara remover.

Not for me.

on 11/10/2017 11:34:00 AM

This review is for the bluish black mascara, but it applies to all of the colors, since the formulation is also a factor. Note: I am a mascara snob and connoisseur. Pale lashes, fine but lots of them. Also note: Chanel online is the best makeup you can buy, since they allow free returns without any sort of hassle. The return sticker is in the packaging, so you don't have to contact them (ugh, MAC!), and they return via UPS, meaning I can leave it out on my patio and not make an extra trip to USPS.

Color:
The BLUISH BLACK IS HOLY GRAIL. You. Must. Try. It. You can return it, easily, if you hate it. But you won't. If you have redness around your eyes, ruddiness in your skin tone, or are just fair--you must try it. You will thank me, I promise! It does not appear blue, at all. Indeed, it is more natural on me than black (too dark) or brown (too warm). This mascara has changed my entire makeup look, and I am desperate for them not to ever discontinue it, which is why I am writing this review. Other colored mascaras either have a crappy formulation/brush, or they are bright blue. This one reads subtle black on me, and it is the only mascara that does not make me look like an 80's punk rocker, or a piglet with red eyes. Oh, how I love it so. <3

Formulation:
Stellar. It is very thick, yet it applies evenly with a gloss, and it does not cause my lashes to look stiff or spidery. I don't need to use upper lid liner with this mascara, because it makes my lashes look thick enough without it.

Desert island, one product=this.

Edit/Update: this still= Best. Mascara. Ever. I tried the Faux DC YSL dark blue color for awhile, which is also great. However, I think this comes out on top. Even though I usually hate this kind of “hard” brush, it is the one mascara I’ve tried, ever, that does not require me to “work the brush.” In other words, I don’t have to manually manipulate the brush to give the look I desire. Somehow, it chunks, yet separates, my lashes into the ideal configuration, on its own—with just a normal brushing motion from me. I was analyzing selfies and realized I look prettier when I wear this. My lashes look thick and lush, and it improves my face. What’s funny is I recall a friend I had in 8th grade (30 years ago!) looking much prettier than usual one day, and she said it was b/c she used this mascara! That sticks out to me, b/c it was pricey for an 8th grader. However, even then, I was mascara obsessed, and used Dior Show, which has since (unfortunately) changed the brush (and formula?). Anyway, I just recall what a difference it made on her, and that’s still true, apparently!

on 5/23/2017 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My grandma had a sample of this mascara and decided to give it to me since she knows I'm mad into makeup. I've also tried the full version.

I was skeptical when I first saw the wand since I dont usually like the plasticky short pointy spikes ones but tried it and loved it! Lots of volume (which is what I look for in mascaras) and the lashes kept the curl. I love how this looks in my lower lashes. Also I want to mention I've never got spidery-looking lashes with this mascara which I know can happen a lot with volumizing ones.

Didn't notice any flaking, nice wear through out the day.

So pros: Volumizing, wand is nicely sized you so you can apply mascara without messing your shadow look which is common practice for me (sad face), packaging is nice, not hard to remove, dries quick!, keeps lashes flexible.

Cons: The price jfc i wish I didn't like this mascara so much. Honestly other than that I have nothing negative to say about this.

Have a nice day!

on 5/1/2017 1:17:00 PM

All the great reviews on YouTube made me buy this mascara. Sadly, it deposits way too much product on my very long but very straight lashes and totally kills the curl I work so hard to achieve. Even with the lightest coating I can get with this brush, I literally see the curl coming out. I suspect this works brilliantly for people with thicker curlier lashes because they can put one coat on and go. Sadly, that's not how it is for me.
Because my lashes are so long, I look for volume but I prefer the "fluffier" volume I get with L'Oreal Voluminous. Yes, it take three coats but with it I get a full fan of nicely separated lashes and lots of them. The waterproof version is even better. I was hoping that Le Volume would be the "unicorn" product it is for so many others but it just isn't.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wear corrector, TM, a little powder, blush, lippie, and mascara. All the time. I find that, at my age, I look better with less makeup. So, I spend more money on skin care. Except for mascara. I have used Le Volume de Chanel for many years. In my opinion it is the best mascara on the market, bar none.

It is the only mascara that lets me apply two coats (at least) without a clump. No cleaning excess from the brush, no combing through, no problem. My lashes are never stiff, it doesn't flake or smudge.
I put it on in the morning, and it still looks great at day's end.

It's expensive. And it's worth every damn penny. Eat ramen if you must, but buy it.

The best mascara I've ever used! I try to keep stock of it all the time.

on 1/9/2017 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my favourite mascaras. I have very long lashes
I do find in the beginning its too much product. So I wipe off the first two dabs after that my lashes are perfect.

on 9/8/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The look of this mascara is formidable!
For me it is best suited for when you want really sexy and dramatic eyes - It is perfect for that!
But unfortunately for me, after some hours of application it starts to smudge, and it is very unfortunate when you look in the mirror, and your under eye area looks like the makeup of Jack Sparrow - Which were not the intention

So even though I love the look when applying, I do not love it, at the end of the day