CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Straight
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.1

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A friend who works at Chanel gave me a couple sample size tubes of this mascara and it really is lovely. After using it just long enough for the initial wet consistency to dry out a bit (really, aren't all mascaras better after they've been opened for a little while?!) it is a deep, luscious black cream that seems to lift and define all of my lashes while plumping them up. It wears extremely well on my oily skin and still removes relatively easily with cream cleanser or micellar water and a gentle massage. If it were not $32 a tube, I would run out to buy a full size today. Alas, I can't justify any mascara over $15 on my current budget. I will hope for a suitable dupe by way of the drugstore or a Korean brand.

on 4/7/2018 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Save your money and buy LOREAL Volume MIllion Lashes!!

I got the Chanel Le Volume as a sample and it is really nice but my current Loreal one is the perfect dupe for this...... and better!!!!!! Seriously!!

I put one on each eye and there was not much difference except the Loreal was smoother, i like to do two coats and use quite a lot, the Chanel felt heavier and was slightly clumpy.

Neither hold the curl great, but my eyes are super sensitive so i have difficulty with mascaras, so i'll go for slightly less curl for good volume and length with no clumps or flakes and no itchy, watery, puffy eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know I'm in the minority here but I FAR prefer the waterproof version of this. By far. I tried this for a solid 10 days and declare it a fail for me. This version is very wet and takes time to dry. While the lashes look great- I don't see a ton of difference between this and Voluminous. The wp version dries faster and lashes look amazing in one swipe.
For clarity, I'm a low maintenance make up gal- mascara and lipstick and I'm gone. Perhaps if I was more into the process, etc, this would work for me but it doesn't suit my current protocol ;)

on 12/18/2016 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

All I have to say is wow. This is the BEST mascara that has ever touched my lashes. It's a push-up bra for your eyelashes. You do not need a lash curler with this mascara. It just makes them look their best 😻

on 11/15/2016 5:59:00 PM

HG mascara for me, gives me feathery, fluffy long lashes and I'm not particularly gifted in the eyelash department. The lashes are still soft after using it and it never flakes on me. I bought it for years, since I haven't found anything as good as this, but recently I discovered an almost as good dupe from L'Oreal. So I bought several tubes of that to have in case they discontinue it, but if that doesn't happen, I don't see why I need to pay 30 euros on the Chanel one.

on 10/16/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got to try a sample of the chanel le volume when they released the darkest black (ultra-noir)
i was very impressed with the volume and curl it gave, but within hours i had black mascara under my eyes. This happened every time i used the sample.
I enquired at the makeup counter whether this was a common problem with the mascara, or just the sample. The sales lady said a few people had complained about the samples but believed the full size should be okay. I was contemplating for some time whether to purchase the large size as i absolutely loved the dramatic volume i was getting with the sample.
My husband ended up buying me it for Xmas.
After many months of using this mascara off and on, i can no longer stand it. EVERY time i use it i end up with black transfer under my eyes, and not the volume i was getting with the sample. i have been hoping it would dry a little, and give me the volume the sample did, but unfortunately this is not the case. I shouldn't have to check in the mirror all the time to see if i have mascara running under my eyes. Now, I do admit to being a mascara junkie, but unfortunately Chanel le volume would be the worst for transferring, and removal is the hardest of all my mascaras. There are so many good mascaras that give great volume without the dramas this one gives, for a third of the price.

on 7/23/2016 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One of my favourite mascaras along with GA ETK and CT Full, fat lashes.

Pro - doesn't flake or smear. Black, lengthens, volumises, holds curl.
Con - I don't like it the first week or two, its a bit runny and clumps a bit. After that first week I don't have any problems.

on 2/8/2016 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Can be very clumpy. Also significant flaking by the end of the day. Odd that I can find drugstore mascaras that work beautifully (such as Cover Girl Super Sized) but the expensive "premium" brands are crap. Ah, well, c'est la vie. And good for my wallet.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When my beloved waterproof Chanel inimitable intense was discontinued, that left me in a frenzy to look for a replacement. This mascara was recommended for me to try. The packaging is nice and sleek, pretty elegant. I love simplicity. I should mention waterproof formulas are crucial to me as I have stick-straight eyelashes and waterproof formulas hold the curl. Every mascara I purchase absolutely MUST be waterproof. So, I was excited that this mascara came in WP.

This mascara delivered awesome volume. My lashes looked thick, black, without clumping together. I really liked the way it applied! I was so excited. Then sadly, after a few minutes... I noticed my lashes started to droop.

Seems like even the waterproof formula may be too heavy for those like me with straight lashes. I tried it a couple more times after that and the same thing happened, my lashes began to drop and lost their curl. I was so disappointed as I had high expectations.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This can be a bit tricky to learn to apply, it can look a little clumpy if done incorrectly. That made me think I didn't like it to start with.

However, once you get the hang of it, and figure out how easy you should be on the hand, the results are unbelievable. It looks great even on my short stumpy lashes. It has not smeared once on me, and it didn't dry noticeable during the 6 months I used it.

I think this is a good one for people who like full long lashes, and don't have too thick or long lashes already. It can hold a curve, but requires that you curl your lashes first.

The price is a bit steep for the mascara, and I was thinking a bit back and forth on whether I would repurchase it. But at the end of the day I think it is good enough for me to purchase this a second time.