CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A friend who works at Chanel gave me a couple sample size tubes of this mascara and it really is lovely. After using it just long enough for the initial wet consistency to dry out a bit (really, aren't all mascaras better after they've been opened for a little while?!) it is a deep, luscious black cream that seems to lift and define all of my lashes while plumping them up. It wears extremely well on my oily skin and still removes relatively easily with cream cleanser or micellar water and a gentle massage. If it were not $32 a tube, I would run out to buy a full size today. Alas, I can't justify any mascara over $15 on my current budget. I will hope for a suitable dupe by way of the drugstore or a Korean brand.

A lovely mascara with an expensive price tag. I recommend the 'Blue Night' color, which is very sophisticated and cool. It's a dark midnight blue -- nothing like the bright blue Diorshow mascara (which is fun, but nothing like this one.) The Chanel 'blue night' color is quite subtle - it makes your eyes look just a bit more mysterious.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised that so many people like this mascara.

Pros:
- extra thick very black voluminous lashes.

Cons:
- the formula is very wet, that results in spikey lashes with mascara clumps;
- the brush is not designed to separate the lashes, it puts them all together and makes it impossible to reduce the amount of clumps;
- it smudges;
- it's a nightmare to take it off, even with a waterproof mascara remover.

Not for me.

on 6/6/2018 10:36:00 AM

I like Le Volumbe!!! It is not only gives my eyelashes more volume and length but also curl. I tried to compare it with my other eyelashes. It does provide more curl and did not weigh down my lashes. the only cons is that it is not waterproof and the price. Great for everyday coz it is not a heavy duty mascara. I will use waterproof formula if i am active and no time to touch up such as during busy work days or girls' night out or at the beach.

on 4/7/2018 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Save your money and buy LOREAL Volume MIllion Lashes!!

I got the Chanel Le Volume as a sample and it is really nice but my current Loreal one is the perfect dupe for this...... and better!!!!!! Seriously!!

I put one on each eye and there was not much difference except the Loreal was smoother, i like to do two coats and use quite a lot, the Chanel felt heavier and was slightly clumpy.

Neither hold the curl great, but my eyes are super sensitive so i have difficulty with mascaras, so i'll go for slightly less curl for good volume and length with no clumps or flakes and no itchy, watery, puffy eyes.

on 10/13/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It must be me, but I do not like it AT ALL. I bought it several times (how stupid can one be) because of the positive reviews and the charming Chanel sales ladies who kept convincing me that this is THE mascara. To be honest, most of these ladies were wearing the mascara as kind of promo, but none of them looked good with it. One customer dared to say: I am sorry, but your lashes look awful, I do not see any reason for buying when looking at you. Hilarious but o so true!

on 6/18/2017 8:56:00 PM

This mascara looks fantastic in the first hour or two then leaves me with transfer under my eyes and sometimes around my brow bone. I'm considering the waterproof version but the regular version is a pass for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know I'm in the minority here but I FAR prefer the waterproof version of this. By far. I tried this for a solid 10 days and declare it a fail for me. This version is very wet and takes time to dry. While the lashes look great- I don't see a ton of difference between this and Voluminous. The wp version dries faster and lashes look amazing in one swipe.
For clarity, I'm a low maintenance make up gal- mascara and lipstick and I'm gone. Perhaps if I was more into the process, etc, this would work for me but it doesn't suit my current protocol ;)

on 12/22/2016 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

4/5 lippies

I really like this mascara.
I have short asian straight lashes

Pro:
-super black
-fake lash effect
-lots of volume and good amount of length
- can be build to an dramatic effect
-elegant and simple tube
-no need for an eyelash curler

Con:
-its smudging (i use kate lash primer to prevent smudging)
-on the pricier side

=> I really like this mascara, give it a try!

I cannot begin to tell you how great this mascara is for small, thin lashes. I have tried most everything from Dior and Lancome, to Mac and many others. Chanel is in another league...really. Im hoping to marry this mascara, that is how much I love it.