CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

3.9

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had a large sample size of this mascara. The brush is shaped like a spiked cudgel from GOT. I think the mascara is ok but not better than other mascaras that I have been using for awhile. It's a wet mascara that goes on with some minor clumps but does lead to volumized lashes after a couple of coats. It lasts well through a normal day and removes fairly easy. I just don't think it is better that my EL mascara or PTR lashes to die for which is $17 on Amazon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised that so many people like this mascara.

Pros:
- extra thick very black voluminous lashes.

Cons:
- the formula is very wet, that results in spikey lashes with mascara clumps;
- the brush is not designed to separate the lashes, it puts them all together and makes it impossible to reduce the amount of clumps;
- it smudges;
- it's a nightmare to take it off, even with a waterproof mascara remover.

Not for me.

on 3/15/2018 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to mascara. The one I have used for years and always came back for. It is so good that when I go back to it after an intermission trying something else, my husband often comments on how "pretty my eye makeup looks". It is always the mascara. It volumizes a lot. I never got comments when wearing other mascaras!
I have noticed that it is not the best at holding curl, but does not weigh the lashes down either. So this is only a problem if you have those downward facing lashes. I never had a problem.
This mascara, when it is good, never smudges, lasts through some tears and humidity, but comes of very easily at the end of the day.
When it is good it lasts me on average three months and then it starts smudging. It is very sad because it is at that point that the mascara really starts to look wonderful on the lashes, super volumizing, but it has to go to the trash because it smudges in a few hours. Please notice that I live in a very dry environment, so makeup dries up fast around here.
To me this reminds me of L'oreal's Lash Paradise, but I think Chanel gives me more volume still, certainly more length, and the Lash Paradise lasts me a month before starting to smudge. Since Chanel in Europe is still not 3 times more expensive than L'oreal, the Chanel option is the best buy for me.

I gave this only 4 stars because this review only applies to "when the mascara is good". This means that sometimes Le Volume will start smudging on me from the first week of use. I believe this has to do with the fact that some retailers sell really old products. So I have to worry about this, which is not ok.

My comparison to other mascaras, in case you are curious
Benefit roller lash - Benefit never ever smudges, holds the curl, volumizes less, separates more, lengthens more. Love it. Benefit is hard to take of. Slightly less omph than Le Volume though. Similar thoughts with They're real. A tube lasts 3 months. I use these when I want a bit of a water proof action, since Le Volume waterproof is HORRIBLE.
Chantecaille faux cils - Amazing mascara. Similar effects, or even better with the microfibres. Much worse packaging than Chanel. Lasts me 5 months. Will not smudge ever. This is an option, if you can tolerate the packaging which breaks within a week and the price.
Too Faced better than sex - Smudges every.single.time. Otherwise, beautiful when applied.
L'oreal and Maybelline mascaras (all) - some better than others, but all give less volume and impact.
Cover girl (US) clump crusher/MaxFactor(Europe) false lash, clump defy- like Benefit mascaras, these give better separation and lengthening. beautiful, but less volume than Le Volume. Less impact. Never smudge.
Clinique, Dior, Lancome, Estée Lauder mascaras - the ones I tried were all average. Lancôme hypnose was the best of the bunch, but worse than Chanel Le Volume.

While the product is more wet than most, after learning careful application this has easily become my 'unicorn'.
The pigment is very black, there is minimal transfer, even after being face down in the chiropractors office, and comes off entirely without any fuss (no panda eyes).
My lashes are super dark, evenly fanned out, no clumping/spideriness, and make my eyes pop like nothing else.
It's pricey yes, and that sleek black tube with the double c's, it's a pleasure to work with and reach for in my makeup bag.
Bless you Coco, it's worth every penny :)

on 10/13/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It must be me, but I do not like it AT ALL. I bought it several times (how stupid can one be) because of the positive reviews and the charming Chanel sales ladies who kept convincing me that this is THE mascara. To be honest, most of these ladies were wearing the mascara as kind of promo, but none of them looked good with it. One customer dared to say: I am sorry, but your lashes look awful, I do not see any reason for buying when looking at you. Hilarious but o so true!

on 1/22/2017 1:33:00 PM

I got a free sample of this product and decided to try it. When i put it on i thought it was amazing. My eyelashes looked so voluminous and long. The brush also made it really easy to put on . The only downside was after about an hour i had to take it off because my eyes started to puff and go red. I have sensitive skin and find it hard to find makeup products that don't irritate my skin. So if you have sensitive skin or hayfever i wouldn't nt recommend this product.

on 1/9/2017 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my favourite mascaras. I have very long lashes
I do find in the beginning its too much product. So I wipe off the first two dabs after that my lashes are perfect.

on 12/22/2016 2:28:00 AM

4/5 lippies

I really like this mascara.
I have short asian straight lashes

Pro:
-super black
-fake lash effect
-lots of volume and good amount of length
- can be build to an dramatic effect
-elegant and simple tube
-no need for an eyelash curler

Con:
-its smudging (i use kate lash primer to prevent smudging)
-on the pricier side

=> I really like this mascara, give it a try!

on 9/8/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The look of this mascara is formidable!
For me it is best suited for when you want really sexy and dramatic eyes - It is perfect for that!
But unfortunately for me, after some hours of application it starts to smudge, and it is very unfortunate when you look in the mirror, and your under eye area looks like the makeup of Jack Sparrow - Which were not the intention

So even though I love the look when applying, I do not love it, at the end of the day

on 8/19/2016 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is so good sometimes i think it is too much for day, but my lashes are naturally long and i just need the volume. Perfect mascara if you want it ALL.