CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Oily
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.3

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A friend who works at Chanel gave me a couple sample size tubes of this mascara and it really is lovely. After using it just long enough for the initial wet consistency to dry out a bit (really, aren't all mascaras better after they've been opened for a little while?!) it is a deep, luscious black cream that seems to lift and define all of my lashes while plumping them up. It wears extremely well on my oily skin and still removes relatively easily with cream cleanser or micellar water and a gentle massage. If it were not $32 a tube, I would run out to buy a full size today. Alas, I can't justify any mascara over $15 on my current budget. I will hope for a suitable dupe by way of the drugstore or a Korean brand.

on 5/8/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was on the lookout for a new mascara, and after sampling this I immediately fell in love with it. A week into my purchase, I believe the formula started to dry out a bit, which I usually don't mind, except that because of the bristles on this mascara wand- my lashes became cake central. I tried to apply it so many different ways. I wanted to love it like I had the first few days! It only got worse. Am I the only one that has experienced this? I was so disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know I'm in the minority here but I FAR prefer the waterproof version of this. By far. I tried this for a solid 10 days and declare it a fail for me. This version is very wet and takes time to dry. While the lashes look great- I don't see a ton of difference between this and Voluminous. The wp version dries faster and lashes look amazing in one swipe.
For clarity, I'm a low maintenance make up gal- mascara and lipstick and I'm gone. Perhaps if I was more into the process, etc, this would work for me but it doesn't suit my current protocol ;)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Although quite picky about most of the makeup i use, I thought drug store mascara was one item that I could get buy with using without spending a lot of money. THIS mascara changed my mind...one use and i understood what the fuss was about.

This mascara thickens, lengthens and doesn't flake, smudge or smear at all no matter how long i wear and it's not hard to remove. Le Volume gives me beautiful thick, long and perfectly fanned out lashes without clumping. I have never used any other mascara that was this dramatic and intense shade of black as far as color but in a very flattering way, not harsh at all. While it is pricey, I don't hesitate to purchase because of how well this preforms. I know this product will do what it promises and then some and never let's me down.

I do agree with some of the other reviews as far as being a little more runny than i prefer when i purchase a new tube, but after a week or so of use it's perfect. Love this mascara, will continue to use without a doubt!!

on 2/8/2016 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Can be very clumpy. Also significant flaking by the end of the day. Odd that I can find drugstore mascaras that work beautifully (such as Cover Girl Super Sized) but the expensive "premium" brands are crap. Ah, well, c'est la vie. And good for my wallet.

on 9/16/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mascara, I bought it in strawberrynet so I didn't pay full price for it, but I will cause mine is over. I think it really gives a lot of volume and definition. When you first use it, it's a little runny but over time it gets thicker and perfect! Honestly this is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried. You can build it up, or wear only one coat and it still looks great. The price is steep but worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Never ever ever will I buy another mascara. I'm on my 4th tube and swear I'll never go back to anything else. Also, I've always cringed at the thought of wearing anything but black mascara but I'm a freak about their color 30 prune. You can't tell it's colored unless it's in a certain light but it makes green and hazel eyes stand out like crazy. If you have ever been curious about a colored mascara I would recommend this color above all. So happy I found this mascara. Idk how some women claim all mascaras are the same. This stuff is amazing.

on 8/4/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this mascara during Nordstrom's buy 2 get 1 free mascara event and I'm so glad I did. This mascara has a pretty wet formula when first opened so I would let mine dry out with the wand outside the tube for about 20 minutes for the first few applications. Makes lashes look long and full without all of the clumps. Brush can be tricky to get used to so don't try to use it quickly or you will end up with a smudgy mess. Would definitely buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing! One of my HG mascaras. The price is steep, but what else do you expect from Chanel...right? It has the same concept as "They're Real" Benefit Mascara. Tiny bristles that catch every lash. The mascara formula is right in the middle. Not too watery or too thick. I can get great volume from two coats, but three coats gives me that false lash look. Besides the price tag, this product is fantastic.

NOTE***

Carson's/Bon-Ton stores have GoodWill sales where everything in the store is 20% OFF including make-up. I suggest looking out for a sale like this and then go to the Chanel counter to pick one of these up. I only tried this because of the sale, and I'm glad I went for it. Now, I stock up whenever there is a 20% off sale.

on 4/3/2014 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this mascara after trying a sample and it is the BEST mascara I've used. The brush is quite thick but it really creates voluminous lashes. I have thin straight Asian eyelashes so I notice the volume. It also lengthens eyelashes which again is noticeable on Asian lashes :) It curls the lashes slightly depending how you work the brush upwards and out to the side to create a winged effect. If you have straight lashes, try curling your lashes and the look is va va voom!! It is more expensive than your drugstore mascara (it is Chanel after all) but for the difference it makes, its a good investment.