CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 5/23/2017 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My grandma had a sample of this mascara and decided to give it to me since she knows I'm mad into makeup. I've also tried the full version.

I was skeptical when I first saw the wand since I dont usually like the plasticky short pointy spikes ones but tried it and loved it! Lots of volume (which is what I look for in mascaras) and the lashes kept the curl. I love how this looks in my lower lashes. Also I want to mention I've never got spidery-looking lashes with this mascara which I know can happen a lot with volumizing ones.

Didn't notice any flaking, nice wear through out the day.

So pros: Volumizing, wand is nicely sized you so you can apply mascara without messing your shadow look which is common practice for me (sad face), packaging is nice, not hard to remove, dries quick!, keeps lashes flexible.

Cons: The price jfc i wish I didn't like this mascara so much. Honestly other than that I have nothing negative to say about this.

Have a nice day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so I bought this mascara 3 times, first time I bought it I loved it! It really was amaazing, flaked a bit, but made my eyelashes look amaze. The second time I bought it was smudged a lot don't know why, thought maybe it was a faulty one or changed the formula. Used a few other products after that. But then kept seeing this is one of the best rated on makeupalley. So thought I would try it one more time hoping it was just a dud the second one and be like the first time. NOPE! So bad total panda eyes. I gave it to my sister to try, thinking it might work well for her same, smudged like no others. Don't usually write reviews. But really so sad considering the price. Think they changed the formula, cause think there's no way I could have gotten to duds at totally different times.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So I have been through many many mascaras. High end and drug store. I go for volume and length. I have tried buxom that was a great one for volume but I wanted more. A friend recommended this to me and so I thought I wouldn't give it a try. And holey crap guys!! I thought that I would never find a mascara that in my eyes was perfect but this is seriously perfect. So much volume and length!! I have found my holey Grail! If you don't have curly eye lashes like me naturally it works fine with a lash curler. Doesn't flake!! Definitely worth the money! I will recommend this to everyone who asks me about how I get my lashes so long and thick which happens every time I go out in public!!

on 11/12/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice mascara but when I bought it I was expecting it to be amazing given all the rave reviews and the high price. I was a bit disappointed, it does give plenty of volume and it's nice and black. It started off too wet for my liking and was really messy to use but after a few weeks it "matured" to a nice consistency but by the 3rd month it was a bit too dry and clumpy and flaked a bit.

The shortcomings for me were mainly that it gave a fairly spider legged look of very few thick clumpy lashes. I didn't love the brush as it was much the same as similar plastic brushes and really hurts when I spike myself in the eye which I can't always avoid. I didn't think I got any separation or fanned out effect from this mascara which is the look I'm going for.

Anyway I definitely won't be buying again as Its very expensive and frankly underwhelming. Before I had this one I had lancome baby doll one which I thought was just as good overall (nicer look, flaked more though towards the end of its life though). Since finishing the Chanel I've been using Mac gigablack extended play which overall I prefer its close to the end of its life (I throw mascara away after 3 months due to susceptibility to eye infections) and still not flaky and its £10 cheaper!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Actually nothing special for me. Although one of my friends raves about it) for me L'oreal telescopic is a waay better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the ABSOLUTE BEST MASCARA on the market!!!! Everything from the way it applies, separates lashes, VOLUMIZES, and curls lashes, to the glorious longevity with ZERO flakey fallout or smearing!!! I have searched far and wide for a mascara with only half of these qualities and always would find something to complain about! With this mascara, I don't have to compromise in ANY area!!! The brush is wonderful and delivers this amazing product without clumping. It's easy to build a more dramatic look (if desired) with still, NO CLUMPING!!! And the packaging is just GORGEOUS!!! This mascara is a win on every level!!!! Go buy it right now!!!!!! =D

I wanted this mascara for a very long time, I believe that I've never wanted any mascara so bad. It is way too pricy for me (especially where I live, 40$), I got mine as a gift and it was very hard to be objective. I think when you love something so hard even before you get it, it is difficult to be honest with yourself and admit that you don't love it as much as you expected.
That being said, it think LVDC is GREAT mascara. With one coat I get lots and lots of volume, lenght and if I curl my lashes before mascara, they are really defined and separated (if I dont curl them, they can get a little clumpy). If I put two coats, my lashes are really out there, they look excellent.
The colour is true black. There is no smudging or flaking whole day. It is longlasting, wears like iron. Packaging is classic and elegant,
It was a bit wet at first, so it could get a little clumpy, but after one week that wasn't a problem anymore. Sometimes I get a little mascara on my lids, but that could be just my rushing in the morning.
But I honestly feel this mascara isn't worth the money. I have decent lashes, nothing crazy, I think they are a little thicker and longer than average, but really nothing special. Still, this voluminous effect is dupable imo, at least on me. I can get the same thing from any decent volumizing mascara.
The most unique thing about it, for me, was how nice it wears throughout the day. It looks great until I take it off. Many ds mascaras look ok freshly applied, but after a few hours, lashes lose volume and definition or mascara starts smudging or flaking. In that department LVDC is a knock-out.
I believe that someone with shorter or sparse lashes could enjoy this beautiful mascara and use it to its full potential, but for me it is way too pricy, especially if I can get the same thing with quality ds mascara (for example, MF 2000 calorie looks the same on me). I won't repurchase.
For me, it is a wonderful splurge item, and if the one has the money, why not? But when you are a student and save up to buy it, it's easy to be a little underwhelmed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Simply the best!!!
I'm a mascara junkie and I hit the jackpot with this one. It lengthens bigtime and gives out of control volume...it makes me look like I'm wearing falsies....wow!! I just ran out of mine and tomorrow I'm purchasing a new one....hope it doesn't get discontinued. A+++++

on 1/12/2015 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was really skeptical when I tried this mascara for the first time. It's very clumpy and wet brand new. If you wait a few weeks for it to dry out some, the formula is great. I don't have naturally long or thick lashes but when I wear this mascara, it looks like I'm wearing false lashes. The only issue I have with it, is it transfers to my crease area after a few hours so I'm constantly checking in the mirror, wiping away black smudge marks. For that reason, I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 12/23/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best mascara ever! I look like I have fake lashes. This mascara is a must and is worth every penny!