CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.3

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

A lovely mascara with an expensive price tag. I recommend the 'Blue Night' color, which is very sophisticated and cool. It's a dark midnight blue -- nothing like the bright blue Diorshow mascara (which is fun, but nothing like this one.) The Chanel 'blue night' color is quite subtle - it makes your eyes look just a bit more mysterious.

on 4/7/2018 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Save your money and buy LOREAL Volume MIllion Lashes!!

I got the Chanel Le Volume as a sample and it is really nice but my current Loreal one is the perfect dupe for this...... and better!!!!!! Seriously!!

I put one on each eye and there was not much difference except the Loreal was smoother, i like to do two coats and use quite a lot, the Chanel felt heavier and was slightly clumpy.

Neither hold the curl great, but my eyes are super sensitive so i have difficulty with mascaras, so i'll go for slightly less curl for good volume and length with no clumps or flakes and no itchy, watery, puffy eyes.

on 11/10/2017 11:34:00 AM

This review is for the bluish black mascara, but it applies to all of the colors, since the formulation is also a factor. Note: I am a mascara snob and connoisseur. Pale lashes, fine but lots of them. Also note: Chanel online is the best makeup you can buy, since they allow free returns without any sort of hassle. The return sticker is in the packaging, so you don't have to contact them (ugh, MAC!), and they return via UPS, meaning I can leave it out on my patio and not make an extra trip to USPS.

Color:
The BLUISH BLACK IS HOLY GRAIL. You. Must. Try. It. You can return it, easily, if you hate it. But you won't. If you have redness around your eyes, ruddiness in your skin tone, or are just fair--you must try it. You will thank me, I promise! It does not appear blue, at all. Indeed, it is more natural on me than black (too dark) or brown (too warm). This mascara has changed my entire makeup look, and I am desperate for them not to ever discontinue it, which is why I am writing this review. Other colored mascaras either have a crappy formulation/brush, or they are bright blue. This one reads subtle black on me, and it is the only mascara that does not make me look like an 80's punk rocker, or a piglet with red eyes. Oh, how I love it so. <3

Formulation:
Stellar. It is very thick, yet it applies evenly with a gloss, and it does not cause my lashes to look stiff or spidery. I don't need to use upper lid liner with this mascara, because it makes my lashes look thick enough without it.

Desert island, one product=this.

Edit/Update: this still= Best. Mascara. Ever. I tried the Faux DC YSL dark blue color for awhile, which is also great. However, I think this comes out on top. Even though I usually hate this kind of “hard” brush, it is the one mascara I’ve tried, ever, that does not require me to “work the brush.” In other words, I don’t have to manually manipulate the brush to give the look I desire. Somehow, it chunks, yet separates, my lashes into the ideal configuration, on its own—with just a normal brushing motion from me. I was analyzing selfies and realized I look prettier when I wear this. My lashes look thick and lush, and it improves my face. What’s funny is I recall a friend I had in 8th grade (30 years ago!) looking much prettier than usual one day, and she said it was b/c she used this mascara! That sticks out to me, b/c it was pricey for an 8th grader. However, even then, I was mascara obsessed, and used Dior Show, which has since (unfortunately) changed the brush (and formula?). Anyway, I just recall what a difference it made on her, and that’s still true, apparently!

on 11/7/2017 6:33:00 AM

Really disappointed with this mascara. I usually buy Dimensions de Chanel, which I love. I wouldn't say I was gifted with great lashes, but the Dimensions builds, lifts, separates and curls with a great finish, albeit needing quite a few coats. I fancied trying something new and was going to try the Inimitable Intense. However the young woman at the counter told me that this was the best mascara to get that 'oomph'. I wish I had trusted my instincts. I specifically asked it it was still good for curling and was told "Yes". Wrong, it isn't! In fact it looks exactly the same as far cheaper high street brands that just clump a lot of product on and do little else. Attempts at building just leaves obvious flaky clumps. I also managed to get a lot of product on my lids as the brush is quite large. UPDATE. Have to eat my words.....it's all in the application. Have now got the hang of applying it slowly and carefully and it looks great!!!

on 8/24/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Just let me add my two cents worth of feedback for this product to the already extensive reviews on MUA: I really like this mascara because of how it makes my lashes look as if I have on perfectly chosen false ones.

My lashes naturally curl, so I don't use a curler. I received this mascara, in sample size, as a gift about a week ago, yet I know that it is an expensive puppy! The first day I tried this mascara, I wiped off the applicator-brush with a tissue because I want my lashes to look natural, not overly coated with mascara. The effect was beautifully fanned lashes. I don't do my bottom lashes because my upper ones are naturally long, thick and full.

This mascara made them fuller and longer, really lush--I was really impressed.

Today, I tried the mascara without wiping off the brush, and I have to say, as I have previously read in MUA reviews for this product, there was too much applied with a wee bit of clumping. However, the mascara stayed wet long enough for me to comb through my lashes (approx. 3-5 mins.) so that I could remove the clumps and get that full, fanned look I like.

I'd say the CON in this approach was having to take the time to comb through the lashes; obviously, there are times when I wouldn't have that kind of time to do so. At the moment, this is the only CON, the cost of the mascara notwithstanding.

I'm not using the waterproof version, yet I'm not experiencing "raccoon eyes," etc. And yes, I do noticeably sweat on my face (though not constantly). Also, I like how easily the stuff washes off. I am "French trained" meaning I typically remove makeup and clean my skin with micellar water (using gentle scrubs or cleansing oils once in a while). I also use micellar water when wearing this mascara, but I also do a quick wash of my lashes (eyes, obviously, tightly shut) with Cetaphil cleansing bar (not the pump liquid) and a solid rinse following.

Voila! The mascara is completely removed!

BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking for a full, lush lash look, Le Volume de Chanel certainly does the trick! BTW, I'm using 10 Noir. I'd buy this mascara, but I won't rush out to do so. I need to do some more research as some MUA reviewers have commented on how different the applicator-brush SEEMS to be between the sample and the full-size tube, and the full-size seems to disappoint.

The applicator-brush is so KEY, isn't it? At any rate, this mascara is certainly a quality product!

I used this mascara a few times, and no thank you. True- This mascara makes amazing volume, as many others mascaras do. But it has a one ... actually BIG ONE ISSUE. You will have mess around the eyes.
When I used it, no there was not wet weather, or gym or water, neither I touched it.. literaly after a few hours I had mess under eyes. It also take a long time to dry.

Overaly, I would not reccomend it. Its Chanel and its totally useless. Hello its 2017- which mascara makes mess under eyes at this time?

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If I could afford this mascara on a regular basis -- it would be my everyday mascara!! It's that good ( and then some). I've used over four tubes of it now and it has never let me down. It's very rich, very black - and with it's special "snowflake" applicator -- it lengthens, separates every lash, volumizes, holds the curl - never flakes or smudges --- I cannot say enough about this mascara formula. I am a mascara snob - and I've tried just about every kind out there.... and I just love Le Volume. My lashes are quite long, I must admit - but this makes them super long - extremely black, and they POP like crazy. I have absolutely nothing negative to say pertaining to this product ... but the price. However - we do get what we pay for. I love splurging on it, and when I do use it, I feel like it's a special product - and I know without a doubt I'm going to have a fab lash day!!! The brush seems to be the main factor - the formula too - but the applicator lifts and separates - for a wide eyed - doe eye'd look of complete perfection!!! Treat your self --- and purchase a tube - and you'll never look back!!! I just feel so special when I have it, and wear it ...and you should treat yourself accordingly!!! Enjoy!!!

on 6/18/2017 8:56:00 PM

This mascara looks fantastic in the first hour or two then leaves me with transfer under my eyes and sometimes around my brow bone. I'm considering the waterproof version but the regular version is a pass for me.

on 5/26/2017 6:57:00 PM

Really superb mascara with fabulous finish to your lashes. Easy formulation that just stays put even though I don't use the waterproof version. I have very fair but very long lashes which you'd never see without mascara. This does what you'd expect, it colours what I already have, however it also thickens and creates so much volume at the same time. So much so, and depending on whether you coat once or twice, it can look as though you're wearing false eye lashes, it's that good! Highly recommend this product. Again, one that won't be leaving my makeup bag any time soon.

on 5/1/2017 1:17:00 PM

All the great reviews on YouTube made me buy this mascara. Sadly, it deposits way too much product on my very long but very straight lashes and totally kills the curl I work so hard to achieve. Even with the lightest coating I can get with this brush, I literally see the curl coming out. I suspect this works brilliantly for people with thicker curlier lashes because they can put one coat on and go. Sadly, that's not how it is for me.
Because my lashes are so long, I look for volume but I prefer the "fluffier" volume I get with L'Oreal Voluminous. Yes, it take three coats but with it I get a full fan of nicely separated lashes and lots of them. The waterproof version is even better. I was hoping that Le Volume would be the "unicorn" product it is for so many others but it just isn't.