CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

3.7

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 7/16/2018 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this mascara.it is a wet mascara which at times I dislike. This one is perfect. You can apply heavily or lighter for a more natural look. I never have problems with clumping and I find it lengthens and thickens beautifully. I cannot wait to try the brown and blue versions of this mascara. It comes off easily with my regular balm cleanser. Love love love it.

on 4/20/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried many, many mascara on a quest for the perfect one. I've tried drugstore and high-end brands. There are remarkable L'Oreal mascara, especially voluminous with collagen, but none I've found is as wonderful as Chanel.

Le Volume de Chanel is spendy. If you're like me and really don't wear much makeup other than sunscreen/primer and finishing powder, it's fine to splurge on nice mascara. I also use the Chanel eyelash primer. I find that using the primer and letting it dry fully before applying the mascara works best if you want a full, fanned out lash line rather separated lashes. Once the primer dries, it only takes one or two swipes of mascara to acheive lucious yet natural lashes that last all day. It also is easy to remove with a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil.There is absolutely no fragrance and no eye irritation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried a sample of this and did not care for it at all, because of the brush. I'm not a plastic wand fan, and this one is quite big. Because of how it's constructed, you can't scrape the mascara off on the edge of the tube, so I had way too much mascara on the wand. But I continued on, and I rather liked the formula, at first. It didn't irritate my eyes, which is a really big deal, but trying to apply it, was so much work - the brush clumped all of my lashes together in groups, and it was a lot of work to separate them. But once I got it, I did think it looked very pretty. It curled my lashed nicely and it's a very nice black that isn't too harsh (I prefer brown mascara), but after an hour or so, it smeared under my eyes, and continued to break down as the day wore on. I wanted to try the Inimitable, but they didn't have any samples, so I got one of their Inimitable tester brushes, tried it in this sample tube, and I liked it quite a bit better. It was much easier to work with, it separated and provided great length, although, not a ton of volume - but very, very pretty. If I was going to buy Chanel mascara, I would go with the Inimitable, but based on how it lasts, I don't think I'll bother. I'll stick with Lancôme Definicils and L'Oréal Voluminous.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

I expected more than I get with this mascara. It gives great length to my eyelashes, but almost no volume and its flaking pretty fast (after 3-4 hours of wearing).
However, I like the packaging, it looks very classy, but I don't think it's worth to pay $40 for beautiful package and very ordinary mascara on the inside.

on 4/3/2013 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I went into my Chanel to repurchase my Inimitable Intense in November and they happened to be out :( This happened to be when they were pre-releasing the Le Volume formula. I LOVE volume, so I figured what the hell. The brush is fatter than the I.I. formula, and it's wetter, which my lashes don't seem to like. For me, it clumped more. That may have been the fact that you can brush clumps out with the I.I. brush better, I don't know. Either way, I didn't like this after about 4 uses. It's too wet and clumps on me really easily. I already repurchased the Inimitable Intense and remembered why I liked it to begin with. It separates, this one doesn't.

Edit: I tried this again when I was desperately low on mascara and couldn't get to Bloomingdale's (I don't use drugstore makeup) and it had dried out a little and I liked it a LOT more. I still think I prefer Inimitable Intense due to the separation, but the fact that it wasn't horribly wet made it easier to use. My lashes hate super wet mascara. Ideally I would buy this and Inimitable Intense and layer them but spending $60 on mascara every 4 months is a tad much on my med school budget (and I already spend too much on makeup as it is anyway)

on 12/3/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is Chanel's newest mascara. It definitely adds tons of volume and separates better than most "big brush" mascaras without clumping. I have thin, short, puny lashes and must apply this very carefully so as not to overdo, but I am pretty impressed with the formula and brush. I usually cannot use this type of volumizing product without getting it all over my face and on and under my eyelids - ending up with a gloppy mess! This was a gift from my friend Radblanc and I might buy it again for myself.