CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

I used this mascara a few times, and no thank you. True- This mascara makes amazing volume, as many others mascaras do. But it has a one ... actually BIG ONE ISSUE. You will have mess around the eyes.
When I used it, no there was not wet weather, or gym or water, neither I touched it.. literaly after a few hours I had mess under eyes. It also take a long time to dry.

Overaly, I would not reccomend it. Its Chanel and its totally useless. Hello its 2017- which mascara makes mess under eyes at this time?

on 10/16/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got to try a sample of the chanel le volume when they released the darkest black (ultra-noir)
i was very impressed with the volume and curl it gave, but within hours i had black mascara under my eyes. This happened every time i used the sample.
I enquired at the makeup counter whether this was a common problem with the mascara, or just the sample. The sales lady said a few people had complained about the samples but believed the full size should be okay. I was contemplating for some time whether to purchase the large size as i absolutely loved the dramatic volume i was getting with the sample.
My husband ended up buying me it for Xmas.
After many months of using this mascara off and on, i can no longer stand it. EVERY time i use it i end up with black transfer under my eyes, and not the volume i was getting with the sample. i have been hoping it would dry a little, and give me the volume the sample did, but unfortunately this is not the case. I shouldn't have to check in the mirror all the time to see if i have mascara running under my eyes. Now, I do admit to being a mascara junkie, but unfortunately Chanel le volume would be the worst for transferring, and removal is the hardest of all my mascaras. There are so many good mascaras that give great volume without the dramas this one gives, for a third of the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so I bought this mascara 3 times, first time I bought it I loved it! It really was amaazing, flaked a bit, but made my eyelashes look amaze. The second time I bought it was smudged a lot don't know why, thought maybe it was a faulty one or changed the formula. Used a few other products after that. But then kept seeing this is one of the best rated on makeupalley. So thought I would try it one more time hoping it was just a dud the second one and be like the first time. NOPE! So bad total panda eyes. I gave it to my sister to try, thinking it might work well for her same, smudged like no others. Don't usually write reviews. But really so sad considering the price. Think they changed the formula, cause think there's no way I could have gotten to duds at totally different times.

on 2/8/2016 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Can be very clumpy. Also significant flaking by the end of the day. Odd that I can find drugstore mascaras that work beautifully (such as Cover Girl Super Sized) but the expensive "premium" brands are crap. Ah, well, c'est la vie. And good for my wallet.

on 10/17/2015 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update 6/3/16: dropping rating & packaging from 3 lippies to 1. A Chanel SA gave me a sample. I thought I'd see if my original review was fair. It was too generous. I detest this mascara. It clumps no matter how much I blot off. The brush is NOT for me. To say I hate this mascara is an understatement. I'd rather put all my makeup on and go with bare lashes than wear this.

Original review 10/17/15:So many good reviews and a lot cheaper than my HG Chantecaille Faux Cils. And, the Ultra Noir shade just released, which I thought might be the same as the much hyped Coal Noir UK bloggers were raving about just came out. Glad I went to NM to check it out. I compared the Noir and the Ultra Noir and there is a noticeable difference. The standard Noir looks like a grayish, brownish black next to the Ultra. I applied the Ultra to one eye and the Blue Night (?) to the other. Both lovely shades. Not sure if the clumpy, spikey result was the fault of the throw away applicators or just a clumpy formula. I wiped one throw away applicator with a tissue and one direct from the tube. No difference. The SA, who is a floater, so no particular allegiance to any brand said she herself like Chantecaille's mascaras much better. No buy for me.

on 2/11/2015 5:16:00 AM

Don't see what all the fuss is about this mascara. I gave this a chance and tried it out for a week but I would not repurchase. I applied three coats during my make up routine and I still couldn't see any change to my lashes. There weren't thicker or more voluminous plus it smudges under the eyes. I regret wasting my money on this as it's not cheap but you live and learn. There are cheaper mascaras out there that are much better than this one. Don't waste your money.

on 12/30/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The "brush" on this stuff is so horrible, I wouldn't even know if the formula was amazing. It's like applying mascara with a spatula because the brush barely has any bristles and absolutely none at all on the last three or so millimeters (those little end bristles are what gives you that pretty, fanned out look, so without them all you get is blobs of mascara on your outer and inner corners). My lashes are long and naturally curly and the lack of bristle just caked on the mascara with no definition whatsoever. The end result was two giant blobs of eyelash on each eye...not a pretty look. It looks fabulous on my sister and it obviously has some really great reviews, so maybe it's just me.

Too thick and clumpy. I'll stick to Iniranle

on 8/27/2014 6:22:00 PM

I don't know what the fuss is all about. This is nothing more than a drugstore mascara. I purchased this after reading all the hype, and for $32 it is awful. First, it does not give you great dramatic lashes. It's more natural looking and that's after 2 coats. Second, it smeared all over my top and bottom lashes after only 1 or 2 hours. I looked a mess. I use to use Instant Lash many years ago and they discontinued it. This is just awful. And Chanel's liquid liner just separated and smeared all over me. They should be ashamed of themselves. I use to use a lot of Chanel makeup but their quality is down the drain. The only thing good about them is the packaging.

I did not like this mascara at all. I tried out a tester at the mall, and the formula stung the minute I put the mascara on and continued to sting...I couldn't wait to get home and remove it. It also clumped like crazy, and I only stroked each eye a few times. This mascara also made my eyes look too dramatic and fake...not the look I'm going for.