CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 12/3/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is Chanel's newest mascara. It definitely adds tons of volume and separates better than most "big brush" mascaras without clumping. I have thin, short, puny lashes and must apply this very carefully so as not to overdo, but I am pretty impressed with the formula and brush. I usually cannot use this type of volumizing product without getting it all over my face and on and under my eyelids - ending up with a gloppy mess! This was a gift from my friend Radblanc and I might buy it again for myself.

I LOVE THIS MASCARA! it's a great somewhat natural, volumizing and lengthening mascara. i have normal eyelashes and they are quite thick and long naturally and this adds just more of everything without clumping or smudge (it does NOT smude, and EVERYTHING smudges on me). for me, as i got quite good lashes, i'm just looking for that extra that doesn't smudge. it sounds easy right? its not! every mascara except this one and the Estee Lauder Sumptuous smudges on me. and i've tried so many.
the chanel le volume de chanel even stays put at the end of a crazy snowstormy day here in sweden.

great luxury packaging, great lasting power overall a lovely lovely mascara! 2 thumbs up!

on 12/7/2012 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have long, thin eyelashes and I love this product! I was using Chanel Inimitable Intense, but this one is way better! One coat is sufficient, but I use two because I like a dramatic look. Of course, the price is ridiculous but oh well...

UPDATE I had to return this wonderful mascara as I was having my eyes burn and tear and a small film on my eyes due to the fact that it has a scent to it. I am very upset that my eyes couldn't handle it, but this is a awesome mascara if you can handle the scent on your eyes.IF I COULD YELL on top of a tall tall building and all women could hear me I would scream how GREAT THIS MASCARA IS this adds lenght, volume and full lashes and you can run a comb thru them and will not tug at your lashes to clean it up but you really don't need a comb to comb it out it does not clump nor flake or even smudge for that matter WOMEN OUT THERE YOU WILL NOT REGRET PAYING $30 PL TAX ON THIS ONE. CHANEL OUT DID THEMSELFS.watch out Lancome,dior, and all other high ends THIS WILL BRING YOUR EYES OUT FOR SURE MAKES THE LITTLE LASHS INTO BIG ONES AND YOUR EYES POP so you ask would I buy this again and again answer YES I would spend my last dime on it. LOVE THIS STUFF IT IS SOFT ALSO NOT HARD IF I CAN GIVE THIS A 20 I WOULD BUT CAN ONLY GIVE 5 BECAUSE THIS SITE ONLY DOES 5 LIPPIES

on 12/13/2012 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Let it be known I have bought many $$$$ mascaras. ...along with many brands of drugstore mascaras as well.
HANDS DOWN...the best mascara I have ever used. My lashes are semi short/medium, not sparse, but not full. One coat does the trick. Blackest black, velvety look. Adds dramatic length and volume for me. I was concerned with the brush being a big brush that this might be a clumpy mess to apply....NOT!! No smudging for me after 12-15 hr day. Another interesting finding, I don't have to curl my lashes for this mascara to look good...but with that said, curling does give me optimal results.
Cannot say enough about this mascara, 30.00... pricey...yes, but sooooo worth it for me:)

on 12/14/2012 2:41:00 PM

Trust me - mascara is mainly the only makeup I use in addition to loose powder, so it means world to me. This mascara is PERFECT! Better than YSL Faux Cills, better than their previous Inimitable, better than European version of Lancome Intencils from several years ago. Even better than GA Eyes to Kill. Just one great mascara. Love it.

In my 32 years of wearing MU this is the BEST mascara I have ever tried. It does exactly what Chanel says it will. I will definitely buy it again!

Update 2/9/13: I am still loving this mascara and I have had no trouble with clumping.

on 12/23/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

the best mascara i have ever used. never smears

cons: not waterproof. if wet, youre in trouble.

on 12/25/2012 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Amazing! I'm a mascara fanatic and this is my new favorite. It's better than any of my previous holy grail mascaras, YSL Faux Fils, Lancome Hypnose, and Chanel Inimitable Intense. Length-wise, Chanel Le Volume performs the same as the others, but when it comes to volume and curl hold, it takes the cake. I have pin straight Asian lashes that are average in length and volume, so I like a very dramatic mascara that makes them look as big as possible. With 3 coats, Chanel Le Volume makes them look like false lashes. I did need to use a lash comb after the third coat, but it didn't clump as badly as YSL Faux Cils. The thing that really blew me away about Chanel Le Volume is that it performed perfectly when I first opened it, whereas with my previous favorites they all needed a week to dry otherwise the formula was too wet and my lashes would droop. The brush is big, but it reaches every lash and doesn't touch my eyelids as long as I'm careful while applying. I had no problems with smearing or flaking throughout the day. If you like big, dramatic lashes, definitely try this mascara out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

So far I'm impressed. I love a good mascara and have tried many: YSL, Lanc�me, Dior, Clinique, smashbox, MAC, etc. I will say I prefer this on its own. I tried the Dior primer under this and did not like how it felt. I don't think this needs a primer. I love the brush and formula. No flakes or smudges. I will say its slightly harder to remove than other mascaras. I have thin and short lashes and this gave me long and voluminous non- clumping lashes. A bit pricey.

Edit: Minus 1 lippie. I have found that this is definitely not good with the Dior primer. I also have found that I have to apply this just so or it really bothers me and I find myself rubbing or messing with my eyes. Maybe not good for sensitive eyes? A couple of coats but not too many or they stick together. Less is more or me with it. I am still liking it, but may not repurchase, but am on the fence. Today I've had it on for about 15 hours and my lashes still look nice. They are defined and glossy and soft not hard or stiff. If I try to apply thicker with more coats it does not work well. I have not had any smudging or fall out. If anything, as I mentioned before, it's more difficult to remove.

Edit: 12/21/13 - added a lippie back. I really do like this and how it looks. I have recently been switching between Lorac cobra, L'oreal something, and Trish McEvoy. I really do like this Chanel mascara. *sigh* It is kind of unfortunate b/c it's expensive!

Edit: 3/1/14 - ok. Using Dior primer with chanel mascara exclusively. It looks the best.