Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, (+/-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

This mascara has been recommended to me so many times that I finally bought it from Nordstrom, and I am underwhelmed.

The brush is good for getting close to the lashline. It does separate and darken lashes.

But it's not great at holding a curl. My lashes don't look lush and dramatic when I use this mascara. I get much more volume from some of my other mascaras, including Too Faced Better Than Sex. Chanel Le Volume can flake. It doesn't make my lashes significantly longer or thicker-looking. It's a ho-hum mascara, in my opinion. And it is SO overpriced.

on 11/10/2017 11:34:00 AM

This review is for the bluish black mascara, but it applies to all of the colors, since the formulation is also a factor. Note: I am a mascara snob and connoisseur. Pale lashes, fine but lots of them. Also note: Chanel online is the best makeup you can buy, since they allow free returns without any sort of hassle. The return sticker is in the packaging, so you don't have to contact them (ugh, MAC!), and they return via UPS, meaning I can leave it out on my patio and not make an extra trip to USPS.

Color:
The BLUISH BLACK IS HOLY GRAIL. You. Must. Try. It. You can return it, easily, if you hate it. But you won't. If you have redness around your eyes, ruddiness in your skin tone, or are just fair--you must try it. You will thank me, I promise! It does not appear blue, at all. Indeed, it is more natural on me than black (too dark) or brown (too warm). This mascara has changed my entire makeup look, and I am desperate for them not to ever discontinue it, which is why I am writing this review. Other colored mascaras either have a crappy formulation/brush, or they are bright blue. This one reads subtle black on me, and it is the only mascara that does not make me look like an 80's punk rocker, or a piglet with red eyes. Oh, how I love it so. <3

Formulation:
Stellar. It is very thick, yet it applies evenly with a gloss, and it does not cause my lashes to look stiff or spidery. I don't need to use upper lid liner with this mascara, because it makes my lashes look thick enough without it.

Desert island, one product=this.

on 9/28/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I received a small sample of this mascara, so I don't know if it's different from the full size version, but I didn't like it much. It did make my lashes thicker, but seemed to weight them down and they lost most of their curl immediately... The top of my lashes had thinned out and gotten thicker again, so I had to run a dry wand over to even them out. I wouldn't buy this, but maybe the sample version, being so much smaller made it go on differently.

on 10/13/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would like to love this mascara. It is so cult, that you need to like it. But I actually do not. It is too wet for me, it sticks my lashes together and it ends up under my eyes by the end of the day. The brown color is less wet than the black one (or was this a coincidence) but still, the results were not great.

on 11/7/2017 6:33:00 AM

Really disappointed with this mascara. I usually buy Dimensions de Chanel, which I love. I wouldn't say I was gifted with great lashes, but the Dimensions builds, lifts, separates and curls with a great finish, albeit needing quite a few coats. I fancied trying something new and was going to try the Inimitable Intense. However the young woman at the counter told me that this was the best mascara to get that 'oomph'. I wish I had trusted my instincts. I specifically asked it it was still good for curling and was told "Yes". Wrong, it isn't! In fact it looks exactly the same as far cheaper high street brands that just clump a lot of product on and do little else. Attempts at building just leaves obvious flaky clumps. I also managed to get a lot of product on my lids as the brush is quite large. UPDATE. Have to eat my words.....it's all in the application. Have now got the hang of applying it slowly and carefully and it looks great!!!

on 10/23/2017 9:44:00 AM

I agree with all users above who gave this product low rating. It also gave me some sort of allergy that made my eyes feel droopy and heavy. I did not
Know what has caused it until I switched to other non-Chanel mascara. The reaction is no longer there. Who would think? I am a big fan of Chanel products but no more Chanel mascara for me.

on 6/18/2017 8:56:00 PM

This mascara looks fantastic in the first hour or two then leaves me with transfer under my eyes and sometimes around my brow bone. I'm considering the waterproof version but the regular version is a pass for me.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If I could afford this mascara on a regular basis -- it would be my everyday mascara!! It's that good ( and then some). I've used over four tubes of it now and it has never let me down. It's very rich, very black - and with it's special "snowflake" applicator -- it lengthens, separates every lash, volumizes, holds the curl - never flakes or smudges --- I cannot say enough about this mascara formula. I am a mascara snob - and I've tried just about every kind out there.... and I just love Le Volume. My lashes are quite long, I must admit - but this makes them super long - extremely black, and they POP like crazy. I have absolutely nothing negative to say pertaining to this product ... but the price. However - we do get what we pay for. I love splurging on it, and when I do use it, I feel like it's a special product - and I know without a doubt I'm going to have a fab lash day!!! The brush seems to be the main factor - the formula too - but the applicator lifts and separates - for a wide eyed - doe eye'd look of complete perfection!!! Treat your self --- and purchase a tube - and you'll never look back!!! I just feel so special when I have it, and wear it ...and you should treat yourself accordingly!!! Enjoy!!!

on 8/24/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Just let me add my two cents worth of feedback for this product to the already extensive reviews on MUA: I really like this mascara because of how it makes my lashes look as if I have on perfectly chosen false ones.

My lashes naturally curl, so I don't use a curler. I received this mascara, in sample size, as a gift about a week ago, yet I know that it is an expensive puppy! The first day I tried this mascara, I wiped off the applicator-brush with a tissue because I want my lashes to look natural, not overly coated with mascara. The effect was beautifully fanned lashes. I don't do my bottom lashes because my upper ones are naturally long, thick and full.

This mascara made them fuller and longer, really lush--I was really impressed.

Today, I tried the mascara without wiping off the brush, and I have to say, as I have previously read in MUA reviews for this product, there was too much applied with a wee bit of clumping. However, the mascara stayed wet long enough for me to comb through my lashes (approx. 3-5 mins.) so that I could remove the clumps and get that full, fanned look I like.

I'd say the CON in this approach was having to take the time to comb through the lashes; obviously, there are times when I wouldn't have that kind of time to do so. At the moment, this is the only CON, the cost of the mascara notwithstanding.

I'm not using the waterproof version, yet I'm not experiencing "raccoon eyes," etc. And yes, I do noticeably sweat on my face (though not constantly). Also, I like how easily the stuff washes off. I am "French trained" meaning I typically remove makeup and clean my skin with micellar water (using gentle scrubs or cleansing oils once in a while). I also use micellar water when wearing this mascara, but I also do a quick wash of my lashes (eyes, obviously, tightly shut) with Cetaphil cleansing bar (not the pump liquid) and a solid rinse following.

Voila! The mascara is completely removed!

BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking for a full, lush lash look, Le Volume de Chanel certainly does the trick! BTW, I'm using 10 Noir. I'd buy this mascara, but I won't rush out to do so. I need to do some more research as some MUA reviewers have commented on how different the applicator-brush SEEMS to be between the sample and the full-size tube, and the full-size seems to disappoint.

The applicator-brush is so KEY, isn't it? At any rate, this mascara is certainly a quality product!

I used this mascara a few times, and no thank you. True- This mascara makes amazing volume, as many others mascaras do. But it has a one ... actually BIG ONE ISSUE. You will have mess around the eyes.
When I used it, no there was not wet weather, or gym or water, neither I touched it.. literaly after a few hours I had mess under eyes. It also take a long time to dry.

Overaly, I would not reccomend it. Its Chanel and its totally useless. Hello its 2017- which mascara makes mess under eyes at this time?