Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, (+/-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 8/24/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Just let me add my two cents worth of feedback for this product to the already extensive reviews on MUA: I really like this mascara because of how it makes my lashes look as if I have on perfectly chosen false ones.

My lashes naturally curl, so I don't use a curler. I received this mascara, in sample size, as a gift about a week ago, yet I know that it is an expensive puppy! The first day I tried this mascara, I wiped off the applicator-brush with a tissue because I want my lashes to look natural, not overly coated with mascara. The effect was beautifully fanned lashes. I don't do my bottom lashes because my upper ones are naturally long, thick and full.

This mascara made them fuller and longer, really lush--I was really impressed.

Today, I tried the mascara without wiping off the brush, and I have to say, as I have previously read in MUA reviews for this product, there was too much applied with a wee bit of clumping. However, the mascara stayed wet long enough for me to comb through my lashes (approx. 3-5 mins.) so that I could remove the clumps and get that full, fanned look I like.

I'd say the CON in this approach was having to take the time to comb through the lashes; obviously, there are times when I wouldn't have that kind of time to do so. At the moment, this is the only CON, the cost of the mascara notwithstanding.

I'm not using the waterproof version, yet I'm not experiencing "raccoon eyes," etc. And yes, I do noticeably sweat on my face (though not constantly). Also, I like how easily the stuff washes off. I am "French trained" meaning I typically remove makeup and clean my skin with micellar water (using gentle scrubs or cleansing oils once in a while). I also use micellar water when wearing this mascara, but I also do a quick wash of my lashes (eyes, obviously, tightly shut) with Cetaphil cleansing bar (not the pump liquid) and a solid rinse following.

Voila! The mascara is completely removed!

BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking for a full, lush lash look, Le Volume de Chanel certainly does the trick! BTW, I'm using 10 Noir. I'd buy this mascara, but I won't rush out to do so. I need to do some more research as some MUA reviewers have commented on how different the applicator-brush SEEMS to be between the sample and the full-size tube, and the full-size seems to disappoint.

The applicator-brush is so KEY, isn't it? At any rate, this mascara is certainly a quality product!

I used this mascara a few times, and no thank you. True- This mascara makes amazing volume, as many others mascaras do. But it has a one ... actually BIG ONE ISSUE. You will have mess around the eyes.
When I used it, no there was not wet weather, or gym or water, neither I touched it.. literaly after a few hours I had mess under eyes. It also take a long time to dry.

Overaly, I would not reccomend it. Its Chanel and its totally useless. Hello its 2017- which mascara makes mess under eyes at this time?

on 6/18/2017 8:56:00 PM

This mascara looks fantastic in the first hour or two then leaves me with transfer under my eyes and sometimes around my brow bone. I'm considering the waterproof version but the regular version is a pass for me.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If I could afford this mascara on a regular basis -- it would be my everyday mascara!! It's that good ( and then some). I've used over four tubes of it now and it has never let me down. It's very rich, very black - and with it's special "snowflake" applicator -- it lengthens, separates every lash, volumizes, holds the curl - never flakes or smudges --- I cannot say enough about this mascara formula. I am a mascara snob - and I've tried just about every kind out there.... and I just love Le Volume. My lashes are quite long, I must admit - but this makes them super long - extremely black, and they POP like crazy. I have absolutely nothing negative to say pertaining to this product ... but the price. However - we do get what we pay for. I love splurging on it, and when I do use it, I feel like it's a special product - and I know without a doubt I'm going to have a fab lash day!!! The brush seems to be the main factor - the formula too - but the applicator lifts and separates - for a wide eyed - doe eye'd look of complete perfection!!! Treat your self --- and purchase a tube - and you'll never look back!!! I just feel so special when I have it, and wear it ...and you should treat yourself accordingly!!! Enjoy!!!

on 5/26/2017 6:57:00 PM

Really superb mascara with fabulous finish to your lashes. Easy formulation that just stays put even though I don't use the waterproof version. I have very fair but very long lashes which you'd never see without mascara. This does what you'd expect, it colours what I already have, however it also thickens and creates so much volume at the same time. So much so, and depending on whether you coat once or twice, it can look as though you're wearing false eye lashes, it's that good! Highly recommend this product. Again, one that won't be leaving my makeup bag any time soon.

on 5/23/2017 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My grandma had a sample of this mascara and decided to give it to me since she knows I'm mad into makeup. I've also tried the full version.

I was skeptical when I first saw the wand since I dont usually like the plasticky short pointy spikes ones but tried it and loved it! Lots of volume (which is what I look for in mascaras) and the lashes kept the curl. I love how this looks in my lower lashes. Also I want to mention I've never got spidery-looking lashes with this mascara which I know can happen a lot with volumizing ones.

Didn't notice any flaking, nice wear through out the day.

So pros: Volumizing, wand is nicely sized you so you can apply mascara without messing your shadow look which is common practice for me (sad face), packaging is nice, not hard to remove, dries quick!, keeps lashes flexible.

Cons: The price jfc i wish I didn't like this mascara so much. Honestly other than that I have nothing negative to say about this.

Have a nice day!

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This mascara ticks all boxes for me: gives instant fullness to my lashes, lasts all day and is easy to remove. Best of all, it curls my lashes. I think that it's the current answer to Extrême Cils of days of yore, which I loved and was heartbroken when there was no replacement for it. It's painfully expensive and the blue shade was darkened from number 20 to 70, but, no matter, this is, in my books, the perfect mascara.

on 5/1/2017 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

All the great reviews on YouTube made me buy this mascara. Sadly, it deposits way too much product on my very long but very straight lashes and totally kills the curl I work so hard to achieve. Even with the lightest coating I can get with this brush, I literally see the curl coming out. I suspect this works brilliantly for people with thicker curlier lashes because they can put one coat on and go. Sadly, that's not how it is for me.
Because my lashes are so long, I look for volume but I prefer the "fluffier" volume I get with L'Oreal Voluminous. Yes, it take three coats but with it I get a full fan of nicely separated lashes and lots of them. The waterproof version is even better. I was hoping that Le Volume would be the "unicorn" product it is for so many others but it just isn't.

on 5/8/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was on the lookout for a new mascara, and after sampling this I immediately fell in love with it. A week into my purchase, I believe the formula started to dry out a bit, which I usually don't mind, except that because of the bristles on this mascara wand- my lashes became cake central. I tried to apply it so many different ways. I wanted to love it like I had the first few days! It only got worse. Am I the only one that has experienced this? I was so disappointed.

on 5/11/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The best mascara ever. It adds volume,length,curve and seperates my lashes so well. It never clumps,or flakes and smells great. My eyelashes love it!