CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by age: 44-55
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 7/16/2018 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this mascara.it is a wet mascara which at times I dislike. This one is perfect. You can apply heavily or lighter for a more natural look. I never have problems with clumping and I find it lengthens and thickens beautifully. I cannot wait to try the brown and blue versions of this mascara. It comes off easily with my regular balm cleanser. Love love love it.

on 11/7/2017 6:33:00 AM

Really disappointed with this mascara. I usually buy Dimensions de Chanel, which I love. I wouldn't say I was gifted with great lashes, but the Dimensions builds, lifts, separates and curls with a great finish, albeit needing quite a few coats. I fancied trying something new and was going to try the Inimitable Intense. However the young woman at the counter told me that this was the best mascara to get that 'oomph'. I wish I had trusted my instincts. I specifically asked it it was still good for curling and was told "Yes". Wrong, it isn't! In fact it looks exactly the same as far cheaper high street brands that just clump a lot of product on and do little else. Attempts at building just leaves obvious flaky clumps. I also managed to get a lot of product on my lids as the brush is quite large. UPDATE. Have to eat my words.....it's all in the application. Have now got the hang of applying it slowly and carefully and it looks great!!!

on 10/23/2017 9:44:00 AM

I agree with all users above who gave this product low rating. It also gave me some sort of allergy that made my eyes feel droopy and heavy. I did not
Know what has caused it until I switched to other non-Chanel mascara. The reaction is no longer there. Who would think? I am a big fan of Chanel products but no more Chanel mascara for me.

on 8/24/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Just let me add my two cents worth of feedback for this product to the already extensive reviews on MUA: I really like this mascara because of how it makes my lashes look as if I have on perfectly chosen false ones.

My lashes naturally curl, so I don't use a curler. I received this mascara, in sample size, as a gift about a week ago, yet I know that it is an expensive puppy! The first day I tried this mascara, I wiped off the applicator-brush with a tissue because I want my lashes to look natural, not overly coated with mascara. The effect was beautifully fanned lashes. I don't do my bottom lashes because my upper ones are naturally long, thick and full.

This mascara made them fuller and longer, really lush--I was really impressed.

Today, I tried the mascara without wiping off the brush, and I have to say, as I have previously read in MUA reviews for this product, there was too much applied with a wee bit of clumping. However, the mascara stayed wet long enough for me to comb through my lashes (approx. 3-5 mins.) so that I could remove the clumps and get that full, fanned look I like.

I'd say the CON in this approach was having to take the time to comb through the lashes; obviously, there are times when I wouldn't have that kind of time to do so. At the moment, this is the only CON, the cost of the mascara notwithstanding.

I'm not using the waterproof version, yet I'm not experiencing "raccoon eyes," etc. And yes, I do noticeably sweat on my face (though not constantly). Also, I like how easily the stuff washes off. I am "French trained" meaning I typically remove makeup and clean my skin with micellar water (using gentle scrubs or cleansing oils once in a while). I also use micellar water when wearing this mascara, but I also do a quick wash of my lashes (eyes, obviously, tightly shut) with Cetaphil cleansing bar (not the pump liquid) and a solid rinse following.

Voila! The mascara is completely removed!

BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking for a full, lush lash look, Le Volume de Chanel certainly does the trick! BTW, I'm using 10 Noir. I'd buy this mascara, but I won't rush out to do so. I need to do some more research as some MUA reviewers have commented on how different the applicator-brush SEEMS to be between the sample and the full-size tube, and the full-size seems to disappoint.

The applicator-brush is so KEY, isn't it? At any rate, this mascara is certainly a quality product!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If I could afford this mascara on a regular basis -- it would be my everyday mascara!! It's that good ( and then some). I've used over four tubes of it now and it has never let me down. It's very rich, very black - and with it's special "snowflake" applicator -- it lengthens, separates every lash, volumizes, holds the curl - never flakes or smudges --- I cannot say enough about this mascara formula. I am a mascara snob - and I've tried just about every kind out there.... and I just love Le Volume. My lashes are quite long, I must admit - but this makes them super long - extremely black, and they POP like crazy. I have absolutely nothing negative to say pertaining to this product ... but the price. However - we do get what we pay for. I love splurging on it, and when I do use it, I feel like it's a special product - and I know without a doubt I'm going to have a fab lash day!!! The brush seems to be the main factor - the formula too - but the applicator lifts and separates - for a wide eyed - doe eye'd look of complete perfection!!! Treat your self --- and purchase a tube - and you'll never look back!!! I just feel so special when I have it, and wear it ...and you should treat yourself accordingly!!! Enjoy!!!

on 5/1/2017 1:17:00 PM

All the great reviews on YouTube made me buy this mascara. Sadly, it deposits way too much product on my very long but very straight lashes and totally kills the curl I work so hard to achieve. Even with the lightest coating I can get with this brush, I literally see the curl coming out. I suspect this works brilliantly for people with thicker curlier lashes because they can put one coat on and go. Sadly, that's not how it is for me.
Because my lashes are so long, I look for volume but I prefer the "fluffier" volume I get with L'Oreal Voluminous. Yes, it take three coats but with it I get a full fan of nicely separated lashes and lots of them. The waterproof version is even better. I was hoping that Le Volume would be the "unicorn" product it is for so many others but it just isn't.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wear corrector, TM, a little powder, blush, lippie, and mascara. All the time. I find that, at my age, I look better with less makeup. So, I spend more money on skin care. Except for mascara. I have used Le Volume de Chanel for many years. In my opinion it is the best mascara on the market, bar none.

It is the only mascara that lets me apply two coats (at least) without a clump. No cleaning excess from the brush, no combing through, no problem. My lashes are never stiff, it doesn't flake or smudge.
I put it on in the morning, and it still looks great at day's end.

It's expensive. And it's worth every damn penny. Eat ramen if you must, but buy it.

on 10/16/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got to try a sample of the chanel le volume when they released the darkest black (ultra-noir)
i was very impressed with the volume and curl it gave, but within hours i had black mascara under my eyes. This happened every time i used the sample.
I enquired at the makeup counter whether this was a common problem with the mascara, or just the sample. The sales lady said a few people had complained about the samples but believed the full size should be okay. I was contemplating for some time whether to purchase the large size as i absolutely loved the dramatic volume i was getting with the sample.
My husband ended up buying me it for Xmas.
After many months of using this mascara off and on, i can no longer stand it. EVERY time i use it i end up with black transfer under my eyes, and not the volume i was getting with the sample. i have been hoping it would dry a little, and give me the volume the sample did, but unfortunately this is not the case. I shouldn't have to check in the mirror all the time to see if i have mascara running under my eyes. Now, I do admit to being a mascara junkie, but unfortunately Chanel le volume would be the worst for transferring, and removal is the hardest of all my mascaras. There are so many good mascaras that give great volume without the dramas this one gives, for a third of the price.

on 9/16/2016 10:34:00 AM

I LOVE this mascara! I had received a sample of it and simply could not resist buying one. The brush is great for separating the lashes and, even after a couple of coats, there is no clumping. The mascara stays in place, too - something that some of the other higher end products I've purchased in the past have failed to do! While the price is higher than the drug store brands, I'm willing to pay a little extra to get the look that I want. I would definitely buy again!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm