CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Filtered by age: 30-35
CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, ( /-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

This mascara has been recommended to me so many times that I finally bought it from Nordstrom, and I am underwhelmed.

The brush is good for getting close to the lashline. It does separate and darken lashes.

But it's not great at holding a curl. My lashes don't look lush and dramatic when I use this mascara. I get much more volume from some of my other mascaras, including Too Faced Better Than Sex. Chanel Le Volume can flake. It doesn't make my lashes significantly longer or thicker-looking. It's a ho-hum mascara, in my opinion. And it is SO overpriced.

on 9/28/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I received a small sample of this mascara, so I don't know if it's different from the full size version, but I didn't like it much. It did make my lashes thicker, but seemed to weight them down and they lost most of their curl immediately... The top of my lashes had thinned out and gotten thicker again, so I had to run a dry wand over to even them out. I wouldn't buy this, but maybe the sample version, being so much smaller made it go on differently.

on 5/11/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The best mascara ever. It adds volume,length,curve and seperates my lashes so well. It never clumps,or flakes and smells great. My eyelashes love it!

on 11/15/2016 5:59:00 PM

HG mascara for me, gives me feathery, fluffy long lashes and I'm not particularly gifted in the eyelash department. The lashes are still soft after using it and it never flakes on me. I bought it for years, since I haven't found anything as good as this, but recently I discovered an almost as good dupe from L'Oreal. So I bought several tubes of that to have in case they discontinue it, but if that doesn't happen, I don't see why I need to pay 30 euros on the Chanel one.

I love Chanel mascara. I'm allergic to ridiculous amounts of cosmetics and I tried Chanel out of desperation because my eyes reacted to just about everything else. I've been using Le Volume de Chanel for two years now, and have yet to have an allergic reaction to it.

Due to my allergies, my eye doctor doesn't recommend I try waterproof mascara, so the non-waterproof version is what I am reviewing. This product lasts all day. Sometimes, though, as others have mentioned, I will get a little bit of it pooling under my eyes. I usually just dab at it with my fingers and the bit that is under my eye is gone.

I don't have to use an eyelash curler with this mascara, the wand is good enough to curl my lashes without an eyelash curler.

All in all, I recommend this mascara very highly - it lasts and lasts and it hasn't aggravated my eye allergies yet.

on 5/10/2016 5:16:00 AM

I do like this mascara, it is good for separation and can provide volume if several coats have been applied. Therefore it has lost a lippy. But the formula is not clumpy and I will still continue to buy it until I find my ideal mascara.

on 5/6/2016 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

***Update:
I hate doing this after I've rated a product so well, but after some further use of this mascara, save your money and go elsewhere! After a few applications of use I find the formula just doesn't work the same. I'm sticking with my HG max factor 2000 calorie mascara and something I always go back to - Lancôme hypnose.

Hands down the best mascara I have ever used, and I've used all the good ones!! Never fails to perform, giving me the false lash look but without the false effect if that makes sense. Only issue is it dries quickly in the bottle for such a pricey item. For anyone who is wondering, max factor 2000 calorie is very similar to this. Don't bother with Lancôme hypnose, too much fall out. I will continue to buy tho, it's that good.

on 4/27/2016 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried so many mascaras but this one really does the work. My lashes are beautifull, I found my HG. It is a bit pricey (L'oreal mascaras are also great and cheaper but this one is worth the price). One package lasts long, stays all day, it is easily removed and doesn' irritate my eyes.

on 12/8/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Gives me gigantic lashes, but loses a lippie for slight smudging (and for the ridiculous price). To be fair, all mascaras smudge on me apart from Max Factor ones, and even MF does sometimes - my lashes are long and curl up so they touch the skin under my eyes and eyebrows, so mascara transfers easily. But for the price, I would hope the Chanel wouldn't smudge, so I won't be buying it again. It really does give you huge, thick lashes and doesn't clump or flake, so it's worth a try if you don't usually have problems with smudging. It's very wet when you first buy it and performs much better a week or so after having been opened and dried out a little.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my holy grail products, but that being said, I'll start with my cons. To be clear, I'm reviewing Noir, the soft black.
Cons:
- the price. It's ridiculous. At $32 a pop, it's just absurd. That being said, I buy this when Nordstrom does their mascara sale, so it works out. If I were to have to purchase this at full price, I wouldn't. But if price is no object, then read on.
- The texture of the mascara is very… wet. It works in the soft black, but in the other shades (brown, ultra black) it is a hot mess. It certainly does what it says- gives amazing volume. But it requires some dry-down time. If you have sparse lashes, then this may be too wet for you.

Pros:
- V.O.L.U.M.E. If you really want to amp it up, two coats will give insane volume. Not "I'm wearing fake lashes" volume, but a nice in-between that looks luxe and natural at the same time.
- Long wearing. It doesn't harden like cement or flake off. Nor does it run or smudge (as long as you don't touch your eyes!).
- Doesn't irritate my sensitive contact-lens-wearing eyes.

I repurchase this often, again only on sale.