Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/30/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Naked Basic 2 review : I love these eyeshadows because they are not glittery and too much for everyday.I do not like the lightest eyeshadow in the palette,it's not pigmented at all.I expected small eyeshadow brush to go with it,but no.That was a dissapointment for me,because I paid a lot for it in Europe (and it says on the back :pair it with our double ended brush).To sum up,some of these eyeshadows are really nice but the whole palette is REALLY OVERPRICED.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I had my eye on this for ages as it looked like the perfect nude palette. Eventually, I gave in and took the plunge.

Sadly the shadows are chalky, patchy and really awkward to blend - and I've tried loads of different primers and brushes. Bleurgh. It just looks muddy so it's not for me and I'll be passing the palette on to a friend with different colouring who might get on better with it.

On a positive note, the last three colours are useful for brows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I think I may be the only girl who doesn't like the Urban Decay NAKED Basics palette. It was expensive (about $30.00 in Canada) and the colour pay-off and staying power was awful for the price. I could've gotten the same quality from a drugstore brand and for cheaper. In my opinion it was NOT worth the money and I don't think I would repurchase any Urban Decay palettes again simply for the reason of how junky they seemed. Perhaps I got a dud? I'm not sure but I was not impressed. If you are looking for a higher quality eyeshadow palette I would highly recommend the LORAC Pro Palettes (I use the #1 palette) as they are amazing! This is drugstore quality at best.

on 7/3/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't like the 3 Nakeds, but I really love the Naked Basics. This palette is really great if you just want a simple neutral eye. You can create a gorgeous smokey eye if you want also. It's easy to lighten or deepen the look. You can also leave it matte, or make it shimmery. This is also a great travel palette, being that it is so small and versatile (day to night looks, specifically). I would recommend this for beginners also. The only downside is probably the packaging because for some reason the shadows break easily. When I finish some of the shades in the palette, I will probably repurchase because the black shade broke entirely in the one I have now.

on 6/27/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I decided I wanted to try matte shadows, but didn't like the drugstore ones I bought (much too chalky). After testing I store and feeling how buttery these are, I decided to splurge. It has been worth it. I can create so many looks with this. The one color I never seem to touch is crave (black shade) unless I'm using it as a liner. I use the other colors frequently. Foxy is a great brow color, WOS a good barely there lid color, naked2 a good lid color or barely there crease color, and faint a good crease color or liner color. Venus is good for adding some light shimmer to the inner corners of the eye, brow highlight, or even as a blending color over the lid to add a bit of cool brightness. I do think I'd look into the naked basics 2 before repurchasing this, but I'll have one on hand from now on. I find all colors to have a purpose of some sort, but wish the black was a chocolate brown shade instead, which is why I took a lippie off. This palette can create so many looks and can be mixed with others to get even more looks. This travels well and has yet to show any signs of chipping or breaking for me. It is also compact, another plus for traveling. Overall, I recommend and will not be without a naked basics palette in my makeup arsenal.

on 3/2/2015 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Luv this palette. Even though the colours are VERY basic, the quality is top notch. Pigmentation and staying power is terrific. I only wish there were a couple of additional colours to play with to have more variety, then it would reach holy grail status.

I own several neutral palettes but reach for this one a lot.

on 12/29/2014 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was a pretty let down by this pallet. I know that UD shadow formulations are very loved in the the beauty world, however, I felt that there are many single shadows that could preform better then these shadows in terms of quality and pigment.

Eye primer used: Saphora Collection 24 hour Glitter Glue or MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

Packaging:

One thing I did truly enjoy this pallets packaging. The pallet is sleek and compact and feels very nice in texture, similar in feel to that of the NARS blushes packaging. The addition of the mirror is great and the size is perfect for up close touch ups on eyes/eye brows. The size of each pan is very generous,even the shadow I have used almost everyday for the last 4 months barely has a dent in it.

Color/Tone:

Venus - Shimmery cream colored white. Fairly warmed toned. I find the shimmer in this somewhat chunky. I would have preferred this to a warm metallic finish. The color is very sheer and even with the addition of a primmer did not show up very well. I did not like this for a brow bone/inner core highlight as the it was far to white.

Foxy & W.O.S - Both shades are matte, one is a more neutral tone beige while the other is a more yellow toned beige. Think the difference of color between MAC's paint pots in Painterly and Soft Ochre. I am putting these two together as I had a similar experience with both shades. Both had very little pigmentation and were very chalky. Very dry formula. When used as both lid and transition colors, both shades barely showed up even when heavily packed on.

Naked 2: A cool toned light brown. Favorite color in the pallet by far! This shade is much softer then the other matte's and has a fairly good pigmentation. You can certainly build this up to a deeper color. This is my go to crease shade in the pallet. This shades staying powder was better then the both Foxy & W.O.S

Faint: A dark warm matte brown. I found that this shade was not very bendable in the crease. I did try to use this as a liner but I found it to be a little off in color in terms of a brown liner as it is a little too warm. However, I have gotten SO MUCH use out of this as brow powder. I have very warm dark brown hair and this is the perfect color for me in the brows. Not to warm toned for the job, I use this shade everyday in my brows and it lasts all day.

Crave: A basic straight up matte black. I find this is not pigmented enough for a liner shade and is very difficult to blend out on the lid and in the crease. The only uses I have had for the this is setting liquid and gel liner and occasionally darkening up my brows when going for a more dramatic look.

Lasting Power:

With the exception of the Faint, Naked 2 and Crave, the other half the shades in this pallets perform very poorly in terms of staying powder as they tend to wear off very quickly even with the addition of a eye primer. Pigmentation in these shades was also very lacking.

Would I buy again?

No I would not buy this again. I while I have found use for 3 of the 6 shades, I do not feel this was worth the 36 dollars Canadian. I to replace my daily use of the shades Naked 2 and Faint, I will instead use MAC's "Espresso" (Crave) and "Wedge" or "Omega" (Naked 2).

on 11/12/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! when choosing to decide whether to buy this product or a cheaper MUA version or a more expensive two faced version its a no brainer! this product can easily transform your look from daytime to night-time with its neutral and dark shadows. I most commonly use W.O.S on my lid and naked two in my crease with faint in my outer v. i will definatley be purchasing the naked basics palette. you may think its expensive but considering the quality is totally worth it!

on 10/3/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The palette smells AWFUL. it smells like cat piss. i don't know if i just got a bad batch or something but it smells terrible and it's all i think about when i use the palette. the odor is so strong. the colors aren't that bad and they blend beautifully. it's an above average palette, but the stench is horrid.

on 8/18/2014 3:58:00 PM

Love this palette!!!!!!! It was my first e/s palette and it is named perfectly. Everyone needs this in their collection. It works great for a matte eye look or in conjunction with other eyeshadows.