Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/7/2017 1:43:00 PM

I just purchased my second Naked Basic -- in the last week, I've hit pan on Faint, Naked 2, WOS, and will hit it on Foxy soon -- I'll bust into the second one when I use up those four shade, so I felt it was appropriate to finally review this thing.

I don't necessarily care for Venus (the shimmer shade), because I love an all-matte look, but I can use it as a face highlight -- I have warm-toned fair skin.

Naked Basics is perfect for everyday use, as well as for travel. I can do any neutral look that I want and I can use a little bit of Faint(brown) to fill in my eyebrows.

I usually set my primer with Foxy, use Naked 2 as a transition, crave in the crease, and then apply WOS on the lid for some brightening. I will also take this to an evening look using a small amount of the black (crave) into the crease.

IMO, the only drawback to this palette is that most of the colors wouldn't necessarily show up on deeper skin toes.

It was $29, when I repurchased; I think it was $27 when I got it in 2013. I've spent way too much money on so many eyeshadows over the last five years, but I ALWAYS go back to this palette.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like most palettes, I find myself using only some of the shades, and completely ignoring others. I don't use the far right-hand black shade. I don't wear black well, so this one has never been touched. But, I love the first 4 shades from left to right. The first 3 are good basic highlight and lid shades (the far left being shimmery and the other 3 are flat matte), and the 4th I use as a transition shade around my crease. The 5th brown color is unimpressive to me. The formula is highly pigmented, blends well, is buildable and holds up well throughout the day. I would not repurchase simply because I don't use the entire palette and I can find similar shades/dupes in singles for about the same price.

on 3/4/2017 12:03:00 AM

5 stars for this. Absolutely LOVE this palette. I've had it for a few years and no matter which new palettes I pick up, I always go back to this. It's a perfect size for traveling and the neutrals are so easy to use. The only thing I dislike is the packaging. The case is some type of matte rubber (similar to NARS) and it collects so much eyeshadow/dust. I'm considering depotting it into something else so my hands don't get eyeshadow on them every time I use it. Other than that, I don't mind the price (it's worth it!), and I will definitely repurchase when I'm done. I've already hit pan on W.O.S. and I will hit pan on Naked2 soon.

on 1/22/2016 4:34:00 PM

I've had this palette for a few years and use it almost everyday for the shade "naked 2". It's a perfect crease shade for me.It's an awesome matte cool light brown with almost a grey undertone. I used to use foxy everyday as a brow highlight, but unfortunately it broke. I haven't hit pan, yet, on naked 2 but there is definitely a dent. I don't really use any of the other shades that much but it's nice to know I have a black, pink and yellowish ivory matte if I needed it for a look. I really wish naked 2 was available in a single so I could purchase it alone when I run out but I honestly love it so much that when i do run out of it, i'll probably buy another full palette just for the one color. I like the color of the packaging and the size is pretty cute, although sometimes I have a hard time finding it in my stash. Also, the clasp SUCKS. I can't even close it all of the way or it will take me 10 minutes to get it open the next time I go to use it.

on 9/29/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't have any of the original UD naked palettes but I bought this as my travel eyeshadow palette. It has all the colours of need for eyes and eyebrows. Overall I do like it. I think I like MAC eye shadows better than UD as I find that there is less fall down. But overall good palette and great slim case for travel!

on 8/26/2015 11:47:00 PM

This is a review on BOTH the naked basics 1 and 2

GET THEM! You won't regret it, seriously

BASICS 1
I am very pale with cool undertones and I definitely lean on the pink side and this palette works so well for me! It is definetly warm but in a weird way it would work for any skin tone honestly. The colors blend flawlessly and you can go subtle or build it to be darker. I don't use foxy at all and barely use WOS but the highlight she'd is awesome and I'm obsessed with the last three shades. It creates the best smokey eye even for my pale self.

BASICS 2
I love this palette just a TAD bit more than the first one just bc it's cooler. This is a very cool toned palette but just like the other palette, would work for any person seriously. I'm absolutely in love with this palette. I think it makes me skin and green eyes look amazing! I don't care for skimp or starke. I LIVE for frisk and cover and I love that undone is a great option for a darker color that's not black or too harsh.

I would love for UD to come out with a naked basics that had purply mauvy colors. I'd die!!!

Pros:
$29.. I'd pay 50 for these!
Creamy/blendable mattes
Both will work for cool or warm undertones
Best nude palettes
Great color payoff and lasting power

Cons:
None!!!!!

Do you NEED both of them?? You don't need any makeup! But if you can afford them or get them as gifts them yes! They are completely different and give completely different looks and you can play them off eachother.

Below average. Don't recommend this because you could spend $45 towards much better eye shadows!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this palette. I bought it because I love the texture of the matte shadows in the Naked2 and thought this would be a win. Unfortunately I have discovered that wearing all neutral eyeshadow isn't something I like doing. For that reason, I won't repurchase this palette. But the shadows themselves are amazing. And I know you're supposed to use this palette along with other shadows but I prefer to spend as little time possible and wear as little product as possible. On a high note, I have found that the Naked 2 shade is the perfect shade for me to fill in my dusty blonde eyebrows, so I do use it everyday for that. I also use the shade venus for a highlight shade quite a bit.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a fan of the natural look that was popular when I was young and first wearing makeup. Not only does this palette deliver that look, it does so while being kind to the older eyes of someone born during the Eisenhower administration. I first discovered this after experimenting with my 22 yr old's palette one day and quickly decided I needed one for myself. Naked2 in this palette is an amazing light taupey shade which is perfection for use in the crease if you are fair and want just a bit of definition. Foxy is a great light base color for me tho it has a bit too much sheen so I layer it over my LM Vanilla Nuts.

on 5/8/2015 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a guru classic for a reason, providing a decent amount of a range of colors in useful amounts. If you don't like any one color, it's not like you've invested in a full pan; if you're into combination "looks" the mix of choices will be useful. I like this because I tend to migrate towards light or neutral matte eye looks, so the colors fill needs I already have. I can use a dab of Venus to brighten my inner eyes, or some Crave to enhance my eyeliner; combining the inner colors, especially Walk of Shame and Naked 2, gives me a good range of daytime looks for pale skin. The pigmentation means I don't have to fuss too much to get even coverage, and the fineness of the powder makes it easy to blend out or into another color. I'd highly recommend this for almost any user of eyeshadow who fits any of the above criteria.