Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/25/2017 9:31:00 AM

This was my first high end eyeshadow palette, and although I've used and still using it A LOT (that's why I would probably repurchase it), I totally HATE THE FALL OUT!!!!
I was so excited because it was my first UD Naked palette, so high end, so hyped, so "if you're a beginner you NEED THIS",... And then I always have to start with my eye makeup because of how much product falls on my face!!! I have a Make Up Revolution palette (the white chocolate one) and it doesn't have any fall out, I thought UD eyeshadows would be so much better!

Because of this I'm afraid of buying another Naked palette. I've heard Too Faced palettes have less fall out and they're cheaper than UD so... Maybe I'll look for them instead!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

What a wonderful, practical little workhorse. I've been looking for a palette I can use for every day that works for different occasions and it's been surprisingly impossible. And I haven't had much luck with the larger UD Naked ones.

This one is just right!
PROS
-just right undertones. Not too cool, not too warm. Would work for almost everyone. Also a smart range of shades so it could be adjusted for lighter or darker skin tones.
-pigmented, yet easy to blend (unlike Kat Von D)
-lasts from 5am to 10pm without creasing. I do use a primer
-good value for the quality
-compact, sturdy almost rubbery case. Love It!
-easy to work a natural or dramatic look

CONS
-none that I can think of

So glad I found this. Great buy!

on 3/3/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a must have eyeshadow palette!!!! Spectacular colors. Maybe look boring, but this is the basis for so many eyeshadow looks

on 11/19/2016 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I guess it's about time I review this little palette now that i've hit pan on 3 shades (Venus, Foxy, W.O.S.).

The packaging is compact and made of sturdy plastic. It has a soft silicone coated feel and tends to get dirty easily. The mirror takes up the entire lid and is good quality and clear. The lid snaps shut with a secure click. The hinges are sturdy. I've dropped it a few times and never had an issue with either the shadows or the container breaking so I would feel safe traveling with it. The shadows are smooth and consistent. The pigmentation is in the moderate range with a small amount of powdery kick up and some fallout on the deeper shades.

Venus is a shimmery off white and is beautiful for the inner corner or browbone. I suggest mixing with Foxy or Walk of Shame if you don't like a lot of shimmer. It also can be used for a face highlight, esp. for very fair people (like me) who have a hard time finding one light enough.

Foxy is a creamy pale yellow matte. Commonly used as an under eye "banana" type powder, lid color, to set primer, or as a matte highlight shade. It is slightly too yellow for me to use to set my primer or undereyes but I do like it mixed with Venus for my browbone.

Walk of Shame (W.O.S.) is a pink based cream. This is the first shade that I hit pan on and the main reason for me to repurchase. I use this to set my primer and it's a very close match to my skintone. I'll grab this palette just for this shade even if i'm using another palette.

Naked 2 is a cool/neutral toned light brown. Good for light brows on its own or light/medium when mixed with Faint. I mix it with Foxy or W.O.S. for a transition shade or use it by itself.

Faint is a warm/neutral leaning mid-toned brown. Good for deeping the crease and outer V. Also good for brows.

Crave is an almost black. Its a touch lighter than a standard black shadow with hints of brown and gray. I usually use this one as a shadow liner or to smudge on the lashline.

While this palette can be used on its own, you won't be able to get much variety from your looks. I pretty much always pull in another palette to use along with this one. They weren't joking with the name, it truely IS a basic palette.

Everyone has a palette that's missing "something". Wether its a browbone, base, transition, or crease shade, this palette will have what you need to complete your look.

This has been a go-to palette of mine since day 1. Very basic, (of course) warmer shades compared to the Naked Basics 2. These shadows are so soft and I regularly use Foxy to set my undereye area. This palette remains one of my favorites to this day. I also love the little mirror inside! It's just so. so. good.

on 4/13/2016 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I use this eyeshadow palette everyday for work. It stays on throughout the whole day, does not crease or fade at all. I usually put "W.O.S" on the lid, "Venus" on the brow-bone and inner eye corner, "Naked 2" in the crease as a build-up-shade and then "Faint" carefully on top of that. I finish off with "Crave" as eyeliner, so I basically use every shade except from the yellow tinted "Foxy".

It's not a cheap palette, but of course it is cheaper than the large Naked palettes (which i also own). I would still recommend it for people who usually don't spend much money on makeup. I bought it a long time ago, but the quality of the shades are just as good as back then. As I wrote, I use it everyday for work. You can also build up the shade and use it for parties and night-time.

The shadows feel very smooth on my lids, they does not have a scent and the pigmentation is crazy good. All of the shades except from "Venus" are matte shades. I believe they will look good on anyone, regardless of skintone, haircolor and color of the eyes, because they are so basic.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The Naked Basics Palette by Urban Decay is definitely a palette that I consider to be an essential in any makeup enthusiast, or minimalist's collection. The palette comes in sleek packaging which contains 6 shades; Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame (WOS), Naked 2, Faint, and Crave.

Venus: a neutral shimmery highlight.
Foxy: a matte pale yellow shade.
WOS: is a matte pale pink shade.
Naked 2: light-medium cool brown crease shade.
Faint: neutral medium brown shade.
Crave: shimmery black shade.

Obviously you can use the shades for any purpose, beyond what I listed. I bought this palette one and a half years ago at Sephora for around $32 CAD. In most cases, if you're looking for a stand alone palette with great versatility, this is absolutely not for you. What this palette serves best as is a "sidekick" to other palettes. All of the shades contained in this palette are essentials required for a complete, balanced eyeshadow look. In my experience, many palettes from both drugstore and high end brands are jam packed with gorgeous shades that serve as the focal point of the look which are typically very bright, bold, or shimmery colours. These shades can be crucial to achieving a breathtaking look but matte shades for the crease or lighter shades that help make brighter colours pop can sometimes be forgotten which is where this palette comes into play. The shades in this palette are all very neutral and help to elevate your look. If you want to wear a bright red or bronze shade, you can use Foxy or WOS in between primer and your desired shade to create a pale base to help that colour really make a statement. If you have darker skin, these shades can also serve as a matte highlight for the inner corner, under the brow bone or a little dab in the middle of the eyelid to make the eye look more round and open. For a very fair girl like myself, Foxy and WOS can initially seem like fairly useless shades since they are so close to my skin colour but when paired up with a bit of Naked 2 ran through the crease and some winged eyeliner, the subtle matte look is truly stunning and gives a very feminine pin up girl vibe. You can then add a tiny bit of Faint to the outer "V" to deepen the eye socket for more of a night time look while keeping the look matte. Venus isn't a particularly special shade but it is a nice neutral highlight shade which could complement the original Naked palette quite nicely where both of the highlight shades are pink toned. The only shade in this palette that I'm not a fan of is Crave; the shimmer in the black shade makes it hard to find a use for. I would use it to deeper the outer "V" but with hooded eyes, you typically want to avoid shades that will highlight your crease at all so it becomes a very awkward colour to work with. I think a matte black would have been a much better choice. Overall I think this palette is an excellent purchase. The shades in this palette complete any makeup look (especially when used alongside Urban Decay Naked!) and can provide you with a few fast and chic makeup looks on its own for lighter makeup days. The shades are buttery, highly pigmented and last all day without creasing when you use a primer. Highly recommended!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I had my eye on this for ages as it looked like the perfect nude palette. Eventually, I gave in and took the plunge.

Sadly the shadows are chalky, patchy and really awkward to blend - and I've tried loads of different primers and brushes. Bleurgh. It just looks muddy so it's not for me and I'll be passing the palette on to a friend with different colouring who might get on better with it.

On a positive note, the last three colours are useful for brows.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

YASSSSSS! Finally, some mattes! I love this warm-toned neutral naked palette. I love to mix these shades with the original Naked palette to get more daytime, matte looks that don't OD on shimmer. My one complaint is that the lightest shade in this palette is a leeeeeetle too yellow for my taste. Doesn't work great on my skin tone, but it's good for those with more warmth in their skin. Other than that, A+!

on 7/6/2015 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

i bought this palette because i really loved the naked2 basics, and i actually prefer the original now. i either use it on its own or in conjunction with other eyeshadows, and it's great for a very toned-down look, or for a smokey eye. i wouldn't use it every day, i like colours too much! but i enjoy it for those days when i want to play up other parts of my face and leaves the eyes almost bare but with a bit of definition. do recommend!