Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/28/2018 2:03:00 PM

Personally I like it, it’s convenient fits in my make up bag, very pigmented as is all the UD shadows

on 5/23/2018 10:09:00 AM

i realize this is an unpopular opinion, but gosh i really hate this palette.

i bought this so i would have a nice, small, basic palette that i could use for a simple eye look. unfortunately, i was really disappointed. the 3 lightest shades (venus, foxy, walk of shame) do not show up on my eyelids at all. i might as well be using a plain powder. naked 2, the 4th shade, barely shows up as well.
the two darker shades, faint and crave, definitely do show up, but blend patchy and uneven, and look dry and crusty on the eyelids.

as for positives, the packaging is really nice and convenient, and looks pretty and sleek, however i definitely wouldn't recommend this. the quality of the shadows is no better than a 5 dollar palette from the drugstore, and this was pretty expensive.

on 5/12/2018 11:16:00 PM

I use this for my brows and everyday natural eyeshadow look plus theres a black to use as liner. Its blendable and just a great palette for boring but classic looks. Travel friendly and super easy to use if youre a beginner like me. im not very good with eyeshadows but this makes it nice and quick to do a look for all occasions. i got this on sale for about 15$. i think the urban decay naked palettes has fell off the grid because there are so many other alternatives and brands that are coming out with new palettes. that is teh reason why i wouldnt repurchase. It is still very nice to have in the collection.

on 2/14/2018 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: excellent texture (creamy and smooth)
pigmented
blendable
Cons : except price (34CAD$ +) I cannot find any ...
The only reason I will not repurchase is because warmer tones suit me better, and this is rather cool tone.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I enjoyed this palette for the tones it offers. A great little travel palette. As a professional makeup artist however, I found that these shadows were quite crumbly and created quite a lot of fall-out, even after tapping off excess product multiple times. I think that the problem I find with most Urban Decay Eyeshadows, including the Naked 2 Palette that I also own, is that the formula is just too powdery and takes longer than it should to blend out. I didn't hate this palette but didn't love it either.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this for every day use. There is some major fall out and you have the build up the dark colors like the black but there is also a really pretty highlight shade for the brow bone and a soft cream shade to set any primer. This is perfect for those who want great, neutral colors that aren't too intense off the bat that way you can customize how you want your look. For the price and travel friendly packaging this is a staple for me.

It was one of my first eyeshadow palettes, bought it in 2013 and used religiously for a long time. I hit pan on three shades- Foxy, Naked and Faint. It's a very good beginner palette. The shadows blend nicely, you can create both subtle and dramatic eye look. They don't have a lot of fallout. But the pigmentation of two lightest shades could be better. I almost never used black shadow- to this day I avoid palettes with black or dark grey (I have very fair skin and can't really pull off intense smoky eye).
Now I'm a fan of bold, bright eyeshadows (hello, UD Electric) and if I go for neutrals I reach either for Too Faced Natural Matte or Zoeva Cocoa Blend. I neglected my Naked Basics palette... I just prefer other palettes over it.

I bought this palette when I was first starting with makeup. I was debating over this and the Naked 2 palette, and I opted for this because I didn't think I would need as many shades. I've been using this palette for some time now, and it's absolutely amazing!! The only problem I have with this is that it's hard to get Foxy and W.O.S to show up, even as a base color, and sometimes Naked 2, but then I have a medium-tan skin tone. The palette is also so versatile - I don't wear a lot of makeup to school but I almost always use Venus on the inner corners of my eyes (especially if I look like I absolutely no sleep the night before), Faint to fill in my eyebrows, and Crave as a soft liner under the eyes.

on 10/22/2016 10:43:00 PM

I recently received this palette by a good friend of mine, and I am so thankful. This is my first ever Urban Decay product and I feel in love. When I received it the mirror kept falling out. I don't know if this is because of what happened during shipping or what. Besides the packaging the pigmentation of the shadows is amazing! The size of the palette allows you to take it to places if you need too. This eyeshadow palette gives you the best neutral look without effort. I love that the black is a matte colour, which allows you to darken the crease. I used the colours Naked 2 and faint to give colour to my crease and I love how long it stayed throughout the day. If you want to experience the Naked series from Urban Decay, I recommend buying the Basics so you get an experience and make a decision yourself on whether you want to buy

on 8/9/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

so creamy, so buttery. very easy to blend. longlasting. all the colors in the palette are basic everyday colors so there is not 1 shadow in the palette you cannot use. love it. repurchasing.