Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/26/2016 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I originally bought this palette because I had not previously owned a Naked palette and wanted to see what the hype was about before committing to a larger purchase. I also ran out of my white/cream eyeshadows and needed that shade to help me transition and blend out darker looks... I'm not super pro with applying shadow, and having light shades helps me to clean up and blend out when something looks too dark.

These are great. The pigmentation is awesome and the shadow formula is creamy. I use Venus all the time on my brow bone and inner corner, and I love Foxy and W.O.S. for transitioning and fixing mistakes. There's not much fallout like you'd find with your drugstore shadows, and it's not hard to control where the colors are going. The best part though is that these shadows stay on all day without having to use primer. I absolutely love them, and especially Faint, which I use every day underneath my lower lashes. So pretty and worth the price!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I like the packaging and this would be a great travelling pallete if the eyeshadows all performed well. However I mostly use the last 2 shades and I find the first 3 shades to be quite chalky and not very long lasting. I wouldn't repurchase however I would buy the last 2 shades if they were sold individually

on 11/18/2015 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd never been tempted to splurge on an eyeshadow palette before, but I'm so glad I bit the bullet and bought the UD Naked Basic palette. I have pale skin, pale brows, warm skin tone and dark circles under my eyes that are hard to cover completely.... basically a nightmare combination, but some how this palette brings out the best in my eyes and is enormously flattering.
Firstly, the formula of these shadows is amazing - I only experience mild creasing after about 8 hours of wear (I use a Laura Mercier eyeshadow primer, as I have oily lids), and I can easily blend the creases out with my finger. They are buttery and easy to blend - however, the intensity of colour can really be amped up or down depending on what brushes you are using - for a natural daytime look, I'll use all the shades but apply the darker ones using a Laura Mercier Pony tail brush (for a sheer, lightweight coating of colour), and use an eyeliner brush to line my upper lash line and the corner of the lower lash line in the very darkest colour ('Crave'). The colours look very pale in the pan, but the sahde 'Flirt' is surprisingly intense on the skin, so do test them out first. The matte formula is comparable to Laura Mercier and Mac shadows, and far better than Bobbi Brown (which I find chalky and hard to blend).
Secondly, I've found using a palette has simplified the process of eye contouring - a concept I've always shied away from for various reasons (not knowing what shades to use or how to apply). A little online research and I'm now a lot more confident in applying shadows to make the most of my eye shape, as well as achieving definite make up 'looks'.
The only downside is that UD don't sell any of the colours as refills - I can imagine I will use some colour more than others, so instead of refilling the empty ones, I'll have to buy a whole new palette. Also, it would be a lot more eco friendly for the company to allow the palette case to be reused and refilled.
I'm keen to try the Becca Ombre Nudes palette next, and perhaps the Dior backstage eye reviver palette.
I'd say the palette is more neutral than warm but good for skins with yellow undertones, and the Basic 2 palette looks cooler and pinker (which would bring out my under eye shadows in not time).
This is the first time I've used Urban Decay products, and I'm very impressed - far superior quality than that of some pricier brands I have tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I adore urban decay palettes they were my first high end makeup palette and they never fail me they are my go to palettes. The basics palette in particular in one of my personal i love it for creating a simple everyday and as a added bonus all the shades are matte and very easy to use and super blendable. I am almost out of a few shades and i will not hesitate to repurchase them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I think I may be the only girl who doesn't like the Urban Decay NAKED Basics palette. It was expensive (about $30.00 in Canada) and the colour pay-off and staying power was awful for the price. I could've gotten the same quality from a drugstore brand and for cheaper. In my opinion it was NOT worth the money and I don't think I would repurchase any Urban Decay palettes again simply for the reason of how junky they seemed. Perhaps I got a dud? I'm not sure but I was not impressed. If you are looking for a higher quality eyeshadow palette I would highly recommend the LORAC Pro Palettes (I use the #1 palette) as they are amazing! This is drugstore quality at best.

on 7/12/2015 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Naked Basics is probably one of the best palettes Urban Decay has to offer. Why they don't focus on producing more matte shades is beyond me, because these aren't bad and work better than a lot of shimmers in the Urban Decay permanent line.

The palette itself is very sturdy and closes tightly. You don't have to worry about this one opening up without warning and getting all over everything in your purse or kit. It also comes with a mirror, though, it gets dirty after use.

Being that it is Urban Decay, there is a shimmer shade in Venus, but it's light enough and in my experience, does not produce any fall out. It's particularly good for applying to the inner eyes to brighten and widen, especially for those of us with eyes that are close together. It does a solid enough job of that.

The two "nude" shades of Foxy and W.O.S. are nice, as it provides options for both pink undertones and yellow undertones, and are versatile enough to be used on either skintone. The pigmentation on W.O.S. was a little more difficult for me to work with than Foxy (which I also used to set concealer as it worked very well with my skintone.)

Naked2 is a lovely crease shade and probably the color I used the most. It's neutral and again, works for both skin tones nicely.

Faint is probably the best pigmented of the bunch and works well as either crease (especially for cut-creases) and outer v deepening.

Crave is my least favorite in the palette for several reasons: one, it's not pigmented well. As a black shade, it's not a true black (it tends to lean more charcoal/slightly gray) and is difficult to work with. As another reviewer suggested, this palette would be so much better had they removed the black shade and substituted with a darker brown.

The palette itself is probably the one I would recommend for anyone looking to upgrade and start a middle-to-high end collection of makeup. It's a great workhorse palette. I did not experience fall-out with it, but I also tend to take a lighter hand with eyeshadows in general and always tap my brush before applying. I would advise not getting the eyeshadows wet, as if you do spray water onto your brush and have to dip back in for more, the shadows do not take well to being wetted and the colors in the pan "warp" a bit.

I did not have the issue of the eyeshadows becoming muddied, though, it may fade in pigmentation throughout the day if you don't wear a good base or primer. I would also question how this would fare on darker skintones, seeing as how some of the colors appeared ashy on <NC15 skin (W.O.S.). I do not intend on repurchasing it as while it's not the worst product, it's not a product I have a need for in my collection. I would rather invest the money on an individual palette and pick all colors that work for me, but for an individual palette, this is a solid choice.

Pros:

- Great neutral matte formula
- No fall-out
- Offers nude shades for both yellow and pink undertones
- Great multi-tasking product (I used Foxy to set my concealer, for example)
- Sturdy packaging that would hold up in traveling
- (For those that like it), does contain one shimmer shade

Cons:

- Pigmentation can fade throughout the day if not primed/applied to base
- May not work well on POCs
- Crave has mediocre pigmentation and would work better with a dark brown shade
- (For those looking for one), it is not an all-matte palette; does contain a shimmer shade
- Do not take to being wet very well in the pan

on 7/3/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't like the 3 Nakeds, but I really love the Naked Basics. This palette is really great if you just want a simple neutral eye. You can create a gorgeous smokey eye if you want also. It's easy to lighten or deepen the look. You can also leave it matte, or make it shimmery. This is also a great travel palette, being that it is so small and versatile (day to night looks, specifically). I would recommend this for beginners also. The only downside is probably the packaging because for some reason the shadows break easily. When I finish some of the shades in the palette, I will probably repurchase because the black shade broke entirely in the one I have now.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Unreal pigmentation, fantastic glide on with a good brush, brilliant staying power even without a primer, brilliant blend ability and sleek packaging.

on 3/20/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this palette because I don't have to feel like I am wasting the other shades I do not use. In the basics palette, i use 4 colors. Pretty much every color except the black. (because I am typically not an out there makeup person) But overall I love all the colors in this palette! I would totally recommend this to anyone who wants a simple palette without paying a ton:)
One concern I do have is Venus is very chalky in my palette. It tends to go everywhere when I use it.

I like these shadows but they are all really basic. Nothing exciting. I do think venus is great for the brow bones and w.o.s is great as a base shade but the rest are just alright for me.