Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I bought this palette when I was first starting with makeup. I was debating over this and the Naked 2 palette, and I opted for this because I didn't think I would need as many shades. I've been using this palette for some time now, and it's absolutely amazing!! The only problem I have with this is that it's hard to get Foxy and W.O.S to show up, even as a base color, and sometimes Naked 2, but then I have a medium-tan skin tone. The palette is also so versatile - I don't wear a lot of makeup to school but I almost always use Venus on the inner corners of my eyes (especially if I look like I absolutely no sleep the night before), Faint to fill in my eyebrows, and Crave as a soft liner under the eyes.

on 10/22/2016 10:43:00 PM

I recently received this palette by a good friend of mine, and I am so thankful. This is my first ever Urban Decay product and I feel in love. When I received it the mirror kept falling out. I don't know if this is because of what happened during shipping or what. Besides the packaging the pigmentation of the shadows is amazing! The size of the palette allows you to take it to places if you need too. This eyeshadow palette gives you the best neutral look without effort. I love that the black is a matte colour, which allows you to darken the crease. I used the colours Naked 2 and faint to give colour to my crease and I love how long it stayed throughout the day. If you want to experience the Naked series from Urban Decay, I recommend buying the Basics so you get an experience and make a decision yourself on whether you want to buy

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My friend bought this palette for me on my birthday since I am a big fan of urban decay shadows (I own naked 1 and 2). This palette does not disappoint. The pigmentation is smooth and lasts all day with my NYX HD primer underneath (although I believe it's being discontinued, not quite sure). When I first got it, I used to wear it on the daily to work and school but I did stop because I thought most of my looks looked the same. The only con I have with this palette is that the shade "foxy" is terrible to work with. It's chalky and difficult to blend with. Other than that, it's a great neutral palette for everyday and the packaging is sturdy and compact.

Update: I do find some of the darker shades a bit patchy to blend out, and that's why I knocked down a lippie.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This pallet is sure a must-have. Colors, pigmentation and the application is excellent.
Only if there were more product in one layer in termes of the weight, my only concern is consuming the bright shades fast.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Unreal pigmentation, fantastic glide on with a good brush, brilliant staying power even without a primer, brilliant blend ability and sleek packaging.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good basic palette i use it for a natural everyday look or paired with my single eyeshadows as it gives all the basic shading colors.

Its not crazy pigmented but its good pigmentation and its easy to work with.

A great small sized palette that is easy to travel with too.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Honestly, I've used drugstore eyeshadows better than this. I usually don't wear eyeshadow, but do every now and then when I'm bored and have extra time to get ready, or want to look extra nice for a dinner/event or for whatever reason. My main problem with this was the fallout. It was ridiculous, and made a huge mess. It was rather chalky too, making it difficult to blend seamlessly. If I wear eyeshadow, I want it to look great. This stuff had great reviews online and on YouTube. I've even seen girls use tutorials using this and it looks great ? I have good makeup brushes and everything, so I know that can't be the problem. Maybe I got a bad one ? Lol but when other people describe this palette im like, "are we talking about the same product !?" because this stuff is dry, chalky, and a total mess to use. The fallout is just so wasteful. It's a shame, because I love the concept of this palette, and I love other urban decay eyeshadows ? Just wasn't a hit for me. You can't go wrong with the urban decay naked palette, though. If you're looking for a great nude eyeshadow palette go for the naked or naked 2 palette.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

An essential and compact matte palette for all! Each shadow is so buttery and smooth, and the colours are gorgeous. Definitely a must have staple. I have been using this heavily for over a year and still haven't hit pan on any of the shades. Only downside would be the price- I payed about $45 AUD for this, which is kinda sad when I look at US prices :(

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was a bit skeptical about buying this palette. As I have the other Naked palettes and thought after buying the others what does this palette offer that I have not already got... Well I was glad I did buy it! as now I go for this one before any of the other palettes! The finish on these shadows are amazing! Smooth, flawless and highly pigmented! You have 2 base colours which are great if you want a natural flawless look. A highlighter for under your brows. Then 2 Browns, 1 light brown great for day, a dark brown great for night. And a black which I use for a liner! The only thing i must add is they don't seem to last throughout the day. If applied in the morning you would have to re apply in the evening if your going out. But on saying that I cannot fault it and I love them! I have bought these for a friend for xmas as well! They are all matte apart from the highlighter so a different look completely compared to the other nakeds.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm sorry for bringing this palette down but it really was a miss for me. This palette leans more cool than warm. The browns in this palette swatch very gray toned for me. Yes, they do come across brown but it leans more cool than it does warm. If you are into cool toned eyeshadows then this palette is perfect for you gals. But I tend to buy eyeshadows that lean more warm brown/neutrals than anything else. I wish this palette would take out the ugly gray browns and put some warm browns instead. Then OMG this palette would've rocked it for me...but sadly it was a return.