Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/20/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I really loved this palette at the beginning but now I’m undecided. The colours are a good accompaniment for my naked 1 and 2 but are also lovely to use by themselves. However, I tried them on a friend who has black hair, blue eyes and very pale skin and they totally washed her out. I mean, they barely showed up. I don’t think naked basics flatters every skin tone/eye colour. My main problem is that ‘faint’ and ‘crave’ broke while travelling. I thought the palette was durable enough to carry in my handbag everyday but boy was I wrong. The two shadows that broke managed to escape where the hinge meets and the inside of my bag and its contents were covered in a brown/black powder. I’m very disappointed as these were two of my favourite colours.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Not a bad product persay, but after getting over the hype it's just meeeh to me. Quality of the shadows is pretty nice, in regards to blending and pigmentation. When I tap my brush on it though, a lot of product becomes loose, more than I need. Not really a big deal. My gripe with this is the assortment of shadows. I really only use Naked 2, faint, and sometimes Walk of Shame. I have enough blacks, and Foxy is in my Naked 2. Also, it's really hard to open.

I don't regret buying it, but if it ran out, I would just find a MAC eyeshadow similar to naked2.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE this palette! I really like matt finish eye shadows so the idea of this palette instantly had my attention and it lives up to the hype.
The colours are very blendable and stay in place all day with an eye shadow primer. They create a great look for both day and night, I use this palette when I know I'm working that day and I often get compliments on my eye make-up.
The only downside of the product is I find the palette slightly hard to open.

Video Reviews & Tutorials