Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I adore urban decay palettes they were my first high end makeup palette and they never fail me they are my go to palettes. The basics palette in particular in one of my personal i love it for creating a simple everyday and as a added bonus all the shades are matte and very easy to use and super blendable. I am almost out of a few shades and i will not hesitate to repurchase them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you're interested in buying one of the naked palettes but not sure of the price, I'd recommend trying out this palette so you can test for yourself whether you think the quality of the eyeshadow is worth it!
This palette does what it says on the tin - it's 6 basic and very versatile shades of eyeshadow. It's ideal for if you're going on holiday/away for a weekend and don't want to be packing loads of makeup. As well as them being used as eyeshadows, they can also have other uses - for example, Naked 2 is a great shade for filling in my brows, and I can use a bit Crave or Faint to line my eyes. Would definitely recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this palette. I bought it because I love the texture of the matte shadows in the Naked2 and thought this would be a win. Unfortunately I have discovered that wearing all neutral eyeshadow isn't something I like doing. For that reason, I won't repurchase this palette. But the shadows themselves are amazing. And I know you're supposed to use this palette along with other shadows but I prefer to spend as little time possible and wear as little product as possible. On a high note, I have found that the Naked 2 shade is the perfect shade for me to fill in my dusty blonde eyebrows, so I do use it everyday for that. I also use the shade venus for a highlight shade quite a bit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really do like this product. As usual with UD eye shadows, the powders are pigmented and easy to blend. I do always get quite a bit of fallout with these shadows though, even after tapping my brush. However, despite all of the neutral eye shadows in the drugstore, I would repurchase this for the quality - drugstore (aside from Wet n Wild, but their most neutral palettes tend to just be trios) shadows can't compare.
For being "basic" this palette is quite versatile. You can do a barely-there look, a neutral look, a smoky look, etc. This is my go-to.
I will say, the UD Naked Basics 2 has a better shade selection, IMO. I personally never use Foxy or WOS.
All in all, a great palette with so many different looks waiting to be created from it!

on 3/30/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i love mattes and i love neutrals - this is the perfect combo! all of these shades work very well together but the shade i use the most is definitely WOS for when i'm too lazy to do a eyeshadow look but i still want my lids to look awake. i wish UD sold WOS as a single, though. :( but, these are still some very nice pigmented eyeshadows. i've had no problems blending them with a base color underneath.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Honestly, I've had this product for a while and even though these are all neutral colours, I just can't seem to make them work for me. The colours all look ruddy on me and they're also very boring. Not worth any of the hype whatsoever.

on 11/12/2014 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is really nice to have because it contains a nice array of nude matte shadows to use for any eye shadow look, one of which happens to pretty much match my skin tone exactly. I'm glad that it includes black, because as some of the other reviewers have mentioned, a good matte black shadow is hard to come by. The only thing about this palette is that sometimes the eye shadows can be a bit on the powdery side, but they still blend with other shadows nicely. I think this is a great staple for anyone who wears eye shadow frequently.

on 11/11/2014 12:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to eyeshadow palette when I can't think of what else to do with my eye makeup. It has 6 eyeshadows, all of which are matte except for one which is a satin. The case is small so it travels well. The name really tells all, this is an eyeshadow palette with some basic colors. But they are colors you cannot live without. You get three light tones: a satin ivory brow highlighter, a bone color, and a pale pink-toned color. And you get three browns: a light taupe brown, a medium neutral brown, and a black brown. If you like to go very classic with your eye makeup, this will be your best friend. I use this for my work makeup almost everyday. The light brown in this palette is easily my favorite. You can really get a variety of looks with just these six colors, all of which are very pigmented and blend beautifully. The darkest shade also works well as a liner when used wet. I will continue to repurchase this again and again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my first Urban Decay eyeshadow palette & I'm in love! The colors are smooth & blend well, & I love how they look in general. I'll definitely be buying this again if I run out (which I hope I don't soon). If you're considering this, get it!! It's an all around wonderful palette.

on 1/8/2014 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was tempted to buy the full size of the two other ones but knew that I would have never used all this colours. So at the end I decided to buy this mini palette and it turned out to be the best choice I could make. I am the kind of person who prefers the nude looks and this is simply perfect. I use it every day, try to mix the colours among themselves. It is perfect if you want to do some smokey eyes without exagerating (I rarely use the darker colour).
The size of the palette is perfect you can easily bring it in your make-up trousse.
I am quite sure I would buy it again.