Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/7/2017 1:43:00 PM

I just purchased my second Naked Basic -- in the last week, I've hit pan on Faint, Naked 2, WOS, and will hit it on Foxy soon -- I'll bust into the second one when I use up those four shade, so I felt it was appropriate to finally review this thing.

I don't necessarily care for Venus (the shimmer shade), because I love an all-matte look, but I can use it as a face highlight -- I have warm-toned fair skin.

Naked Basics is perfect for everyday use, as well as for travel. I can do any neutral look that I want and I can use a little bit of Faint(brown) to fill in my eyebrows.

I usually set my primer with Foxy, use Naked 2 as a transition, crave in the crease, and then apply WOS on the lid for some brightening. I will also take this to an evening look using a small amount of the black (crave) into the crease.

IMO, the only drawback to this palette is that most of the colors wouldn't necessarily show up on deeper skin toes.

It was $29, when I repurchased; I think it was $27 when I got it in 2013. I've spent way too much money on so many eyeshadows over the last five years, but I ALWAYS go back to this palette.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this for every day use. There is some major fall out and you have the build up the dark colors like the black but there is also a really pretty highlight shade for the brow bone and a soft cream shade to set any primer. This is perfect for those who want great, neutral colors that aren't too intense off the bat that way you can customize how you want your look. For the price and travel friendly packaging this is a staple for me.

It was one of my first eyeshadow palettes, bought it in 2013 and used religiously for a long time. I hit pan on three shades- Foxy, Naked and Faint. It's a very good beginner palette. The shadows blend nicely, you can create both subtle and dramatic eye look. They don't have a lot of fallout. But the pigmentation of two lightest shades could be better. I almost never used black shadow- to this day I avoid palettes with black or dark grey (I have very fair skin and can't really pull off intense smoky eye).
Now I'm a fan of bold, bright eyeshadows (hello, UD Electric) and if I go for neutrals I reach either for Too Faced Natural Matte or Zoeva Cocoa Blend. I neglected my Naked Basics palette... I just prefer other palettes over it.

on 3/4/2017 12:03:00 AM

5 stars for this. Absolutely LOVE this palette. I've had it for a few years and no matter which new palettes I pick up, I always go back to this. It's a perfect size for traveling and the neutrals are so easy to use. The only thing I dislike is the packaging. The case is some type of matte rubber (similar to NARS) and it collects so much eyeshadow/dust. I'm considering depotting it into something else so my hands don't get eyeshadow on them every time I use it. Other than that, I don't mind the price (it's worth it!), and I will definitely repurchase when I'm done. I've already hit pan on W.O.S. and I will hit pan on Naked2 soon.

This has been a go-to palette of mine since day 1. Very basic, (of course) warmer shades compared to the Naked Basics 2. These shadows are so soft and I regularly use Foxy to set my undereye area. This palette remains one of my favorites to this day. I also love the little mirror inside! It's just so. so. good.

on 8/9/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

so creamy, so buttery. very easy to blend. longlasting. all the colors in the palette are basic everyday colors so there is not 1 shadow in the palette you cannot use. love it. repurchasing.

I find this palette a little bit too cool for me, and the Naked2 Basics a little too warm - go figure. I actually mix and match both palettes quite often. The case is a nice size for travel.

Generally speaking, I like the selection of colours but feel the lightest few are too similar. I find this shadow a touch chalky and lots of fallout with a brush but works wonderfully with fingers (blends better and is longer lasting with fingers). I find the white a bit glittery.

Love the greyish/taupe and dark brown for filling in eyebrows more than any eyebrow product.

on 1/29/2016 10:51:00 PM

Good supplement palette but unnecessary to one's eyeshadow collection. The shades are chalky and sheer. I would much rather invest in a different palette.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My friend bought this palette for me on my birthday since I am a big fan of urban decay shadows (I own naked 1 and 2). This palette does not disappoint. The pigmentation is smooth and lasts all day with my NYX HD primer underneath (although I believe it's being discontinued, not quite sure). When I first got it, I used to wear it on the daily to work and school but I did stop because I thought most of my looks looked the same. The only con I have with this palette is that the shade "foxy" is terrible to work with. It's chalky and difficult to blend with. Other than that, it's a great neutral palette for everyday and the packaging is sturdy and compact.

Update: I do find some of the darker shades a bit patchy to blend out, and that's why I knocked down a lippie.

on 1/22/2016 4:34:00 PM

I've had this palette for a few years and use it almost everyday for the shade "naked 2". It's a perfect crease shade for me.It's an awesome matte cool light brown with almost a grey undertone. I used to use foxy everyday as a brow highlight, but unfortunately it broke. I haven't hit pan, yet, on naked 2 but there is definitely a dent. I don't really use any of the other shades that much but it's nice to know I have a black, pink and yellowish ivory matte if I needed it for a look. I really wish naked 2 was available in a single so I could purchase it alone when I run out but I honestly love it so much that when i do run out of it, i'll probably buy another full palette just for the one color. I like the color of the packaging and the size is pretty cute, although sometimes I have a hard time finding it in my stash. Also, the clasp SUCKS. I can't even close it all of the way or it will take me 10 minutes to get it open the next time I go to use it.