Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by hair type : Other
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just want to start out by saying that I love this palette. This was my first high end eyeshadow palette and for 15 year old me, it was a really big deal. I think that this palette is very travel friendly, beginner friendly and versatile. This palette has been in my makeup bag for every trip I've been on since buying it and I know it won't break in my bag because the packaging is secure, small and sturdy. I use venus, foxy, wos and naked 2 all the time and the dark colors are just good, essential colors that are in almost every single palette. I think this palette can be used in many different ways and it is just a staple item in my makeup collection.

on 11/9/2015 12:55:00 AM

My first experience using this palette fell flat. I didn't get the wowzers experience from a company that has been getting raves for years about the Naked line. It didn't take me long to come around to a more minimalist mindset on beauty, however, as I've been longing for the effortlessness of French actresses like Marion Cotillard and fashion editors like Emmanuelle Alt.

Now I use this palette everyday. Foxy and W.O.S I use to even out the complexion on my eyes, and then Naked 2 gets buffed into the crease to create a barely-there shadow. Then it's a little mascara and I'm out the door. I think my current minimalist eyeshadow routine may be more to humor a girl whose used to a more elaborate eye design, because really... no one can tell the difference. Except me, and that's all that matters. ;)

For a night out, I like to use the darker eyeshadows to add depth. But all matte is still boring as f*** so I always have a shimmer/satin shadow to layer over the look. Clinique CSD is my go-to.

The colours are basic, but the quality and payoff are incredible. I love the sleek packaging.
I have been using this daily since I got it, and have gained a new found appreciation for natural smokey eyes.
Highly recommend

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this palette! I am definitely someone who loves neutral and natural eyeshadow and this is the perfect palette for that!
I own the original naked palette and while I still love that, I felt like it could have done with more matte shades, and this is where this palette comes in. All but on shade (the lightest) is matte.

I'm very fair skinned and I love how all the shades look. The pigmentation is pretty amazing, especially in the 2 darker shades, I find them pretty easy to blend and work with.

The packaging is amazing. It's sleek and compact with a fairly decent size mirror. The colours are by no means original or amazing, but having them all together in such a handy palette is the main reason I love this and reach for it pretty much everyday.

100% would recommend

on 12/25/2014 9:30:00 PM

I like this product a lot. I use it almost every day. It had nurturel colors in it. And Venus I use the most. I like this product

on 11/12/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! when choosing to decide whether to buy this product or a cheaper MUA version or a more expensive two faced version its a no brainer! this product can easily transform your look from daytime to night-time with its neutral and dark shadows. I most commonly use W.O.S on my lid and naked two in my crease with faint in my outer v. i will definatley be purchasing the naked basics palette. you may think its expensive but considering the quality is totally worth it!

on 8/29/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I'm a neutral kind of girl, and this palette is by far my favourite out of all the ones I have so far. The eyeshadows are smooth, the colours are great and they show up nicely. They also stay on all day, even if I don't use an eyeshadow primer. It's also small enough to place into a travel bag. I love this palette and I would recommend this to any new makeup users out there!

on 8/16/2014 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This palette is the greatest answer to all those shimmer/glittery eyeshadow palettes that need moe depth in their looks. Looks great on my NC42 skin tone. Can't wait for Basics 2 at the end of the month!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This palette has its place and is not a bad thing, it just may not be the best thing, particularly for people of color. I find that I have to put in a little more work with this to pull off these shades, like using a white base/eye primer. It is truly a Naked "basic" palette. If you work a conservative gig or just want to use some really conservative colors, this palette would suit you well. I am a fan of UD across the board but, in hindsight, I could have left this one in the store. I rarely reach for it.

on 7/15/2014 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm thinking about returning this for a number of reasons. First, it's boring. I figured that would be a good thing and I could use it for travel, but it's just... so... dull. I never know what to do with it so I end up with the same eye look every time I use it. Second, the lightest shade is far too yellow for my skin tone which is extremely frustrating. Third, the colors don't blend well on my lids even after trying multiple primers. Fourth and last, the smell is god-awful. Mine smells of cat pee and it's just disgusting, especially when you're using the mirror that comes in the compact.
This palette is just too expensive for me to justify so I think I'll probably return it.