Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this for every day use. There is some major fall out and you have the build up the dark colors like the black but there is also a really pretty highlight shade for the brow bone and a soft cream shade to set any primer. This is perfect for those who want great, neutral colors that aren't too intense off the bat that way you can customize how you want your look. For the price and travel friendly packaging this is a staple for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like most palettes, I find myself using only some of the shades, and completely ignoring others. I don't use the far right-hand black shade. I don't wear black well, so this one has never been touched. But, I love the first 4 shades from left to right. The first 3 are good basic highlight and lid shades (the far left being shimmery and the other 3 are flat matte), and the 4th I use as a transition shade around my crease. The 5th brown color is unimpressive to me. The formula is highly pigmented, blends well, is buildable and holds up well throughout the day. I would not repurchase simply because I don't use the entire palette and I can find similar shades/dupes in singles for about the same price.

on 3/3/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a must have eyeshadow palette!!!! Spectacular colors. Maybe look boring, but this is the basis for so many eyeshadow looks

This is the perfect All-in-1 travel eyeshadow palette for me. It's only missing a brush, but what are fingers for if you wash them before using, eh? You can create looks for office or clubbing, it's up to you what such a tiny palette can do. The shades have a medium pigmentation, but you can build them with layers, of course. A good point is you get mainly matte shades (except for the first one which represents a highlighter shade) and not a single shimmer shade. Plus, it's compact enough for traveling and you can skip your contour products, too. Just use the highlighter shade and a brown shade from this palette and you're ready to go. Oh wait, don't forget to try one shade for filling your eyebrows. Thank you, Urban Decay. I'd never thought that I would love a basic eyeshadow palette.

This has been a go-to palette of mine since day 1. Very basic, (of course) warmer shades compared to the Naked Basics 2. These shadows are so soft and I regularly use Foxy to set my undereye area. This palette remains one of my favorites to this day. I also love the little mirror inside! It's just so. so. good.

on 8/9/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

so creamy, so buttery. very easy to blend. longlasting. all the colors in the palette are basic everyday colors so there is not 1 shadow in the palette you cannot use. love it. repurchasing.

on 4/13/2016 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I use this eyeshadow palette everyday for work. It stays on throughout the whole day, does not crease or fade at all. I usually put "W.O.S" on the lid, "Venus" on the brow-bone and inner eye corner, "Naked 2" in the crease as a build-up-shade and then "Faint" carefully on top of that. I finish off with "Crave" as eyeliner, so I basically use every shade except from the yellow tinted "Foxy".

It's not a cheap palette, but of course it is cheaper than the large Naked palettes (which i also own). I would still recommend it for people who usually don't spend much money on makeup. I bought it a long time ago, but the quality of the shades are just as good as back then. As I wrote, I use it everyday for work. You can also build up the shade and use it for parties and night-time.

The shadows feel very smooth on my lids, they does not have a scent and the pigmentation is crazy good. All of the shades except from "Venus" are matte shades. I believe they will look good on anyone, regardless of skintone, haircolor and color of the eyes, because they are so basic.

on 4/3/2016 1:43:00 PM

I bought this in the hope of that I'll have a compact palette for workdays.
When swatched, it looks very nice and pigmented. On my eyelids it was very different. The Foxy and WOS didn't give a good coverage(with UD primer).
IT DRIED MY LIDS OUT. I haven't read this anywhere in any review. It was because of this I'm not using it at all.
The shimmery shade is too light and boring.
The palette overall looks a bit grey on me. I'm olive toned NC25.
If I want a good base I go with Wet n wild Greed palette's top left shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just want to start out by saying that I love this palette. This was my first high end eyeshadow palette and for 15 year old me, it was a really big deal. I think that this palette is very travel friendly, beginner friendly and versatile. This palette has been in my makeup bag for every trip I've been on since buying it and I know it won't break in my bag because the packaging is secure, small and sturdy. I use venus, foxy, wos and naked 2 all the time and the dark colors are just good, essential colors that are in almost every single palette. I think this palette can be used in many different ways and it is just a staple item in my makeup collection.

This is an amazing neutral and matte eyeshadow palette. I used to use this to work for a whole year and I love it. The quality is amazing and the color selection is great beauce it is a straight neutral, and you can also get some smokey looks. There are every shade you need to compose a great neutral or smokey look. If you a neutral lover or is looking for a neutral look for work, school...this is for you!