Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like most palettes, I find myself using only some of the shades, and completely ignoring others. I don't use the far right-hand black shade. I don't wear black well, so this one has never been touched. But, I love the first 4 shades from left to right. The first 3 are good basic highlight and lid shades (the far left being shimmery and the other 3 are flat matte), and the 4th I use as a transition shade around my crease. The 5th brown color is unimpressive to me. The formula is highly pigmented, blends well, is buildable and holds up well throughout the day. I would not repurchase simply because I don't use the entire palette and I can find similar shades/dupes in singles for about the same price.

on 4/25/2017 9:31:00 AM

This was my first high end eyeshadow palette, and although I've used and still using it A LOT (that's why I would probably repurchase it), I totally HATE THE FALL OUT!!!!
I was so excited because it was my first UD Naked palette, so high end, so hyped, so "if you're a beginner you NEED THIS",... And then I always have to start with my eye makeup because of how much product falls on my face!!! I have a Make Up Revolution palette (the white chocolate one) and it doesn't have any fall out, I thought UD eyeshadows would be so much better!

Because of this I'm afraid of buying another Naked palette. I've heard Too Faced palettes have less fall out and they're cheaper than UD so... Maybe I'll look for them instead!

on 8/9/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

so creamy, so buttery. very easy to blend. longlasting. all the colors in the palette are basic everyday colors so there is not 1 shadow in the palette you cannot use. love it. repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I like the packaging and this would be a great travelling pallete if the eyeshadows all performed well. However I mostly use the last 2 shades and I find the first 3 shades to be quite chalky and not very long lasting. I wouldn't repurchase however I would buy the last 2 shades if they were sold individually

on 6/27/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I decided I wanted to try matte shadows, but didn't like the drugstore ones I bought (much too chalky). After testing I store and feeling how buttery these are, I decided to splurge. It has been worth it. I can create so many looks with this. The one color I never seem to touch is crave (black shade) unless I'm using it as a liner. I use the other colors frequently. Foxy is a great brow color, WOS a good barely there lid color, naked2 a good lid color or barely there crease color, and faint a good crease color or liner color. Venus is good for adding some light shimmer to the inner corners of the eye, brow highlight, or even as a blending color over the lid to add a bit of cool brightness. I do think I'd look into the naked basics 2 before repurchasing this, but I'll have one on hand from now on. I find all colors to have a purpose of some sort, but wish the black was a chocolate brown shade instead, which is why I took a lippie off. This palette can create so many looks and can be mixed with others to get even more looks. This travels well and has yet to show any signs of chipping or breaking for me. It is also compact, another plus for traveling. Overall, I recommend and will not be without a naked basics palette in my makeup arsenal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a fan of the natural look that was popular when I was young and first wearing makeup. Not only does this palette deliver that look, it does so while being kind to the older eyes of someone born during the Eisenhower administration. I first discovered this after experimenting with my 22 yr old's palette one day and quickly decided I needed one for myself. Naked2 in this palette is an amazing light taupey shade which is perfection for use in the crease if you are fair and want just a bit of definition. Foxy is a great light base color for me tho it has a bit too much sheen so I layer it over my LM Vanilla Nuts.

on 3/20/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this palette because I don't have to feel like I am wasting the other shades I do not use. In the basics palette, i use 4 colors. Pretty much every color except the black. (because I am typically not an out there makeup person) But overall I love all the colors in this palette! I would totally recommend this to anyone who wants a simple palette without paying a ton:)
One concern I do have is Venus is very chalky in my palette. It tends to go everywhere when I use it.

on 1/23/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I waited so long to buy UD's Naked Basics-I'm probably the last one on the block to try them out! This is my 1st experience with UD's eye shadows and now I understand why they are so highly regarded. They are very creamy, have high color pay-off, low-to-no fall-out and most colors seem highly pigmented. I think I've avoided UD eye shadows up until now because the majority of them seem to be saturated w/ sparkle, frost, glitter, metalics, sheen and/or shine and I personally prefer matte or a soft lustre finish on my 45+ year old eyes. I think this is a gorgeous set of eye shadows and I love the packaging. I will not repurchase because I find the colors at tad too cool toned/neutral for my personal taste but I can understand why so many people love this palette and UD eye shadows in general.

on 1/4/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow! I didnt want the normal naked because its soooo glittery. So i got this for xmas and have used it every day

on 12/29/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
good for every day
nice neutral, matte shades
Giant mirror is very convenient
Lightweight case

Cons:
Expensive for only a few colors
Some shades are too light for fair skin

Personally, i love this and i might buy one again or the newer naked 2 basics