Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this for every day use. There is some major fall out and you have the build up the dark colors like the black but there is also a really pretty highlight shade for the brow bone and a soft cream shade to set any primer. This is perfect for those who want great, neutral colors that aren't too intense off the bat that way you can customize how you want your look. For the price and travel friendly packaging this is a staple for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This palette is PERFECT for everyday use! I would say that my favorite color here is the "Naked 2" because it's practically gone! It contains all your basic necessary colors and of course the shadows itself are the best quality!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I own UD Basics 1 & 2, & Nakeds3; they are all truly awesome!! For the price of USD$29 getting 6 very finely milled beautiful shadows is a bargain!! I am working on getting Nakeds 1 & 2 & Nakeds On The Run, maybe Santa this year or else if not imma def buy them for myself!! I love making smoked out eyes w Basics1, the dark black color is lovely for using over eyeliner to make it extra smokey & all of the shades coordinate together so nicely! The texture is to die for, buttery soft & long lasting, easy to blend. I bought 3 different dupes (2 of which being from Coastal Scents & the other a no name 1 from kmart) & tbh I never use them, the money would have been better spent putting towards another UD palette. Don't get the dupes, they aren't the same. You may be able to get similar looks w the dupes (coz any1 who is really skilled/talented w makeup can make dollar store items look decent!), but to me they just aren't the same. There is just something luxurious & special about Nakeds in general, I am addicted!! I find myself reaching for the UD palettes most often. I am a hard core devotée!! You can do just about anything w them from light eye to smoked all out & looks the best paired w a nude lip color to my eye, but u can also pull off a brick red or something like MAC Brave/Velvet Teddy/Satin Taupe. I've also paired it w Barbie pink for good results, so I think whatever lip color you are most comfortable in u can rock Basics1 with it. Conservative enough for school/office but can be so smoked out for going out to a club/concert/party/soirée. You can dress if up or down as much as u want! I wish they had put a little slot w a brush in there, that's about my only complaint! I love me some UD!!

on 7/24/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love it. I use it every day.

Packaging is sleek and tight and not matte. I use mirror for all my makeup routine as it opens wide all the way (not like hourglass ambient light palette). There's lots of product it it. Use it, close it, forget about it till the next time.

Eyeshadow quality is outstanding: highly pigmented, blends like heaven, applies smoothly and does not fall off of the brush even with the fluffiest brush. Can be applied wet (has the same color intensity as applied dry (!)). You get exaclty the color you see. Staying power is also very good. I have very oily eyelids and it does need a touch up during the day as all eteshadows do, so no miracles here.

Overall I am glad that I bought it. I use it for my eyes as well as for countouring and for my brows all the time. It's my go to palette. If you're looking for high quality product in excellent packaging for a reasonable price take Naked Basics!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my first Urban Decay eyeshadow palette & I'm in love! The colors are smooth & blend well, & I love how they look in general. I'll definitely be buying this again if I run out (which I hope I don't soon). If you're considering this, get it!! It's an all around wonderful palette.

on 2/22/2014 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Color reference: I am Bourjois 51, Bobbi Brown 02 Sand (but less orange)

What I like about this palette: the size, which I find to be very convenient both for traveling and storage, the colors, which are matte, fairly pigmented and neutral - perfect for an every day no-make up look, the color diversity, because it starts with a highlight 'Venus' and ends with a true black 'Crave' (though I have too much blacks in my stash that I don't use; I'm more or a black gel eyeliner type) shade , the feel of the palette, which is luxurious (rubberized plastic)....

What I don't like about this palette is that 'Foxy' and 'WOS' are too similar on lid and not overly pigmented, both to make a nice all over lid base and to even out the color of your lid skin. I wish they were more different - I like 'WOS' more though I'm yellow undertoned - and obviously, more pigmented.

Though I don't get a lot of use of 'Foxy' or 'Crave', I find that the palette is worth the investment, since the allover pigmentation is more than decent, the palette is sturdy and all matte (except 'Venus'). It is my go to palette when I'm outta time and when I travel. I have too many metallic and shimmer palettes and this one is a nice change.
I have a second one, unopened, which tells you enough how much I like the palette overall!

on 12/16/2013 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Giving this product top marks as there is nothing I don't like about it! Packaging is perfect, great for travelling, great mirror. Great mix of neutral shades, can be used for a natural daytime look or a dramatic night time look and anything in between. Very versatile and very fairly priced!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I know I'll be in the minority here, but this is just so-so for me. I used it a few times and then put it in my stash. Two colors work well for me - Venus and Naked 2. I would buy those individually but I wouldn't buy the palette again. The lighter colors, except for Venus, are chalky and don't show up well on me. The others are unremarkable (except for Naked 2). I would probably take the palette with me while traveling just because it's compact; other than that, I don't see me using it very much. I would rather pay $18 for each individual color I wanted and would use.

on 5/13/2013 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My most used palette! So pigmented and yet still beautifully matte! Staple in my daily makeup routine. I watched YouTube videos on how to get great day and night looks . Very versatile

on 4/28/2013 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I love the range of colours that's in it. Great for neutral to smokey look. The pans are similar to the Naked palette. I'm from Singapore and it cost me S$42/US$34.