Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/19/2016 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I guess it's about time I review this little palette now that i've hit pan on 3 shades (Venus, Foxy, W.O.S.).

The packaging is compact and made of sturdy plastic. It has a soft silicone coated feel and tends to get dirty easily. The mirror takes up the entire lid and is good quality and clear. The lid snaps shut with a secure click. The hinges are sturdy. I've dropped it a few times and never had an issue with either the shadows or the container breaking so I would feel safe traveling with it. The shadows are smooth and consistent. The pigmentation is in the moderate range with a small amount of powdery kick up and some fallout on the deeper shades.

Venus is a shimmery off white and is beautiful for the inner corner or browbone. I suggest mixing with Foxy or Walk of Shame if you don't like a lot of shimmer. It also can be used for a face highlight, esp. for very fair people (like me) who have a hard time finding one light enough.

Foxy is a creamy pale yellow matte. Commonly used as an under eye "banana" type powder, lid color, to set primer, or as a matte highlight shade. It is slightly too yellow for me to use to set my primer or undereyes but I do like it mixed with Venus for my browbone.

Walk of Shame (W.O.S.) is a pink based cream. This is the first shade that I hit pan on and the main reason for me to repurchase. I use this to set my primer and it's a very close match to my skintone. I'll grab this palette just for this shade even if i'm using another palette.

Naked 2 is a cool/neutral toned light brown. Good for light brows on its own or light/medium when mixed with Faint. I mix it with Foxy or W.O.S. for a transition shade or use it by itself.

Faint is a warm/neutral leaning mid-toned brown. Good for deeping the crease and outer V. Also good for brows.

Crave is an almost black. Its a touch lighter than a standard black shadow with hints of brown and gray. I usually use this one as a shadow liner or to smudge on the lashline.

While this palette can be used on its own, you won't be able to get much variety from your looks. I pretty much always pull in another palette to use along with this one. They weren't joking with the name, it truely IS a basic palette.

Everyone has a palette that's missing "something". Wether its a browbone, base, transition, or crease shade, this palette will have what you need to complete your look.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this palette. I resisted buying it for so long, although I've been interested in it for a while. I knew the name said "basics" but just looking at the colors I had no idea how it would produce a put together eye look. However, I finally pulled the trigger and decided to get this with a giftcard I got for Christmas. I figured if nothing else, it would be a good compliment palette to all my other Nakeds (which are lacking in the matte department).
Boy am I happy I did! It's exactly what I was looking for. I have tons of beautiful palettes: both TooFaced Chocolate bars, 3 Naked palettes, Lorac Pro... but I wanted something everyday and subtle that I could wear to work. I like to look put together at work, but very simple and basic.
This palette is PERFECT for that! I could not be more happy with it. I struggled for a while deciding if I should get this or the Naked Basics 2, but I finally decided on the original because it leans more warm toned which I think is more flattering on me. It's awesome as a quick "grab and go" palette for a rushed morning instead of having to plan out a look using a 10-12 pan eyeshadow palette. And every eyeshadow is just gorgeous on! So flattering. In terms of consistency, they are so buttery and pigmented! They go on like a dream, and blend out so beautifully. They honestly remind me of the Lorac eyeshadows.
I originally hesitated buying this palette because it was just that- "basic," and I heard so many reviews about it being very dupable and nothing special. The truth is, if you are looking for a great basics palette that is work appropriate and great for everyday, I highly suggest picking this up!!

Sure, I enjoy beautiful colors and glittery looks, but for everyday, turns out this is exactly what I was looking for. Well worth the money. The pigmentation is great, blendability and formula is great, and it's nice and tiny so it pops right into your makeup bag and is very portable. I took off one lippie for packaging only because it is kind of difficult to open, but that is my ONLY complaint. It pretty much has everything you could need. A black for liner or smoking out an eye look, a shimmery white for inner corner highlight or brow bone, a great brown for deepening the crease, a couple colors that are great for the lid, and a light brownish gray that is PERFECT for an allover crease/transition color.
This palette was intimidating to me at first, because I had no idea what sort of looks it would create based on the colors (which honestly look really dull and boring) but they truly come out so beautifully once applied.
If you are like me and love makeup but want something subtle and professional for your weekday makeup looks, I think this palette is a great investment.

on 12/30/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Naked Basic 2 review : I love these eyeshadows because they are not glittery and too much for everyday.I do not like the lightest eyeshadow in the palette,it's not pigmented at all.I expected small eyeshadow brush to go with it,but no.That was a dissapointment for me,because I paid a lot for it in Europe (and it says on the back :pair it with our double ended brush).To sum up,some of these eyeshadows are really nice but the whole palette is REALLY OVERPRICED.

on 10/16/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this palette as i'm usually a neutral eyeshadow wearer. It has all the right shades for a very natural eye makeup, and also has a really nice brown and matte black for a darker, smoky look.
The shadows have great pigmentation, and they are nice and blendable, but they will show better if you use a primer. They are also a little powdery so I do recommend tapping the brush before applying. I have oily skin, so they tend to disappear on me at the end of the day, if i wear no primer.
Overall, great product and it sure is a make up bag staple!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this palette. I bought it because I love the texture of the matte shadows in the Naked2 and thought this would be a win. Unfortunately I have discovered that wearing all neutral eyeshadow isn't something I like doing. For that reason, I won't repurchase this palette. But the shadows themselves are amazing. And I know you're supposed to use this palette along with other shadows but I prefer to spend as little time possible and wear as little product as possible. On a high note, I have found that the Naked 2 shade is the perfect shade for me to fill in my dusty blonde eyebrows, so I do use it everyday for that. I also use the shade venus for a highlight shade quite a bit.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Unreal pigmentation, fantastic glide on with a good brush, brilliant staying power even without a primer, brilliant blend ability and sleek packaging.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

If I could only have one palette, this would be it. Super versatile, I pretty much use this to start off any look that I do, and there is plenty in there to do a variety of looks with only this palette! Nice and soft shadows, not too powdery or chalky, and easy to blend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was a bit skeptical about buying this palette. As I have the other Naked palettes and thought after buying the others what does this palette offer that I have not already got... Well I was glad I did buy it! as now I go for this one before any of the other palettes! The finish on these shadows are amazing! Smooth, flawless and highly pigmented! You have 2 base colours which are great if you want a natural flawless look. A highlighter for under your brows. Then 2 Browns, 1 light brown great for day, a dark brown great for night. And a black which I use for a liner! The only thing i must add is they don't seem to last throughout the day. If applied in the morning you would have to re apply in the evening if your going out. But on saying that I cannot fault it and I love them! I have bought these for a friend for xmas as well! They are all matte apart from the highlighter so a different look completely compared to the other nakeds.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really do love this palette. It has all the basic neutral colors you need to do a multitude of looks. I used it almost everyday for months. The colors are very smooth, and apply really nicely. I love the matte browns and black, its so hard to find matte black shadow. The only thing I find I don't like about this palette is the colors do not blend well, its really difficult for me to achieve a Smokey eye look with this because,especially the darker colors, do not want to blend. so I moreso just do a basic, all over lid, crease, and highlight look. For the money you pay for this you would really hope that the shadows would blend better.

on 10/23/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is definitely my "go-to" palette, the colors are so versatile and perfect for everyday use! I love that it can easily fit in my purse. The colors can be worn subtly or dramatically depending on how heavy you apply them. I can get a nude look it a smoky look from the same palette. I will definitely be repurchasing !