Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/3/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a must have eyeshadow palette!!!! Spectacular colors. Maybe look boring, but this is the basis for so many eyeshadow looks

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just want to start out by saying that I love this palette. This was my first high end eyeshadow palette and for 15 year old me, it was a really big deal. I think that this palette is very travel friendly, beginner friendly and versatile. This palette has been in my makeup bag for every trip I've been on since buying it and I know it won't break in my bag because the packaging is secure, small and sturdy. I use venus, foxy, wos and naked 2 all the time and the dark colors are just good, essential colors that are in almost every single palette. I think this palette can be used in many different ways and it is just a staple item in my makeup collection.

on 1/22/2016 4:34:00 PM

I've had this palette for a few years and use it almost everyday for the shade "naked 2". It's a perfect crease shade for me.It's an awesome matte cool light brown with almost a grey undertone. I used to use foxy everyday as a brow highlight, but unfortunately it broke. I haven't hit pan, yet, on naked 2 but there is definitely a dent. I don't really use any of the other shades that much but it's nice to know I have a black, pink and yellowish ivory matte if I needed it for a look. I really wish naked 2 was available in a single so I could purchase it alone when I run out but I honestly love it so much that when i do run out of it, i'll probably buy another full palette just for the one color. I like the color of the packaging and the size is pretty cute, although sometimes I have a hard time finding it in my stash. Also, the clasp SUCKS. I can't even close it all of the way or it will take me 10 minutes to get it open the next time I go to use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This pallet is sure a must-have. Colors, pigmentation and the application is excellent.
Only if there were more product in one layer in termes of the weight, my only concern is consuming the bright shades fast.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite UD palette to date. It's a workhorse, in that it can be used alone, or with other palettes. On my fair neutral-warm skin, I like Venus as a highlighting shade. It's not a true matte, as it has sheen. Foxy is a warm beige that almost matches my skin tone; I usually use this for setting eye primer or reducing redness. Walk of Shame is a very light pink with nice pigmentation. The staying power is the worst on this shade, although it's a great color. Naked 2 is a grayed taupe that reads ashy on my skin. I use it as a transition shade. Faint is a soft brown with fantastic pigmentation, while Crave is black and a nice eyeliner. The most problematic shades are Crave and WOS. Crave is powdery, while WOS seems to fade even over primer.

These 2 complaints aside, this is a great little palette that can be used in so many ways. I love this palette for work and natural looks. I have used better matte formulas, although for a mainstream mid-end brand, UD has created a lovely product that is easy to travel with!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I adore urban decay palettes they were my first high end makeup palette and they never fail me they are my go to palettes. The basics palette in particular in one of my personal i love it for creating a simple everyday and as a added bonus all the shades are matte and very easy to use and super blendable. I am almost out of a few shades and i will not hesitate to repurchase them.

Below average. Don't recommend this because you could spend $45 towards much better eye shadows!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I think I may be the only girl who doesn't like the Urban Decay NAKED Basics palette. It was expensive (about $30.00 in Canada) and the colour pay-off and staying power was awful for the price. I could've gotten the same quality from a drugstore brand and for cheaper. In my opinion it was NOT worth the money and I don't think I would repurchase any Urban Decay palettes again simply for the reason of how junky they seemed. Perhaps I got a dud? I'm not sure but I was not impressed. If you are looking for a higher quality eyeshadow palette I would highly recommend the LORAC Pro Palettes (I use the #1 palette) as they are amazing! This is drugstore quality at best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you're interested in buying one of the naked palettes but not sure of the price, I'd recommend trying out this palette so you can test for yourself whether you think the quality of the eyeshadow is worth it!
This palette does what it says on the tin - it's 6 basic and very versatile shades of eyeshadow. It's ideal for if you're going on holiday/away for a weekend and don't want to be packing loads of makeup. As well as them being used as eyeshadows, they can also have other uses - for example, Naked 2 is a great shade for filling in my brows, and I can use a bit Crave or Faint to line my eyes. Would definitely recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really do like this product. As usual with UD eye shadows, the powders are pigmented and easy to blend. I do always get quite a bit of fallout with these shadows though, even after tapping my brush. However, despite all of the neutral eye shadows in the drugstore, I would repurchase this for the quality - drugstore (aside from Wet n Wild, but their most neutral palettes tend to just be trios) shadows can't compare.
For being "basic" this palette is quite versatile. You can do a barely-there look, a neutral look, a smoky look, etc. This is my go-to.
I will say, the UD Naked Basics 2 has a better shade selection, IMO. I personally never use Foxy or WOS.
All in all, a great palette with so many different looks waiting to be created from it!