Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/28/2018 2:03:00 PM

Personally I like it, it’s convenient fits in my make up bag, very pigmented as is all the UD shadows

on 5/27/2018 11:08:00 PM

Out of all the palettes I own (probably too many) I reach for this mini more than any of them. I didn't think I needed all the shades in the naked 2 palette when this has all I need for the perfect neutral look. When I travel this is typically the palette I pack because it's so small and takes up barely any space. When I'm darker in summer I use Naked 2 darkened up a bit with Faint as a transition shade, so I can see that this color scheme MIGHT not work so well for some darker tones.

I've even used the black shade as eyeliner in a pinch and it looked just fine and applied very opaque with setting spray. It's truly versatile, and right now it's on sale so I bought an extra for me and one to give my mom as a gift, this palette works for all ages!

on 5/12/2018 11:16:00 PM

I use this for my brows and everyday natural eyeshadow look plus theres a black to use as liner. Its blendable and just a great palette for boring but classic looks. Travel friendly and super easy to use if youre a beginner like me. im not very good with eyeshadows but this makes it nice and quick to do a look for all occasions. i got this on sale for about 15$. i think the urban decay naked palettes has fell off the grid because there are so many other alternatives and brands that are coming out with new palettes. that is the reason why i wouldn't repurchase if it had no sentimental value . It is still very nice to have in the collection. BUT, since this palette has a special place in my heart because my bf bought this so id always love it and i will want to repurchase just because it reminds me of him haha plus it has all the staples for any eye look.

on 4/8/2018 9:52:00 PM

This palette is a lovely, lovey combination of essential creamy matte shades for a "no makeup-makeup" days and the more "polished" type of looks and is very versatile day to night shadow palette. UD Naked Basic is suitable for the warm/neutral tones and absolutely the best of its kind that I've tried (and I've tried so many).

The reason for my low rating is due to the chalkiness of the matte shadows (it's very difficult finding matte shadows that are NOT chalky be it high or low end) and also because of ALUMINUM in all of its Naked shadow palettes. Talc is something I can forgive with eyeshadows, but ALUMINUM really has no place in cosmetics. I love Urban Decay, but will not buy their products until they put more effort into creating less toxic cosmetics.

on 3/13/2018 8:53:00 AM

A nice little palette to have; great for travel, everyday use and to use with other palettes. The shadows are a bit powdery and there is fall out, but they are also pigmented and blend well. The packaging is sturdy and compact.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I enjoyed this palette for the tones it offers. A great little travel palette. As a professional makeup artist however, I found that these shadows were quite crumbly and created quite a lot of fall-out, even after tapping off excess product multiple times. I think that the problem I find with most Urban Decay Eyeshadows, including the Naked 2 Palette that I also own, is that the formula is just too powdery and takes longer than it should to blend out. I didn't hate this palette but didn't love it either.

on 10/7/2017 1:43:00 PM

I just purchased my second Naked Basic -- in the last week, I've hit pan on Faint, Naked 2, WOS, and will hit it on Foxy soon -- I'll bust into the second one when I use up those four shade, so I felt it was appropriate to finally review this thing.

I don't necessarily care for Venus (the shimmer shade), because I love an all-matte look, but I can use it as a face highlight -- I have warm-toned fair skin.

Naked Basics is perfect for everyday use, as well as for travel. I can do any neutral look that I want and I can use a little bit of Faint(brown) to fill in my eyebrows.

I usually set my primer with Foxy, use Naked 2 as a transition, crave in the crease, and then apply WOS on the lid for some brightening. I will also take this to an evening look using a small amount of the black (crave) into the crease.

IMO, the only drawback to this palette is that most of the colors wouldn't necessarily show up on deeper skin toes.

It was $29, when I repurchased; I think it was $27 when I got it in 2013. I've spent way too much money on so many eyeshadows over the last five years, but I ALWAYS go back to this palette.

It was one of my first eyeshadow palettes, bought it in 2013 and used religiously for a long time. I hit pan on three shades- Foxy, Naked and Faint. It's a very good beginner palette. The shadows blend nicely, you can create both subtle and dramatic eye look. They don't have a lot of fallout. But the pigmentation of two lightest shades could be better. I almost never used black shadow- to this day I avoid palettes with black or dark grey (I have very fair skin and can't really pull off intense smoky eye).
Now I'm a fan of bold, bright eyeshadows (hello, UD Electric) and if I go for neutrals I reach either for Too Faced Natural Matte or Zoeva Cocoa Blend. I neglected my Naked Basics palette... I just prefer other palettes over it.

on 3/4/2017 12:03:00 AM

5 stars for this. Absolutely LOVE this palette. I've had it for a few years and no matter which new palettes I pick up, I always go back to this. It's a perfect size for traveling and the neutrals are so easy to use. The only thing I dislike is the packaging. The case is some type of matte rubber (similar to NARS) and it collects so much eyeshadow/dust. I'm considering depotting it into something else so my hands don't get eyeshadow on them every time I use it. Other than that, I don't mind the price (it's worth it!), and I will definitely repurchase when I'm done. I've already hit pan on W.O.S. and I will hit pan on Naked2 soon.

This is a really good palette. Love all the colors and the texture is really high quality.
I would prefer that the packaging was as pretty as the Naked 3, but that's not a big deal.