Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/7/2017 1:43:00 PM

I just purchased my second Naked Basic -- in the last week, I've hit pan on Faint, Naked 2, WOS, and will hit it on Foxy soon -- I'll bust into the second one when I use up those four shade, so I felt it was appropriate to finally review this thing.

I don't necessarily care for Venus (the shimmer shade), because I love an all-matte look, but I can use it as a face highlight -- I have warm-toned fair skin.

Naked Basics is perfect for everyday use, as well as for travel. I can do any neutral look that I want and I can use a little bit of Faint(brown) to fill in my eyebrows.

I usually set my primer with Foxy, use Naked 2 as a transition, crave in the crease, and then apply WOS on the lid for some brightening. I will also take this to an evening look using a small amount of the black (crave) into the crease.

IMO, the only drawback to this palette is that most of the colors wouldn't necessarily show up on deeper skin toes.

It was $29, when I repurchased; I think it was $27 when I got it in 2013. I've spent way too much money on so many eyeshadows over the last five years, but I ALWAYS go back to this palette.

It was one of my first eyeshadow palettes, bought it in 2013 and used religiously for a long time. I hit pan on three shades- Foxy, Naked and Faint. It's a very good beginner palette. The shadows blend nicely, you can create both subtle and dramatic eye look. They don't have a lot of fallout. But the pigmentation of two lightest shades could be better. I almost never used black shadow- to this day I avoid palettes with black or dark grey (I have very fair skin and can't really pull off intense smoky eye).
Now I'm a fan of bold, bright eyeshadows (hello, UD Electric) and if I go for neutrals I reach either for Too Faced Natural Matte or Zoeva Cocoa Blend. I neglected my Naked Basics palette... I just prefer other palettes over it.

on 3/4/2017 12:03:00 AM

5 stars for this. Absolutely LOVE this palette. I've had it for a few years and no matter which new palettes I pick up, I always go back to this. It's a perfect size for traveling and the neutrals are so easy to use. The only thing I dislike is the packaging. The case is some type of matte rubber (similar to NARS) and it collects so much eyeshadow/dust. I'm considering depotting it into something else so my hands don't get eyeshadow on them every time I use it. Other than that, I don't mind the price (it's worth it!), and I will definitely repurchase when I'm done. I've already hit pan on W.O.S. and I will hit pan on Naked2 soon.

This is a really good palette. Love all the colors and the texture is really high quality.
I would prefer that the packaging was as pretty as the Naked 3, but that's not a big deal.

I bought this palette when I was first starting with makeup. I was debating over this and the Naked 2 palette, and I opted for this because I didn't think I would need as many shades. I've been using this palette for some time now, and it's absolutely amazing!! The only problem I have with this is that it's hard to get Foxy and W.O.S to show up, even as a base color, and sometimes Naked 2, but then I have a medium-tan skin tone. The palette is also so versatile - I don't wear a lot of makeup to school but I almost always use Venus on the inner corners of my eyes (especially if I look like I absolutely no sleep the night before), Faint to fill in my eyebrows, and Crave as a soft liner under the eyes.

This is the perfect All-in-1 travel eyeshadow palette for me. It's only missing a brush, but what are fingers for if you wash them before using, eh? You can create looks for office or clubbing, it's up to you what such a tiny palette can do. The shades have a medium pigmentation, but you can build them with layers, of course. A good point is you get mainly matte shades (except for the first one which represents a highlighter shade) and not a single shimmer shade. Plus, it's compact enough for traveling and you can skip your contour products, too. Just use the highlighter shade and a brown shade from this palette and you're ready to go. Oh wait, don't forget to try one shade for filling your eyebrows. Thank you, Urban Decay. I'd never thought that I would love a basic eyeshadow palette.

This has been a go-to palette of mine since day 1. Very basic, (of course) warmer shades compared to the Naked Basics 2. These shadows are so soft and I regularly use Foxy to set my undereye area. This palette remains one of my favorites to this day. I also love the little mirror inside! It's just so. so. good.

on 10/22/2016 10:43:00 PM

I recently received this palette by a good friend of mine, and I am so thankful. This is my first ever Urban Decay product and I feel in love. When I received it the mirror kept falling out. I don't know if this is because of what happened during shipping or what. Besides the packaging the pigmentation of the shadows is amazing! The size of the palette allows you to take it to places if you need too. This eyeshadow palette gives you the best neutral look without effort. I love that the black is a matte colour, which allows you to darken the crease. I used the colours Naked 2 and faint to give colour to my crease and I love how long it stayed throughout the day. If you want to experience the Naked series from Urban Decay, I recommend buying the Basics so you get an experience and make a decision yourself on whether you want to buy

on 6/26/2016 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I originally bought this palette because I had not previously owned a Naked palette and wanted to see what the hype was about before committing to a larger purchase. I also ran out of my white/cream eyeshadows and needed that shade to help me transition and blend out darker looks... I'm not super pro with applying shadow, and having light shades helps me to clean up and blend out when something looks too dark.

These are great. The pigmentation is awesome and the shadow formula is creamy. I use Venus all the time on my brow bone and inner corner, and I love Foxy and W.O.S. for transitioning and fixing mistakes. There's not much fallout like you'd find with your drugstore shadows, and it's not hard to control where the colors are going. The best part though is that these shadows stay on all day without having to use primer. I absolutely love them, and especially Faint, which I use every day underneath my lower lashes. So pretty and worth the price!

on 4/13/2016 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I use this eyeshadow palette everyday for work. It stays on throughout the whole day, does not crease or fade at all. I usually put "W.O.S" on the lid, "Venus" on the brow-bone and inner eye corner, "Naked 2" in the crease as a build-up-shade and then "Faint" carefully on top of that. I finish off with "Crave" as eyeliner, so I basically use every shade except from the yellow tinted "Foxy".

It's not a cheap palette, but of course it is cheaper than the large Naked palettes (which i also own). I would still recommend it for people who usually don't spend much money on makeup. I bought it a long time ago, but the quality of the shades are just as good as back then. As I wrote, I use it everyday for work. You can also build up the shade and use it for parties and night-time.

The shadows feel very smooth on my lids, they does not have a scent and the pigmentation is crazy good. All of the shades except from "Venus" are matte shades. I believe they will look good on anyone, regardless of skintone, haircolor and color of the eyes, because they are so basic.