Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/20/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The palette is nice, but the shadows never fail to shatter on me. Foxy and WOS are completely pointless to me and are not anything special, and that is a third of the pallete. The other eyeshadows are nice but just barely above mediocre.

on 12/29/2014 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was a pretty let down by this pallet. I know that UD shadow formulations are very loved in the the beauty world, however, I felt that there are many single shadows that could preform better then these shadows in terms of quality and pigment.

Eye primer used: Saphora Collection 24 hour Glitter Glue or MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

Packaging:

One thing I did truly enjoy this pallets packaging. The pallet is sleek and compact and feels very nice in texture, similar in feel to that of the NARS blushes packaging. The addition of the mirror is great and the size is perfect for up close touch ups on eyes/eye brows. The size of each pan is very generous,even the shadow I have used almost everyday for the last 4 months barely has a dent in it.

Color/Tone:

Venus - Shimmery cream colored white. Fairly warmed toned. I find the shimmer in this somewhat chunky. I would have preferred this to a warm metallic finish. The color is very sheer and even with the addition of a primmer did not show up very well. I did not like this for a brow bone/inner core highlight as the it was far to white.

Foxy & W.O.S - Both shades are matte, one is a more neutral tone beige while the other is a more yellow toned beige. Think the difference of color between MAC's paint pots in Painterly and Soft Ochre. I am putting these two together as I had a similar experience with both shades. Both had very little pigmentation and were very chalky. Very dry formula. When used as both lid and transition colors, both shades barely showed up even when heavily packed on.

Naked 2: A cool toned light brown. Favorite color in the pallet by far! This shade is much softer then the other matte's and has a fairly good pigmentation. You can certainly build this up to a deeper color. This is my go to crease shade in the pallet. This shades staying powder was better then the both Foxy & W.O.S

Faint: A dark warm matte brown. I found that this shade was not very bendable in the crease. I did try to use this as a liner but I found it to be a little off in color in terms of a brown liner as it is a little too warm. However, I have gotten SO MUCH use out of this as brow powder. I have very warm dark brown hair and this is the perfect color for me in the brows. Not to warm toned for the job, I use this shade everyday in my brows and it lasts all day.

Crave: A basic straight up matte black. I find this is not pigmented enough for a liner shade and is very difficult to blend out on the lid and in the crease. The only uses I have had for the this is setting liquid and gel liner and occasionally darkening up my brows when going for a more dramatic look.

Lasting Power:

With the exception of the Faint, Naked 2 and Crave, the other half the shades in this pallets perform very poorly in terms of staying powder as they tend to wear off very quickly even with the addition of a eye primer. Pigmentation in these shades was also very lacking.

Would I buy again?

No I would not buy this again. I while I have found use for 3 of the 6 shades, I do not feel this was worth the 36 dollars Canadian. I to replace my daily use of the shades Naked 2 and Faint, I will instead use MAC's "Espresso" (Crave) and "Wedge" or "Omega" (Naked 2).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this palette for everyday use, as I tend towards neutral-brown smokey look for my grey eyes. Overall you can definitely tell these eyeshadows are more high-end then, say, a Coastal Scents or ELF palette--they're more buttery in texture and less chalky. Venus is the perfect browbone highlight shade for my pale skin; just lighter and a tiny bit of shimmer. Foxy is beautiful on the inner corner (on me at least, I find yellows to be more brightening for that part of the eye). WOS is a perfect nude on me, being about the same tone as my skin. I use it along with Naked 2 to blend out my lid color. Crave is a true, matte black which is long-lasting and lovely smudged along my lower lashline. Faint, however....the only shadow from this palette that I didn't like, and ironically the one I bought it for originally. I thought it would be a beautiful medium brown on my lid, perfect for a daytime smokey eye. However, it resists both blending and layering, becoming a bizarre taupe-y grey in little patches. But I wouldn't let one bad shadow out of five deter you from buying such an excellent neutral palette! 7.5/10.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Some of the shades in the Naked palettes that I own are far too much glitter for my liking. This palette is a great add-on to mix and match for some much needed mattes.

As a stand alone, this palette is a pass for me. The problem I have with it is the range of colors. There are one too many light shades, and not enough medium. It just isn't versatile enough. I rarely grab for this palette.

The shadows are good quality, but I prefer Lorac shadows to Urban Decay. I think they blend a little easier and apply smoother.

If you are just starting with makeup, this might be a good palette for you. Or if you want to add a few mattes to your collection, this might make a good addition to your collection.

I ended up giving mine to my 14 year old niece, and it is perfect for her for daily age appropriate looks.

on 4/11/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I tried so hard to pass up this palette but as I was at the check out line in Sephora I just saw it sitting there and yanked it up.
Man am I glad I got it.
I use this every single day and I absolutely love it! I've had this palette for about a month and a half now and I've barely made a dent in any of the shadows.
I love the very neutral look it gives me for work.
I fly all the time and I love that this little compact can just fit right into my small make up bag and I take it everywhere.
I love Crave for my liner and I love how Walk of Shame neutralises my lid.
I also use Naked 2 as my brow color and its fantastic!
I will absolutely buy this product again when I run out.
HG product!

on 2/8/2013 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

...And on the Third Day, UD created "Naked Basics". I used to be so sad when theoriginal Naked palette was introduced. The neutrals were wonderful, but alas, too warm for my cool skintone. Then Naked 2 was introduced and I was happy!! I've already hit pan on a couple of the shadows in N2 and truly love the palette, but I've always wondered--what if UD came out with a totally matte Naked Palette?
.....and Naked Basics was born! I love this so much I purchased two.
The palette is smaller than the previous Naked palettes, but good things come in small packages. Every neutral color is great--and the black shadow is so versatile as a brow filler, a liner and a shadow. This is THE perfect palette for travel! The rubberized compact is a great idea as well. There is no way this palette is going to randomly open up and get shadow dust all over..and the 27.00 price is heavenly.
Very. VERY happy and will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Loving this at the moment! I love all of the Naked palettes, while this is not my favourite palette, it is definitely worth buying. It does what it says on the packaging, its six basic matte shadows that are very nice to use alone or as a base for something else. I love venus as a highlight, it has taken over virgin & booty call as my new favourite. I think the only negative I would throw in is that it is a little expensive for what it is (it is very cute and tiny) but if you love matte looks or just taking a break from constant smokey looks this palette is definitely what you want.