Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin type : Other
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

What a wonderful, practical little workhorse. I've been looking for a palette I can use for every day that works for different occasions and it's been surprisingly impossible. And I haven't had much luck with the larger UD Naked ones.

This one is just right!
PROS
-just right undertones. Not too cool, not too warm. Would work for almost everyone. Also a smart range of shades so it could be adjusted for lighter or darker skin tones.
-pigmented, yet easy to blend (unlike Kat Von D)
-lasts from 5am to 10pm without creasing. I do use a primer
-good value for the quality
-compact, sturdy almost rubbery case. Love It!
-easy to work a natural or dramatic look

CONS
-none that I can think of

So glad I found this. Great buy!

I hated this product. None of the colors showed up on my eyelids! I took this back, because I will never use it. UD could have made the Pulp Fiction pallet part of the permanent collection. The only other dud I have had was Naked 3. Maybe both were dud palettes.

on 1/10/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I always avoided any eyeshadow that had anything remotely brown in it but this looks so good on me. I love that with this selection of colors you can create anything from a no make up makeup look to a dramatic smokey eye. The two darkest shades are very pigmented so swipe your brushes lightly on these two.
There's just one thing I personaly don't quite like about this product and that's the matte shades (which are 5 out of 6) being a bit too chalky. The problem here is that they make my eyes look older because of the way they settle into the fine lines of the eyelid. I'm 37 and my fine lines are still pretty much non existent thanks to very good genes but this makes them appear. The good thing is the inclusion of one basic shimmery shade. So I believe this is not a super smart palette for an older person, at least not when used alone, but I hope I'll still be happily using it for a long time.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette. I use it almost everyday and usually combine it with shades from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. The shades work beautifully to enhance but not overpower the natural beauty of any eye color. It's a must!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect little palette for traveling with great urban decay creamy eyeshadow quality! Great packaging and shade selection.

I resisted buying Urban Decay eyeshadows due to the price, despite all the rave reviews.

I've always thought eyeshadow is eyeshadow....

But I tested Naked 3 at Ulta and was impressed by the color payoff. But there were too many shimmers in that palette for me (older), and the colors seemed to lean mauvey/pink, it seems.

The Naked Basics palette had exactly what I was looking for...a range of matte neutrals for daytime/work.

So I caved and bought it.

Soooo glad I did, because the amount of color/shadow you get when you apply it is impressive.

People might complain the colors are boring, but like the name says it's mean to be "basics."

I read this palette was released due to customer requests for a neutral matte palette. So I think it's unfair to give it a lower rating for being "boring"...it's MEANT to be neutral.

Great starter for a person to try Urban Decay, and very work-appropriate.

Was excited to try this but after reading online that it has a gross smell to it I smelled it. Disgusting!! Contacted urban decay and they are aware of this and just said it was the glue. For something that I would use on my face smelling like urine isn't appealing to me. Wasn't super impressed with quality when I wore it once, will be returning this!

on 9/14/2013 11:38:00 PM

This palette was not what I expected it to be. It seemed very nice and I really liked the packaging but when I tried the colors on my eyes, they were not very appealing and it did not reach my expectations at all. I have another eyeshadow palette that is even more pigmented and lasts all day than the colors in this palette and it costs much less. I am not satisfied with this product.

Love this stuff! All matte (except for Venus) and easy for everyday use! All the colours are very pigmented with the exception of Venus. The poor little guy is the only non-matte & not very pigmented one. Feel bad for the guy! Only downside is the packaging! Opening it does take some time. Overall great! Love it for travel, smaller than my phone! Would repurchase :-)

Colors are great, but I would honestly not use all of th colors. First color virgin is very light, I would use it for very light highlight in certain situations.
Sin ( second) is a little pink ( blueish), not working well with my skin tone.
Naked is great for blonde eyebrows.
Cidecar...a little too grey
buck is nice taupe color
Half naked is my absolutely favorite highlighter or all over
Smog is nice dark brown color I will use all the time
darkhorse - too blahh gray
Toasted is my favorite medium brown
Hustle I will use for dark brows and as dark shadow, nice coffee like color
creep too blue for me and gun metal is nice gray - blue- medium light.