Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/23/2018 10:09:00 AM

i realize this is an unpopular opinion, but gosh i really hate this palette.

i bought this so i would have a nice, small, basic palette that i could use for a simple eye look. unfortunately, i was really disappointed. the 3 lightest shades (venus, foxy, walk of shame) do not show up on my eyelids at all. i might as well be using a plain powder. naked 2, the 4th shade, barely shows up as well.
the two darker shades, faint and crave, definitely do show up, but blend patchy and uneven, and look dry and crusty on the eyelids.

as for positives, the packaging is really nice and convenient, and looks pretty and sleek, however i definitely wouldn't recommend this. the quality of the shadows is no better than a 5 dollar palette from the drugstore, and this was pretty expensive.

on 5/12/2018 11:16:00 PM

I use this for my brows and everyday natural eyeshadow look plus theres a black to use as liner. Its blendable and just a great palette for boring but classic looks. Travel friendly and super easy to use if youre a beginner like me. im not very good with eyeshadows but this makes it nice and quick to do a look for all occasions. i got this on sale for about 15$. i think the urban decay naked palettes has fell off the grid because there are so many other alternatives and brands that are coming out with new palettes. that is teh reason why i wouldnt repurchase. It is still very nice to have in the collection.

on 4/8/2018 9:52:00 PM

This palette is a lovely, lovey combination of essential creamy matte shades for a "no makeup-makeup" days and the more "polished" type of looks and is very versatile day to night shadow palette. UD Naked Basic is suitable for the warm/neutral tones and absolutely the best of its kind that I've tried (and I've tried so many).

The reason for my low rating is due to the chalkiness of the matte shadows (it's very difficult finding matte shadows that are NOT chalky be it high or low end) and also because of ALUMINUM in all of its Naked shadow palettes. Talc is something I can forgive with eyeshadows, but ALUMINUM really has no place in cosmetics. I love Urban Decay, but will not buy their products until they put more effort into creating less toxic cosmetics.

on 3/13/2018 8:53:00 AM

A nice little palette to have; great for travel, everyday use and to use with other palettes. The shadows are a bit powdery and there is fall out, but they are also pigmented and blend well. The packaging is sturdy and compact.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I enjoyed this palette for the tones it offers. A great little travel palette. As a professional makeup artist however, I found that these shadows were quite crumbly and created quite a lot of fall-out, even after tapping off excess product multiple times. I think that the problem I find with most Urban Decay Eyeshadows, including the Naked 2 Palette that I also own, is that the formula is just too powdery and takes longer than it should to blend out. I didn't hate this palette but didn't love it either.

on 10/7/2017 1:43:00 PM

I just purchased my second Naked Basic -- in the last week, I've hit pan on Faint, Naked 2, WOS, and will hit it on Foxy soon -- I'll bust into the second one when I use up those four shade, so I felt it was appropriate to finally review this thing.

I don't necessarily care for Venus (the shimmer shade), because I love an all-matte look, but I can use it as a face highlight -- I have warm-toned fair skin.

Naked Basics is perfect for everyday use, as well as for travel. I can do any neutral look that I want and I can use a little bit of Faint(brown) to fill in my eyebrows.

I usually set my primer with Foxy, use Naked 2 as a transition, crave in the crease, and then apply WOS on the lid for some brightening. I will also take this to an evening look using a small amount of the black (crave) into the crease.

IMO, the only drawback to this palette is that most of the colors wouldn't necessarily show up on deeper skin toes.

It was $29, when I repurchased; I think it was $27 when I got it in 2013. I've spent way too much money on so many eyeshadows over the last five years, but I ALWAYS go back to this palette.

It was one of my first eyeshadow palettes, bought it in 2013 and used religiously for a long time. I hit pan on three shades- Foxy, Naked and Faint. It's a very good beginner palette. The shadows blend nicely, you can create both subtle and dramatic eye look. They don't have a lot of fallout. But the pigmentation of two lightest shades could be better. I almost never used black shadow- to this day I avoid palettes with black or dark grey (I have very fair skin and can't really pull off intense smoky eye).
Now I'm a fan of bold, bright eyeshadows (hello, UD Electric) and if I go for neutrals I reach either for Too Faced Natural Matte or Zoeva Cocoa Blend. I neglected my Naked Basics palette... I just prefer other palettes over it.

on 4/25/2017 9:31:00 AM

This was my first high end eyeshadow palette, and although I've used and still using it A LOT (that's why I would probably repurchase it), I totally HATE THE FALL OUT!!!!
I was so excited because it was my first UD Naked palette, so high end, so hyped, so "if you're a beginner you NEED THIS",... And then I always have to start with my eye makeup because of how much product falls on my face!!! I have a Make Up Revolution palette (the white chocolate one) and it doesn't have any fall out, I thought UD eyeshadows would be so much better!

Because of this I'm afraid of buying another Naked palette. I've heard Too Faced palettes have less fall out and they're cheaper than UD so... Maybe I'll look for them instead!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

What a wonderful, practical little workhorse. I've been looking for a palette I can use for every day that works for different occasions and it's been surprisingly impossible. And I haven't had much luck with the larger UD Naked ones.

This one is just right!
PROS
-just right undertones. Not too cool, not too warm. Would work for almost everyone. Also a smart range of shades so it could be adjusted for lighter or darker skin tones.
-pigmented, yet easy to blend (unlike Kat Von D)
-lasts from 5am to 10pm without creasing. I do use a primer
-good value for the quality
-compact, sturdy almost rubbery case. Love It!
-easy to work a natural or dramatic look

CONS
-none that I can think of

So glad I found this. Great buy!

on 3/4/2017 12:03:00 AM

5 stars for this. Absolutely LOVE this palette. I've had it for a few years and no matter which new palettes I pick up, I always go back to this. It's a perfect size for traveling and the neutrals are so easy to use. The only thing I dislike is the packaging. The case is some type of matte rubber (similar to NARS) and it collects so much eyeshadow/dust. I'm considering depotting it into something else so my hands don't get eyeshadow on them every time I use it. Other than that, I don't mind the price (it's worth it!), and I will definitely repurchase when I'm done. I've already hit pan on W.O.S. and I will hit pan on Naked2 soon.

Popular Palettes