Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This palette has its place and is not a bad thing, it just may not be the best thing, particularly for people of color. I find that I have to put in a little more work with this to pull off these shades, like using a white base/eye primer. It is truly a Naked "basic" palette. If you work a conservative gig or just want to use some really conservative colors, this palette would suit you well. I am a fan of UD across the board but, in hindsight, I could have left this one in the store. I rarely reach for it.

I resisted buying Urban Decay eyeshadows due to the price, despite all the rave reviews.

I've always thought eyeshadow is eyeshadow....

But I tested Naked 3 at Ulta and was impressed by the color payoff. But there were too many shimmers in that palette for me (older), and the colors seemed to lean mauvey/pink, it seems.

The Naked Basics palette had exactly what I was looking for...a range of matte neutrals for daytime/work.

So I caved and bought it.

Soooo glad I did, because the amount of color/shadow you get when you apply it is impressive.

People might complain the colors are boring, but like the name says it's mean to be "basics."

I read this palette was released due to customer requests for a neutral matte palette. So I think it's unfair to give it a lower rating for being "boring"...it's MEANT to be neutral.

Great starter for a person to try Urban Decay, and very work-appropriate.

on 10/28/2013 12:14:00 AM

i love this palette! i usually use foxy or w.o.s. as a base, then add a little of naked 2 in the crease and highlight with venus. the only color i never use is faint, the dark brown shade. at first i didn't bother with crave (the black color), either, but i read that it makes a good eyeliner and it does! it's super pigmented and there's very little fall out, so it's good for applying on the lash line for when you want to make your lashes look thicker, but maybe not go for the full eyeliner look. i've used this literally every day since i bought it last december or january and it still hasn't run out. highly recommended!

on 9/14/2013 11:38:00 PM

This palette was not what I expected it to be. It seemed very nice and I really liked the packaging but when I tried the colors on my eyes, they were not very appealing and it did not reach my expectations at all. I have another eyeshadow palette that is even more pigmented and lasts all day than the colors in this palette and it costs much less. I am not satisfied with this product.

Love this stuff! All matte (except for Venus) and easy for everyday use! All the colours are very pigmented with the exception of Venus. The poor little guy is the only non-matte & not very pigmented one. Feel bad for the guy! Only downside is the packaging! Opening it does take some time. Overall great! Love it for travel, smaller than my phone! Would repurchase :-)

Colors are great, but I would honestly not use all of th colors. First color virgin is very light, I would use it for very light highlight in certain situations.
Sin ( second) is a little pink ( blueish), not working well with my skin tone.
Naked is great for blonde eyebrows.
Cidecar...a little too grey
buck is nice taupe color
Half naked is my absolutely favorite highlighter or all over
Smog is nice dark brown color I will use all the time
darkhorse - too blahh gray
Toasted is my favorite medium brown
Hustle I will use for dark brows and as dark shadow, nice coffee like color
creep too blue for me and gun metal is nice gray - blue- medium light.

I love this palette, and I use it every day. The only color I don't use is the black (I'm in my fifties and it's too harsh). I use the light sparkly color on the inner corners, and all the other colors on the lid at different times. I will definitely buy this again when I run out!

on 1/4/2013 7:41:00 AM

If you already own a lot of neutral matte shadows or you do not like cool neutrals, this may not be for you. This palette to me is a complimentary palette for the naked 1&2, even in the size of the compact, i think UD's intention was to compliment the two naked palettes. I think you could definitely used this alone but to some it may be a bit blah. I love my naked 1&2, i love all the shimmery shades but i like using a matte shade for the crease. I dont own a lot of mac matte shadows as i find a lot of them hit or miss but i know UD mattte shadows are soft and pigmented so i really appreciate this palette. The only con about this is that its more cool toned which i personally dont mind because i prefer cool tone browns anyway but for those who prefer warm tones might not like this palette.

I love the packaging. It feels like nars rubberized exterior but because it light color, i dont get this dirty as much as the black nars packaging. It is also a nit difficult to open but that's just a minor flaw.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was not impressed by this palette. The colors look very pretty and natural. But, the texture was not great. So I didn't feel it was worth the $27. I've heard so much about Urban Decay eyeshadows, how they stay on a long time and have a great texture, but I didn't find this to be true with this palette.