Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/28/2018 2:03:00 PM

Personally I like it, it’s convenient fits in my make up bag, very pigmented as is all the UD shadows

on 5/27/2018 11:08:00 PM

Out of all the palettes I own (probably too many) I reach for this mini more than any of them. I didn't think I needed all the shades in the naked 2 palette when this has all I need for the perfect neutral look. When I travel this is typically the palette I pack because it's so small and takes up barely any space. When I'm darker in summer I use Naked 2 darkened up a bit with Faint as a transition shade, so I can see that this color scheme MIGHT not work so well for some darker tones.

I've even used the black shade as eyeliner in a pinch and it looked just fine and applied very opaque with setting spray. It's truly versatile, and right now it's on sale so I bought an extra for me and one to give my mom as a gift, this palette works for all ages!

on 5/12/2018 11:16:00 PM

I use this for my brows and everyday natural eyeshadow look plus theres a black to use as liner. Its blendable and just a great palette for boring but classic looks. Travel friendly and super easy to use if youre a beginner like me. im not very good with eyeshadows but this makes it nice and quick to do a look for all occasions. i got this on sale for about 15$. i think the urban decay naked palettes has fell off the grid because there are so many other alternatives and brands that are coming out with new palettes. that is the reason why i wouldn't repurchase if it had no sentimental value . It is still very nice to have in the collection. BUT, since this palette has a special place in my heart because my bf bought this so id always love it and i will want to repurchase just because it reminds me of him haha plus it has all the staples for any eye look.

on 2/14/2018 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: excellent texture (creamy and smooth)
pigmented
blendable
Cons : except price (34CAD$ +) I cannot find any ...
The only reason I will not repurchase is because warmer tones suit me better, and this is rather cool tone.

on 10/7/2017 1:43:00 PM

I just purchased my second Naked Basic -- in the last week, I've hit pan on Faint, Naked 2, WOS, and will hit it on Foxy soon -- I'll bust into the second one when I use up those four shade, so I felt it was appropriate to finally review this thing.

I don't necessarily care for Venus (the shimmer shade), because I love an all-matte look, but I can use it as a face highlight -- I have warm-toned fair skin.

Naked Basics is perfect for everyday use, as well as for travel. I can do any neutral look that I want and I can use a little bit of Faint(brown) to fill in my eyebrows.

I usually set my primer with Foxy, use Naked 2 as a transition, crave in the crease, and then apply WOS on the lid for some brightening. I will also take this to an evening look using a small amount of the black (crave) into the crease.

IMO, the only drawback to this palette is that most of the colors wouldn't necessarily show up on deeper skin toes.

It was $29, when I repurchased; I think it was $27 when I got it in 2013. I've spent way too much money on so many eyeshadows over the last five years, but I ALWAYS go back to this palette.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

What a wonderful, practical little workhorse. I've been looking for a palette I can use for every day that works for different occasions and it's been surprisingly impossible. And I haven't had much luck with the larger UD Naked ones.

This one is just right!
PROS
-just right undertones. Not too cool, not too warm. Would work for almost everyone. Also a smart range of shades so it could be adjusted for lighter or darker skin tones.
-pigmented, yet easy to blend (unlike Kat Von D)
-lasts from 5am to 10pm without creasing. I do use a primer
-good value for the quality
-compact, sturdy almost rubbery case. Love It!
-easy to work a natural or dramatic look

CONS
-none that I can think of

So glad I found this. Great buy!

on 3/4/2017 12:03:00 AM

5 stars for this. Absolutely LOVE this palette. I've had it for a few years and no matter which new palettes I pick up, I always go back to this. It's a perfect size for traveling and the neutrals are so easy to use. The only thing I dislike is the packaging. The case is some type of matte rubber (similar to NARS) and it collects so much eyeshadow/dust. I'm considering depotting it into something else so my hands don't get eyeshadow on them every time I use it. Other than that, I don't mind the price (it's worth it!), and I will definitely repurchase when I'm done. I've already hit pan on W.O.S. and I will hit pan on Naked2 soon.

on 3/3/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a must have eyeshadow palette!!!! Spectacular colors. Maybe look boring, but this is the basis for so many eyeshadow looks

This is a really good palette. Love all the colors and the texture is really high quality.
I would prefer that the packaging was as pretty as the Naked 3, but that's not a big deal.

This is the perfect All-in-1 travel eyeshadow palette for me. It's only missing a brush, but what are fingers for if you wash them before using, eh? You can create looks for office or clubbing, it's up to you what such a tiny palette can do. The shades have a medium pigmentation, but you can build them with layers, of course. A good point is you get mainly matte shades (except for the first one which represents a highlighter shade) and not a single shimmer shade. Plus, it's compact enough for traveling and you can skip your contour products, too. Just use the highlighter shade and a brown shade from this palette and you're ready to go. Oh wait, don't forget to try one shade for filling your eyebrows. Thank you, Urban Decay. I'd never thought that I would love a basic eyeshadow palette.