Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/29/2016 10:51:00 PM

Good supplement palette but unnecessary to one's eyeshadow collection. The shades are chalky and sheer. I would much rather invest in a different palette.

I hated this product. None of the colors showed up on my eyelids! I took this back, because I will never use it. UD could have made the Pulp Fiction pallet part of the permanent collection. The only other dud I have had was Naked 3. Maybe both were dud palettes.

on 3/4/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Was looking for small, good price palette with light, nude and brown shades. This seemed good at first: 3 light, 3 darks shades for $28. However, even with eye shadow primer, they do not last long. I applied these at around 3pm and by 6pm it was all gone.
These colors are too matte for me, I dislike Venus and Crave shades. Plus, this palette stinks! I didn't notice at first but reading other reviews, I had to smell it - and it does have a weird smell. I will try Lorac Pro palette at Ulta - heard lots of good reviews about it. But this is going back to the store. Bye bye famous Naked palette!
P.S. I decided to give it another try but no.. I don't even see the colors on my eye lids!

on 12/28/2013 10:30:00 PM

Since i got this i have only used it twice and i honestly hate it! although they are good quality i just dont like the colours AT ALL! and i dropped it from about 10 cm from the ground and two of the shadows completly fell out! not impressed at all!

on 12/26/2013 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I'm on the fence with this palette. I bought it this past week, with $15 off with my Beauty Insider card at Sephora. The colors are wonderful: no creasing, easy to blend, and I like that very little can be used to create a look. However, the packaging is difficult for me to open, and once I do, I get this weird funny smell. It deters me away from using this palette, which is a shame, because I've wanted this palette since it came out.

UPDATE:
I've returned this palette again after trying another one to see if I had a dud because of the smell. It's still there! :/

on 6/7/2013 12:04:00 AM

I fell into the trap. And bought all 3 naked pallettes. Why? cause it was on sale. But anyways. Excited to use it because I heard so many positive things and I love using neutral colors. Over the years I fell in love with urban decays eye shadows because they are vibrant, last long, glitter, shimmer, matte, you name it - they have it.

The packaging is very nice. Matte rubber feel to it and it looks easy to clean. It is a little difficult to open but when you do open it, it has a large mirror. It is very travel friendly, you can read about how slim in it in many reviews here. But the colors just wasn't for me.

Venus (off white shimmer)
Foxy (matte beige/yellow)
Walk of Shame (matte pink/beige)
Naked 2 (light taupe)
Faint (matte brown)
Crave (matte black)

They colors look beautiful. As a pallette is sooo nice. I really wanted to love the buttery smooth shadows (sorry I made it sound like food) but they just didn't work out. I'm Asian nw30; venus, foxy and w.o.s. hardly show on my skin. In addition, I have found it absolutely useless to have 3 light shades. I prefer darker colors on my lid so that it gives my eyes more depth and appear bigger. I love naked 2 and faint. And crave...well I'm sure everyone has a black matte shadow. But being that I will only be using 2/6 colors maybe 3/3, it just isn't efficient enough for me. So sad that its going back to sephora.

Below average. Don't recommend this because you could spend $45 towards much better eye shadows!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I think I may be the only girl who doesn't like the Urban Decay NAKED Basics palette. It was expensive (about $30.00 in Canada) and the colour pay-off and staying power was awful for the price. I could've gotten the same quality from a drugstore brand and for cheaper. In my opinion it was NOT worth the money and I don't think I would repurchase any Urban Decay palettes again simply for the reason of how junky they seemed. Perhaps I got a dud? I'm not sure but I was not impressed. If you are looking for a higher quality eyeshadow palette I would highly recommend the LORAC Pro Palettes (I use the #1 palette) as they are amazing! This is drugstore quality at best.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Honestly, I've had this product for a while and even though these are all neutral colours, I just can't seem to make them work for me. The colours all look ruddy on me and they're also very boring. Not worth any of the hype whatsoever.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Honestly, I've used drugstore eyeshadows better than this. I usually don't wear eyeshadow, but do every now and then when I'm bored and have extra time to get ready, or want to look extra nice for a dinner/event or for whatever reason. My main problem with this was the fallout. It was ridiculous, and made a huge mess. It was rather chalky too, making it difficult to blend seamlessly. If I wear eyeshadow, I want it to look great. This stuff had great reviews online and on YouTube. I've even seen girls use tutorials using this and it looks great ? I have good makeup brushes and everything, so I know that can't be the problem. Maybe I got a bad one ? Lol but when other people describe this palette im like, "are we talking about the same product !?" because this stuff is dry, chalky, and a total mess to use. The fallout is just so wasteful. It's a shame, because I love the concept of this palette, and I love other urban decay eyeshadows ? Just wasn't a hit for me. You can't go wrong with the urban decay naked palette, though. If you're looking for a great nude eyeshadow palette go for the naked or naked 2 palette.