Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/9/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

so creamy, so buttery. very easy to blend. longlasting. all the colors in the palette are basic everyday colors so there is not 1 shadow in the palette you cannot use. love it. repurchasing.

on 6/26/2016 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I originally bought this palette because I had not previously owned a Naked palette and wanted to see what the hype was about before committing to a larger purchase. I also ran out of my white/cream eyeshadows and needed that shade to help me transition and blend out darker looks... I'm not super pro with applying shadow, and having light shades helps me to clean up and blend out when something looks too dark.

These are great. The pigmentation is awesome and the shadow formula is creamy. I use Venus all the time on my brow bone and inner corner, and I love Foxy and W.O.S. for transitioning and fixing mistakes. There's not much fallout like you'd find with your drugstore shadows, and it's not hard to control where the colors are going. The best part though is that these shadows stay on all day without having to use primer. I absolutely love them, and especially Faint, which I use every day underneath my lower lashes. So pretty and worth the price!

To Read all 441 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/13/2016 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I use this eyeshadow palette everyday for work. It stays on throughout the whole day, does not crease or fade at all. I usually put "W.O.S" on the lid, "Venus" on the brow-bone and inner eye corner, "Naked 2" in the crease as a build-up-shade and then "Faint" carefully on top of that. I finish off with "Crave" as eyeliner, so I basically use every shade except from the yellow tinted "Foxy".

It's not a cheap palette, but of course it is cheaper than the large Naked palettes (which i also own). I would still recommend it for people who usually don't spend much money on makeup. I bought it a long time ago, but the quality of the shades are just as good as back then. As I wrote, I use it everyday for work. You can also build up the shade and use it for parties and night-time.

The shadows feel very smooth on my lids, they does not have a scent and the pigmentation is crazy good. All of the shades except from "Venus" are matte shades. I believe they will look good on anyone, regardless of skintone, haircolor and color of the eyes, because they are so basic.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Isn't it interesting that some people consider this the warmer Basics palette while others think it's cooler than Naked2Basics? I didn't buy this palette for myself simply because I found it too warm and I also found the 3 light colours were almost identical once applied. So I passed on this when it was first released and was delighted when Naked2Basics was released and grabbed that one right away because it is absolutely the cooler assortment of the 2 in my opinion. But my daughter really wanted this palette so I bought it for her for a little treat. She is thrilled with it, so that makes it a "winner" for me and I would repurchase it - not for me but for her - when the time comes.

I find this palette a little bit too cool for me, and the Naked2 Basics a little too warm - go figure. I actually mix and match both palettes quite often. The case is a nice size for travel.

Generally speaking, I like the selection of colours but feel the lightest few are too similar. I find this shadow a touch chalky and lots of fallout with a brush but works wonderfully with fingers (blends better and is longer lasting with fingers). I find the white a bit glittery.

Love the greyish/taupe and dark brown for filling in eyebrows more than any eyebrow product.

on 4/3/2016 1:43:00 PM

I bought this in the hope of that I'll have a compact palette for workdays.
When swatched, it looks very nice and pigmented. On my eyelids it was very different. The Foxy and WOS didn't give a good coverage(with UD primer).
IT DRIED MY LIDS OUT. I haven't read this anywhere in any review. It was because of this I'm not using it at all.
The shimmery shade is too light and boring.
The palette overall looks a bit grey on me. I'm olive toned NC25.
If I want a good base I go with Wet n wild Greed palette's top left shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just want to start out by saying that I love this palette. This was my first high end eyeshadow palette and for 15 year old me, it was a really big deal. I think that this palette is very travel friendly, beginner friendly and versatile. This palette has been in my makeup bag for every trip I've been on since buying it and I know it won't break in my bag because the packaging is secure, small and sturdy. I use venus, foxy, wos and naked 2 all the time and the dark colors are just good, essential colors that are in almost every single palette. I think this palette can be used in many different ways and it is just a staple item in my makeup collection.

This is an amazing neutral and matte eyeshadow palette. I used to use this to work for a whole year and I love it. The quality is amazing and the color selection is great beauce it is a straight neutral, and you can also get some smokey looks. There are every shade you need to compose a great neutral or smokey look. If you a neutral lover or is looking for a neutral look for work, school...this is for you!

on 1/29/2016 10:51:00 PM

I like to use this eyeshadow palette as a supplement to other palettes I have in my collection. It has really nice matte shades that are pretty creamy instead of chalky. Love that its so small and compact as well, so you can travel with it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My friend bought this palette for me on my birthday since I am a big fan of urban decay shadows (I own naked 1 and 2). This palette does not disappoint. The pigmentation is smooth and lasts all day with my NYX HD primer underneath (although I believe it's being discontinued, not quite sure). When I first got it, I used to wear it on the daily to work and school but I did stop because I thought most of my looks looked the same. The only con I have with this palette is that the shade "foxy" is terrible to work with. It's chalky and difficult to blend with. Other than that, it's a great neutral palette for everyday and the packaging is sturdy and compact.

Update: I do find some of the darker shades a bit patchy to blend out, and that's why I knocked down a lippie.