Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is a really good palette. Love all the colors and the texture is really high quality.
I would prefer that the packaging was as pretty as the Naked 3, but that's not a big deal.

I bought this palette when I was first starting with makeup. I was debating over this and the Naked 2 palette, and I opted for this because I didn't think I would need as many shades. I've been using this palette for some time now, and it's absolutely amazing!! The only problem I have with this is that it's hard to get Foxy and W.O.S to show up, even as a base color, and sometimes Naked 2, but then I have a medium-tan skin tone. The palette is also so versatile - I don't wear a lot of makeup to school but I almost always use Venus on the inner corners of my eyes (especially if I look like I absolutely no sleep the night before), Faint to fill in my eyebrows, and Crave as a soft liner under the eyes.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

All you need is... this palette, right? Yeah, some may think "What the hecl are you talking about?!" BUT it's true. Want to create a smokey eye for the day/night? Or maybe an eye makeup that looks simple, yet beautiful enough to make it seem like you wear almost no eye makeup? You want HQ? Then this is for you. The price might be meh but you get what you pay for. And you can create all kinds of eye makeup, either with only this palette or mixed with other eyeshadows.

on 11/19/2016 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I guess it's about time I review this little palette now that i've hit pan on 3 shades (Venus, Foxy, W.O.S.).

The packaging is compact and made of sturdy plastic. It has a soft silicone coated feel and tends to get dirty easily. The mirror takes up the entire lid and is good quality and clear. The lid snaps shut with a secure click. The hinges are sturdy. I've dropped it a few times and never had an issue with either the shadows or the container breaking so I would feel safe traveling with it. The shadows are smooth and consistent. The pigmentation is in the moderate range with a small amount of powdery kick up and some fallout on the deeper shades.

Venus is a shimmery off white and is beautiful for the inner corner or browbone. I suggest mixing with Foxy or Walk of Shame if you don't like a lot of shimmer. It also can be used for a face highlight, esp. for very fair people (like me) who have a hard time finding one light enough.

Foxy is a creamy pale yellow matte. Commonly used as an under eye "banana" type powder, lid color, to set primer, or as a matte highlight shade. It is slightly too yellow for me to use to set my primer or undereyes but I do like it mixed with Venus for my browbone.

Walk of Shame (W.O.S.) is a pink based cream. This is the first shade that I hit pan on and the main reason for me to repurchase. I use this to set my primer and it's a very close match to my skintone. I'll grab this palette just for this shade even if i'm using another palette.

Naked 2 is a cool/neutral toned light brown. Good for light brows on its own or light/medium when mixed with Faint. I mix it with Foxy or W.O.S. for a transition shade or use it by itself.

Faint is a warm/neutral leaning mid-toned brown. Good for deeping the crease and outer V. Also good for brows.

Crave is an almost black. Its a touch lighter than a standard black shadow with hints of brown and gray. I usually use this one as a shadow liner or to smudge on the lashline.

While this palette can be used on its own, you won't be able to get much variety from your looks. I pretty much always pull in another palette to use along with this one. They weren't joking with the name, it truely IS a basic palette.

Everyone has a palette that's missing "something". Wether its a browbone, base, transition, or crease shade, this palette will have what you need to complete your look.

This has been a go-to palette of mine since day 1. Very basic, (of course) warmer shades compared to the Naked Basics 2. These shadows are so soft and I regularly use Foxy to set my undereye area. This palette remains one of my favorites to this day. I also love the little mirror inside! It's just so. so. good.

on 10/22/2016 10:43:00 PM

I recently received this palette by a good friend of mine, and I am so thankful. This is my first ever Urban Decay product and I feel in love. When I received it the mirror kept falling out. I don't know if this is because of what happened during shipping or what. Besides the packaging the pigmentation of the shadows is amazing! The size of the palette allows you to take it to places if you need too. This eyeshadow palette gives you the best neutral look without effort. I love that the black is a matte colour, which allows you to darken the crease. I used the colours Naked 2 and faint to give colour to my crease and I love how long it stayed throughout the day. If you want to experience the Naked series from Urban Decay, I recommend buying the Basics so you get an experience and make a decision yourself on whether you want to buy

on 8/9/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

so creamy, so buttery. very easy to blend. longlasting. all the colors in the palette are basic everyday colors so there is not 1 shadow in the palette you cannot use. love it. repurchasing.

on 6/26/2016 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I originally bought this palette because I had not previously owned a Naked palette and wanted to see what the hype was about before committing to a larger purchase. I also ran out of my white/cream eyeshadows and needed that shade to help me transition and blend out darker looks... I'm not super pro with applying shadow, and having light shades helps me to clean up and blend out when something looks too dark.

These are great. The pigmentation is awesome and the shadow formula is creamy. I use Venus all the time on my brow bone and inner corner, and I love Foxy and W.O.S. for transitioning and fixing mistakes. There's not much fallout like you'd find with your drugstore shadows, and it's not hard to control where the colors are going. The best part though is that these shadows stay on all day without having to use primer. I absolutely love them, and especially Faint, which I use every day underneath my lower lashes. So pretty and worth the price!

on 4/13/2016 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I use this eyeshadow palette everyday for work. It stays on throughout the whole day, does not crease or fade at all. I usually put "W.O.S" on the lid, "Venus" on the brow-bone and inner eye corner, "Naked 2" in the crease as a build-up-shade and then "Faint" carefully on top of that. I finish off with "Crave" as eyeliner, so I basically use every shade except from the yellow tinted "Foxy".

It's not a cheap palette, but of course it is cheaper than the large Naked palettes (which i also own). I would still recommend it for people who usually don't spend much money on makeup. I bought it a long time ago, but the quality of the shades are just as good as back then. As I wrote, I use it everyday for work. You can also build up the shade and use it for parties and night-time.

The shadows feel very smooth on my lids, they does not have a scent and the pigmentation is crazy good. All of the shades except from "Venus" are matte shades. I believe they will look good on anyone, regardless of skintone, haircolor and color of the eyes, because they are so basic.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Isn't it interesting that some people consider this the warmer Basics palette while others think it's cooler than Naked2Basics? I didn't buy this palette for myself simply because I found it too warm and I also found the 3 light colours were almost identical once applied. So I passed on this when it was first released and was delighted when Naked2Basics was released and grabbed that one right away because it is absolutely the cooler assortment of the 2 in my opinion. But my daughter really wanted this palette so I bought it for her for a little treat. She is thrilled with it, so that makes it a "winner" for me and I would repurchase it - not for me but for her - when the time comes.