Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/25/2017 9:31:00 AM

This was my first high end eyeshadow palette, and although I've used and still using it A LOT (that's why I would probably repurchase it), I totally HATE THE FALL OUT!!!!
I was so excited because it was my first UD Naked palette, so high end, so hyped, so "if you're a beginner you NEED THIS",... And then I always have to start with my eye makeup because of how much product falls on my face!!! I have a Make Up Revolution palette (the white chocolate one) and it doesn't have any fall out, I thought UD eyeshadows would be so much better!

Because of this I'm afraid of buying another Naked palette. I've heard Too Faced palettes have less fall out and they're cheaper than UD so... Maybe I'll look for them instead!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

What a wonderful, practical little workhorse. I've been looking for a palette I can use for every day that works for different occasions and it's been surprisingly impossible. And I haven't had much luck with the larger UD Naked ones.

This one is just right!
PROS
-just right undertones. Not too cool, not too warm. Would work for almost everyone. Also a smart range of shades so it could be adjusted for lighter or darker skin tones.
-pigmented, yet easy to blend (unlike Kat Von D)
-lasts from 5am to 10pm without creasing. I do use a primer
-good value for the quality
-compact, sturdy almost rubbery case. Love It!
-easy to work a natural or dramatic look

CONS
-none that I can think of

So glad I found this. Great buy!

on 3/4/2017 12:03:00 AM

5 stars for this. Absolutely LOVE this palette. I've had it for a few years and no matter which new palettes I pick up, I always go back to this. It's a perfect size for traveling and the neutrals are so easy to use. The only thing I dislike is the packaging. The case is some type of matte rubber (similar to NARS) and it collects so much eyeshadow/dust. I'm considering depotting it into something else so my hands don't get eyeshadow on them every time I use it. Other than that, I don't mind the price (it's worth it!), and I will definitely repurchase when I'm done. I've already hit pan on W.O.S. and I will hit pan on Naked2 soon.

on 3/3/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a must have eyeshadow palette!!!! Spectacular colors. Maybe look boring, but this is the basis for so many eyeshadow looks

This is a really good palette. Love all the colors and the texture is really high quality.
I would prefer that the packaging was as pretty as the Naked 3, but that's not a big deal.

I bought this palette when I was first starting with makeup. I was debating over this and the Naked 2 palette, and I opted for this because I didn't think I would need as many shades. I've been using this palette for some time now, and it's absolutely amazing!! The only problem I have with this is that it's hard to get Foxy and W.O.S to show up, even as a base color, and sometimes Naked 2, but then I have a medium-tan skin tone. The palette is also so versatile - I don't wear a lot of makeup to school but I almost always use Venus on the inner corners of my eyes (especially if I look like I absolutely no sleep the night before), Faint to fill in my eyebrows, and Crave as a soft liner under the eyes.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

All you need is... this palette, right? Yeah, some may think "What the hecl are you talking about?!" BUT it's true. Want to create a smokey eye for the day/night? Or maybe an eye makeup that looks simple, yet beautiful enough to make it seem like you wear almost no eye makeup? You want HQ? Then this is for you. The price might be meh but you get what you pay for. And you can create all kinds of eye makeup, either with only this palette or mixed with other eyeshadows.

on 11/19/2016 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I guess it's about time I review this little palette now that i've hit pan on 3 shades (Venus, Foxy, W.O.S.).

The packaging is compact and made of sturdy plastic. It has a soft silicone coated feel and tends to get dirty easily. The mirror takes up the entire lid and is good quality and clear. The lid snaps shut with a secure click. The hinges are sturdy. I've dropped it a few times and never had an issue with either the shadows or the container breaking so I would feel safe traveling with it. The shadows are smooth and consistent. The pigmentation is in the moderate range with a small amount of powdery kick up and some fallout on the deeper shades.

Venus is a shimmery off white and is beautiful for the inner corner or browbone. I suggest mixing with Foxy or Walk of Shame if you don't like a lot of shimmer. It also can be used for a face highlight, esp. for very fair people (like me) who have a hard time finding one light enough.

Foxy is a creamy pale yellow matte. Commonly used as an under eye "banana" type powder, lid color, to set primer, or as a matte highlight shade. It is slightly too yellow for me to use to set my primer or undereyes but I do like it mixed with Venus for my browbone.

Walk of Shame (W.O.S.) is a pink based cream. This is the first shade that I hit pan on and the main reason for me to repurchase. I use this to set my primer and it's a very close match to my skintone. I'll grab this palette just for this shade even if i'm using another palette.

Naked 2 is a cool/neutral toned light brown. Good for light brows on its own or light/medium when mixed with Faint. I mix it with Foxy or W.O.S. for a transition shade or use it by itself.

Faint is a warm/neutral leaning mid-toned brown. Good for deeping the crease and outer V. Also good for brows.

Crave is an almost black. Its a touch lighter than a standard black shadow with hints of brown and gray. I usually use this one as a shadow liner or to smudge on the lashline.

While this palette can be used on its own, you won't be able to get much variety from your looks. I pretty much always pull in another palette to use along with this one. They weren't joking with the name, it truely IS a basic palette.

Everyone has a palette that's missing "something". Wether its a browbone, base, transition, or crease shade, this palette will have what you need to complete your look.

This has been a go-to palette of mine since day 1. Very basic, (of course) warmer shades compared to the Naked Basics 2. These shadows are so soft and I regularly use Foxy to set my undereye area. This palette remains one of my favorites to this day. I also love the little mirror inside! It's just so. so. good.

on 10/22/2016 10:43:00 PM

I recently received this palette by a good friend of mine, and I am so thankful. This is my first ever Urban Decay product and I feel in love. When I received it the mirror kept falling out. I don't know if this is because of what happened during shipping or what. Besides the packaging the pigmentation of the shadows is amazing! The size of the palette allows you to take it to places if you need too. This eyeshadow palette gives you the best neutral look without effort. I love that the black is a matte colour, which allows you to darken the crease. I used the colours Naked 2 and faint to give colour to my crease and I love how long it stayed throughout the day. If you want to experience the Naked series from Urban Decay, I recommend buying the Basics so you get an experience and make a decision yourself on whether you want to buy