Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a fan of the natural look that was popular when I was young and first wearing makeup. Not only does this palette deliver that look, it does so while being kind to the older eyes of someone born during the Eisenhower administration. I first discovered this after experimenting with my 22 yr old's palette one day and quickly decided I needed one for myself. Naked2 in this palette is an amazing light taupey shade which is perfection for use in the crease if you are fair and want just a bit of definition. Foxy is a great light base color for me tho it has a bit too much sheen so I layer it over my LM Vanilla Nuts.

on 12/23/2014 8:28:00 AM

This is a superb eye shadow palette for every day. I love the fact that all of the shadows are matte (shimmery shadows can be too much for me, especially during the daytime) and that three of the six shadows are very light - because my eyes are deep-set and small, I always use a pale shadow as an allover base on the lids from the lash line to the brows to "open up" my eyes. Whenever I buy a palette, the pale neutral shade is always the first one to be used up. The six shades are Venus, a soft off-white; Foxy, a yellow-based ivory, W.O.S. (Walk of Shame), a pinky-based pale beige, Naked2, a medium taupe, Faint, a medium warm brown, and Crave, a very dark almost black shade to use as a liner.

on 1/27/2014 7:11:00 PM

I think this is the perfect palette for a person wanting some great neutral eyeshadows in a compact case - especially if you don't already own a batch of them. However, I do own a batch of neutral shadows and found that these were not any more outstanding than the many MAC, UD or other ones I already have and so I passed my palette along to my future daughter in law. The formulation of these shadows is excellent, though, and I do recommend the palette.

on 11/18/2013 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

While this is a cute compact, the colors are nothing special. My Physician's Formula Canyon Classics compact offers more variety for $6.

I love this palette, and I use it every day. The only color I don't use is the black (I'm in my fifties and it's too harsh). I use the light sparkly color on the inner corners, and all the other colors on the lid at different times. I will definitely buy this again when I run out!

on 2/25/2013 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great matte palette. Highly recommend or "mature eyes". Excellent quality with no sparkles!

on 2/8/2013 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

...And on the Third Day, UD created "Naked Basics". I used to be so sad when theoriginal Naked palette was introduced. The neutrals were wonderful, but alas, too warm for my cool skintone. Then Naked 2 was introduced and I was happy!! I've already hit pan on a couple of the shadows in N2 and truly love the palette, but I've always wondered--what if UD came out with a totally matte Naked Palette?
.....and Naked Basics was born! I love this so much I purchased two.
The palette is smaller than the previous Naked palettes, but good things come in small packages. Every neutral color is great--and the black shadow is so versatile as a brow filler, a liner and a shadow. This is THE perfect palette for travel! The rubberized compact is a great idea as well. There is no way this palette is going to randomly open up and get shadow dust all over..and the 27.00 price is heavenly.
Very. VERY happy and will definitely repurchase!