Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by age: 44-55
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like most palettes, I find myself using only some of the shades, and completely ignoring others. I don't use the far right-hand black shade. I don't wear black well, so this one has never been touched. But, I love the first 4 shades from left to right. The first 3 are good basic highlight and lid shades (the far left being shimmery and the other 3 are flat matte), and the 4th I use as a transition shade around my crease. The 5th brown color is unimpressive to me. The formula is highly pigmented, blends well, is buildable and holds up well throughout the day. I would not repurchase simply because I don't use the entire palette and I can find similar shades/dupes in singles for about the same price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Isn't it interesting that some people consider this the warmer Basics palette while others think it's cooler than Naked2Basics? I didn't buy this palette for myself simply because I found it too warm and I also found the 3 light colours were almost identical once applied. So I passed on this when it was first released and was delighted when Naked2Basics was released and grabbed that one right away because it is absolutely the cooler assortment of the 2 in my opinion. But my daughter really wanted this palette so I bought it for her for a little treat. She is thrilled with it, so that makes it a "winner" for me and I would repurchase it - not for me but for her - when the time comes.

on 12/2/2015 4:20:00 PM

I initially thought that I'm not sure why I've never written a review for this palette (Naked Basics 2). After all, I've had it for about a year. So it's not really on my radar. I do like Primal for brows - does that count? About the same time, I also purchased the Naked 3 palette. And maybe that's why I haven't reviewed either one of them. I don't really like either one of them, I'm bummed that I spent so much moola on them, and I hate being in the minority, even though I often am, LOL. Naked Basics 2, though. I very rarely reach for it. The light tones - Stark and Skimp - are very chalky. Even when applied super lightly with the fluffiest of brushes - chalky. Frisk is a tad too light to be a good crease color for me, and Cover is almost red toned - yecchh. Not into looking like I have pink eye, thanks. Undone works well as a liner with a damp brush - though I suspect it works well mainly because it's dampened. Because ALL these shadows are super powdery, in my opinion, and don't blend as well as I'd like. There's a lot of flyaway powder and fall out during application. I get about six hours of wear out of them before I see significant creasing, and that's with a good primer. I just think for 30 bucks, these shadows should perform better. Considering that I feel similarly about the Naked 3 palette, I just might have issues with Urban Decay shadows, right? I've read that the company has significantly changed their shadow formulas in the last few years, and maybe that has something to do with it.

on 8/22/2015 7:05:00 AM

My first UD palette and no regrets at all in purchasing this.
So creamy and blends like a dream. It gives me a great no makeup makeup look.

on 3/2/2015 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Luv this palette. Even though the colours are VERY basic, the quality is top notch. Pigmentation and staying power is terrific. I only wish there were a couple of additional colours to play with to have more variety, then it would reach holy grail status.

I own several neutral palettes but reach for this one a lot.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not think these should be looked at as eyeshadows to wear alone, unless you want or prefer a very natural look. I think these are more geared to use in conjunction with the 12-pan Naked palettes, as base shades, transition shades, brow bone shades, etc. I think if you are looking at this palette and expecting a 'wow' eyeshade look alone, you will be disappointed.

That said, I love this palette.
I love using it alone for days I want a more natural look. I also love pairing it with shimmer shadows, so to me, this palette is very versatile. But I think the 'palette' word has connotations for some as being a one-stop-shop-eyeshadow.. and as I said some may very well find these shades "boring" if that is what they are looking for. There is no shimmer, these are pretty matte, which, if that is what you ar elooking for, this palette is definitely worth a look. It seems in general people prefer this or volume 2, and I prefer this, even though volume 2 is touted as cooler toned shades (and I prefer cooler tones), I just prefer this over volume 2.

Anyhoo, these apply very easily for me, blend very nicely, and I get a good 8 hours or more wear from these. FABULOUS!!

I also like the slim package, great for tucking in the purse or for travel!!
Nice-sized mirror, to boot!!

on 2/4/2015 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This Naked Basic is a HG for me. I've had it for over a year, and I still love it as much as whe I first bought it. On its own, the look is polished and natural, and so office friendly. Paired w brighter colors, it helps to create wearable fun looks. I'm a neutral eye kind of girl so this palette is right up my alley. The quality of the powder IMHO is fantastic - smooth, pigmented, blendable, (not patchy at all). Never thought I'll ever buy the same eyeshadow palette again, this will be the first.

on 1/23/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I waited so long to buy UD's Naked Basics-I'm probably the last one on the block to try them out! This is my 1st experience with UD's eye shadows and now I understand why they are so highly regarded. They are very creamy, have high color pay-off, low-to-no fall-out and most colors seem highly pigmented. I think I've avoided UD eye shadows up until now because the majority of them seem to be saturated w/ sparkle, frost, glitter, metalics, sheen and/or shine and I personally prefer matte or a soft lustre finish on my 45+ year old eyes. I think this is a gorgeous set of eye shadows and I love the packaging. I will not repurchase because I find the colors at tad too cool toned/neutral for my personal taste but I can understand why so many people love this palette and UD eye shadows in general.

on 11/18/2014 9:16:00 PM

Okay. I get it now. I had been scratching my head over this palette for quite some time and could not understand all the rave reviews. Now I have it and I understand. This goes on like a dream. Stays for hours and hours. I love that it looks like I am not wearing eye shadow and my eyes just HAPPEN to be fabulous! You can achieve a very natural eye look that is just simply pretty. I'm very happy that my curiosity lured me to buy it.

on 10/23/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is definitely my "go-to" palette, the colors are so versatile and perfect for everyday use! I love that it can easily fit in my purse. The colors can be worn subtly or dramatically depending on how heavy you apply them. I can get a nude look it a smoky look from the same palette. I will definitely be repurchasing !