Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 36-43
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I own UD Basics 1 & 2, & Nakeds3; they are all truly awesome!! For the price of USD$29 getting 6 very finely milled beautiful shadows is a bargain!! I am working on getting Nakeds 1 & 2 & Nakeds On The Run, maybe Santa this year or else if not imma def buy them for myself!! I love making smoked out eyes w Basics1, the dark black color is lovely for using over eyeliner to make it extra smokey & all of the shades coordinate together so nicely! The texture is to die for, buttery soft & long lasting, easy to blend. I bought 3 different dupes (2 of which being from Coastal Scents & the other a no name 1 from kmart) & tbh I never use them, the money would have been better spent putting towards another UD palette. Don't get the dupes, they aren't the same. You may be able to get similar looks w the dupes (coz any1 who is really skilled/talented w makeup can make dollar store items look decent!), but to me they just aren't the same. There is just something luxurious & special about Nakeds in general, I am addicted!! I find myself reaching for the UD palettes most often. I am a hard core devotée!! You can do just about anything w them from light eye to smoked all out & looks the best paired w a nude lip color to my eye, but u can also pull off a brick red or something like MAC Brave/Velvet Teddy/Satin Taupe. I've also paired it w Barbie pink for good results, so I think whatever lip color you are most comfortable in u can rock Basics1 with it. Conservative enough for school/office but can be so smoked out for going out to a club/concert/party/soirée. You can dress if up or down as much as u want! I wish they had put a little slot w a brush in there, that's about my only complaint! I love me some UD!!

on 4/8/2014 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I held off on this for so long. I figured no way is this worth the hype or the price. I love neutrals and wanted to try it. I finally jumped in and got it months ago and am in love. It's just a very basic palette with great skin tone colors and works with everything. You don't need to go all crazy with this one and worry it wont fit with an outfit or lip color. Everything in here is wearable.

Smokey and natural this palette is for anyone. It has some yellow tones in it, but don't worry much, I am cool toned and find nothing off about it. It just gives a subtle look and I don't see anything yellow or sallow. I use this a lot for that no-make-up look.

Urban Decay always puts out great shadows and this is just right there with the rest. My favorite color combos in here are Venus and WOS. It just gives me a very classy look. The packaging is very small and portable. No fuss or muss here. Worth the $28.

on 3/28/2014 1:26:00 AM

Little work horse palette of goodness how well you perform and partner with every other palette I own.

Great crease and blending neutral colours, I'm happy there are 4 lighter colours to work with and Venus is great for using with bright colour popping eye shadows and palettes. Foxy and W.O.S are great base colours... If I'm feeling lazy I will often just use Naked 2 as a brow colour - I think Faint would be good for darker brows too.

Nice compact little palette to pack for trips. No fallout - yay! If I was too lose you my little beauty you would certainly be worthy of replacement. I bought mine from BeautyBay.

Happy to have this and would recommend to others as worthwhile.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

First off: hi, my name is Danielle, and I'm an Urban Decay junkie. That addressed, I have the worst kind of love-hate relationship with this specific palette, because I use the blasted thing almost every day...but only three out of six shades. Faint and Crave have all the power and pigmentation of chalk dust, and I haven't even acknowledged Foxy (my Naked2 palette told me all I needed to know about that yellow monster). However, Walk of Shame is seriously my Holy Grail blending shade, and I'm quite happy with Naked2 as a transition colour. So what it boils down to is, I paid a bomb for that pair, plus the lovely and talented highlighting shade Venus. Still cost less than three UD singles, but still...Walk of Shame is really the only one in there that gets me flailing like a fangirl. :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an awesome palette for a bold or light neutral look. The colors apply easy and blend wonderfully. Well worth the $27 price tag.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love the size of this palette and the fact that it gives me all of my eye "stuff" in one package. Each of the three lighter neutral colors are very useful in different situations. I used wOs most days with naked 2 in the crease. I use crave on my waterline at night. Faint is both a good day liner and as a brow filler. The lightest color has a tiny bit of shimmer and is a great highlighter!

on 2/2/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been eyeing this palette for some time. I couldn't bring myself to drop $27 on it - just seems overpriced. I waited patiently and lo and behold, ULTA gave me a 20% off coupon to use towards it.

I am so glad I purchased this. It's small but perfect for travel. The shadows are what you come to expect from UD - creamy, highly pigmented, blendable, and long wearing. This palette is pretty versatile because the shades are so neutral. You can do both daytime & evening looks. My first look was a smokey eye using nothing but this palette. I got so many compliments - enough to erase any doubts I had about spending the money. This palette is also good to create a soft eye that's appropriate for work and other more conservative settings.

Overall, it's pricey but it's like any UD Naked palette - an investment. If you can get past the price tag, you won't be sorry.

on 12/5/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

At first I wasn't impressed with this palette because I thought it was boring. Would work great for a neutral cat eye look but since I have hooded eyes I could never make that work. Then this morning I paired it with my favorite UD shadow in Roach and I was in love. I now look forward to trying it with other UD single shadows. It truly is a basics palette that will work beautifully for a variety of different looks.

on 6/29/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

First of all, let me say that I almost did not buy this palette. When it was released last fall, I was disappointed. It looked boring. However in December I had a 20% of prestige brands coupon to Ulta so I decided to give it a try.

This is now one of my most used palettes. I rarely use it on its own but I use it to complement many of my other shadows. Crave (the darkest shade) in awesome as a natural looking liner because of its deep brown almost black color. It makes my lashes look thicker and darker when I press it into my top lash line. I use the liner colors in the palette as transition shades or I'll use them to blend out other shadows that I own.

I also use this palette with some of my "wilder" eye colors to make them more wearable such as using a fun color on my lid with one of the two darker shades in my crease. The two lighter matte shades are also good as base shadows all over the eye before I begin applying other colors. I am fairly pale (N10-N15 depending on the time of year) and they neutralize any redness or purpleness on my lids.

I still can't believe how versatile this palette is even though it would be fairly boring on its own!

on 4/9/2013 2:24:00 PM

This palette is exactly what the name says: basics. I like it and find myself using it quite often, but there are pros and cons.
PROS
- like most UD shadows, these are lovely to work with. Blendable, long lasting (I use a primer, but even the times I haven't these shadows have stood up well), and nicely pigmented
- unlike a lot of matte shadows, these aren't at all chalky. So that's a big +
- the packaging is nice - compact and small, closes tightly so it's a great palette to take with you, especially if you want to change from a day look to a night one since it has some deeper shades.

CONS
- I think this palette probably wouldn't work well for those with darker skin. The shades work well for me (although two of the lighter shades are a bit too similar for such a small palette imo) but I am fair to medium in skin tone. The two deeper shades (faint and crave) would probably work great for anyone, but the three lighter shades might not show up as different on darker skinned users. Just FYI
- Fallout like crazy when applying these shadows. It's worth it, but just a warning.

I said that I would repurchase because I do like this palette and use it several times a week, but honestly by the time I hit pan on this (if I ever do - they are pretty pigmented!) I will probably try a new neutrals palette.