Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/19/2016 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I guess it's about time I review this little palette now that i've hit pan on 3 shades (Venus, Foxy, W.O.S.).

The packaging is compact and made of sturdy plastic. It has a soft silicone coated feel and tends to get dirty easily. The mirror takes up the entire lid and is good quality and clear. The lid snaps shut with a secure click. The hinges are sturdy. I've dropped it a few times and never had an issue with either the shadows or the container breaking so I would feel safe traveling with it. The shadows are smooth and consistent. The pigmentation is in the moderate range with a small amount of powdery kick up and some fallout on the deeper shades.

Venus is a shimmery off white and is beautiful for the inner corner or browbone. I suggest mixing with Foxy or Walk of Shame if you don't like a lot of shimmer. It also can be used for a face highlight, esp. for very fair people (like me) who have a hard time finding one light enough.

Foxy is a creamy pale yellow matte. Commonly used as an under eye "banana" type powder, lid color, to set primer, or as a matte highlight shade. It is slightly too yellow for me to use to set my primer or undereyes but I do like it mixed with Venus for my browbone.

Walk of Shame (W.O.S.) is a pink based cream. This is the first shade that I hit pan on and the main reason for me to repurchase. I use this to set my primer and it's a very close match to my skintone. I'll grab this palette just for this shade even if i'm using another palette.

Naked 2 is a cool/neutral toned light brown. Good for light brows on its own or light/medium when mixed with Faint. I mix it with Foxy or W.O.S. for a transition shade or use it by itself.

Faint is a warm/neutral leaning mid-toned brown. Good for deeping the crease and outer V. Also good for brows.

Crave is an almost black. Its a touch lighter than a standard black shadow with hints of brown and gray. I usually use this one as a shadow liner or to smudge on the lashline.

While this palette can be used on its own, you won't be able to get much variety from your looks. I pretty much always pull in another palette to use along with this one. They weren't joking with the name, it truely IS a basic palette.

Everyone has a palette that's missing "something". Wether its a browbone, base, transition, or crease shade, this palette will have what you need to complete your look.

on 8/9/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

so creamy, so buttery. very easy to blend. longlasting. all the colors in the palette are basic everyday colors so there is not 1 shadow in the palette you cannot use. love it. repurchasing.

on 4/3/2016 1:43:00 PM

I bought this in the hope of that I'll have a compact palette for workdays.
When swatched, it looks very nice and pigmented. On my eyelids it was very different. The Foxy and WOS didn't give a good coverage(with UD primer).
IT DRIED MY LIDS OUT. I haven't read this anywhere in any review. It was because of this I'm not using it at all.
The shimmery shade is too light and boring.
The palette overall looks a bit grey on me. I'm olive toned NC25.
If I want a good base I go with Wet n wild Greed palette's top left shade.

This is an amazing neutral and matte eyeshadow palette. I used to use this to work for a whole year and I love it. The quality is amazing and the color selection is great beauce it is a straight neutral, and you can also get some smokey looks. There are every shade you need to compose a great neutral or smokey look. If you a neutral lover or is looking for a neutral look for work, school...this is for you!

on 11/18/2015 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd never been tempted to splurge on an eyeshadow palette before, but I'm so glad I bit the bullet and bought the UD Naked Basic palette. I have pale skin, pale brows, warm skin tone and dark circles under my eyes that are hard to cover completely.... basically a nightmare combination, but some how this palette brings out the best in my eyes and is enormously flattering.
Firstly, the formula of these shadows is amazing - I only experience mild creasing after about 8 hours of wear (I use a Laura Mercier eyeshadow primer, as I have oily lids), and I can easily blend the creases out with my finger. They are buttery and easy to blend - however, the intensity of colour can really be amped up or down depending on what brushes you are using - for a natural daytime look, I'll use all the shades but apply the darker ones using a Laura Mercier Pony tail brush (for a sheer, lightweight coating of colour), and use an eyeliner brush to line my upper lash line and the corner of the lower lash line in the very darkest colour ('Crave'). The colours look very pale in the pan, but the sahde 'Flirt' is surprisingly intense on the skin, so do test them out first. The matte formula is comparable to Laura Mercier and Mac shadows, and far better than Bobbi Brown (which I find chalky and hard to blend).
Secondly, I've found using a palette has simplified the process of eye contouring - a concept I've always shied away from for various reasons (not knowing what shades to use or how to apply). A little online research and I'm now a lot more confident in applying shadows to make the most of my eye shape, as well as achieving definite make up 'looks'.
The only downside is that UD don't sell any of the colours as refills - I can imagine I will use some colour more than others, so instead of refilling the empty ones, I'll have to buy a whole new palette. Also, it would be a lot more eco friendly for the company to allow the palette case to be reused and refilled.
I'm keen to try the Becca Ombre Nudes palette next, and perhaps the Dior backstage eye reviver palette.
I'd say the palette is more neutral than warm but good for skins with yellow undertones, and the Basic 2 palette looks cooler and pinker (which would bring out my under eye shadows in not time).
This is the first time I've used Urban Decay products, and I'm very impressed - far superior quality than that of some pricier brands I have tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite UD palette to date. It's a workhorse, in that it can be used alone, or with other palettes. On my fair neutral-warm skin, I like Venus as a highlighting shade. It's not a true matte, as it has sheen. Foxy is a warm beige that almost matches my skin tone; I usually use this for setting eye primer or reducing redness. Walk of Shame is a very light pink with nice pigmentation. The staying power is the worst on this shade, although it's a great color. Naked 2 is a grayed taupe that reads ashy on my skin. I use it as a transition shade. Faint is a soft brown with fantastic pigmentation, while Crave is black and a nice eyeliner. The most problematic shades are Crave and WOS. Crave is powdery, while WOS seems to fade even over primer.

These 2 complaints aside, this is a great little palette that can be used in so many ways. I love this palette for work and natural looks. I have used better matte formulas, although for a mainstream mid-end brand, UD has created a lovely product that is easy to travel with!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

YASSSSSS! Finally, some mattes! I love this warm-toned neutral naked palette. I love to mix these shades with the original Naked palette to get more daytime, matte looks that don't OD on shimmer. My one complaint is that the lightest shade in this palette is a leeeeeetle too yellow for my taste. Doesn't work great on my skin tone, but it's good for those with more warmth in their skin. Other than that, A+!

on 5/8/2015 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a guru classic for a reason, providing a decent amount of a range of colors in useful amounts. If you don't like any one color, it's not like you've invested in a full pan; if you're into combination "looks" the mix of choices will be useful. I like this because I tend to migrate towards light or neutral matte eye looks, so the colors fill needs I already have. I can use a dab of Venus to brighten my inner eyes, or some Crave to enhance my eyeliner; combining the inner colors, especially Walk of Shame and Naked 2, gives me a good range of daytime looks for pale skin. The pigmentation means I don't have to fuss too much to get even coverage, and the fineness of the powder makes it easy to blend out or into another color. I'd highly recommend this for almost any user of eyeshadow who fits any of the above criteria.

I like these shadows but they are all really basic. Nothing exciting. I do think venus is great for the brow bones and w.o.s is great as a base shade but the rest are just alright for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good basic palette i use it for a natural everyday look or paired with my single eyeshadows as it gives all the basic shading colors.

Its not crazy pigmented but its good pigmentation and its easy to work with.

A great small sized palette that is easy to travel with too.