Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/27/2018 11:08:00 PM

Out of all the palettes I own (probably too many) I reach for this mini more than any of them. I didn't think I needed all the shades in the naked 2 palette when this has all I need for the perfect neutral look. When I travel this is typically the palette I pack because it's so small and takes up barely any space. When I'm darker in summer I use Naked 2 darkened up a bit with Faint as a transition shade, so I can see that this color scheme MIGHT not work so well for some darker tones.

I've even used the black shade as eyeliner in a pinch and it looked just fine and applied very opaque with setting spray. It's truly versatile, and right now it's on sale so I bought an extra for me and one to give my mom as a gift, this palette works for all ages!

on 4/8/2018 9:52:00 PM

This palette is a lovely, lovey combination of essential creamy matte shades for a "no makeup-makeup" days and the more "polished" type of looks and is very versatile day to night shadow palette. UD Naked Basic is suitable for the warm/neutral tones and absolutely the best of its kind that I've tried (and I've tried so many).

The reason for my low rating is due to the chalkiness of the matte shadows (it's very difficult finding matte shadows that are NOT chalky be it high or low end) and also because of ALUMINUM in all of its Naked shadow palettes. Talc is something I can forgive with eyeshadows, but ALUMINUM really has no place in cosmetics. I love Urban Decay, but will not buy their products until they put more effort into creating less toxic cosmetics.

on 2/14/2018 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: excellent texture (creamy and smooth)
pigmented
blendable
Cons : except price (34CAD$ +) I cannot find any ...
The only reason I will not repurchase is because warmer tones suit me better, and this is rather cool tone.

on 11/19/2016 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I guess it's about time I review this little palette now that i've hit pan on 3 shades (Venus, Foxy, W.O.S.).

The packaging is compact and made of sturdy plastic. It has a soft silicone coated feel and tends to get dirty easily. The mirror takes up the entire lid and is good quality and clear. The lid snaps shut with a secure click. The hinges are sturdy. I've dropped it a few times and never had an issue with either the shadows or the container breaking so I would feel safe traveling with it. The shadows are smooth and consistent. The pigmentation is in the moderate range with a small amount of powdery kick up and some fallout on the deeper shades.

Venus is a shimmery off white and is beautiful for the inner corner or browbone. I suggest mixing with Foxy or Walk of Shame if you don't like a lot of shimmer. It also can be used for a face highlight, esp. for very fair people (like me) who have a hard time finding one light enough.

Foxy is a creamy pale yellow matte. Commonly used as an under eye "banana" type powder, lid color, to set primer, or as a matte highlight shade. It is slightly too yellow for me to use to set my primer or undereyes but I do like it mixed with Venus for my browbone.

Walk of Shame (W.O.S.) is a pink based cream. This is the first shade that I hit pan on and the main reason for me to repurchase. I use this to set my primer and it's a very close match to my skintone. I'll grab this palette just for this shade even if i'm using another palette.

Naked 2 is a cool/neutral toned light brown. Good for light brows on its own or light/medium when mixed with Faint. I mix it with Foxy or W.O.S. for a transition shade or use it by itself.

Faint is a warm/neutral leaning mid-toned brown. Good for deeping the crease and outer V. Also good for brows.

Crave is an almost black. Its a touch lighter than a standard black shadow with hints of brown and gray. I usually use this one as a shadow liner or to smudge on the lashline.

While this palette can be used on its own, you won't be able to get much variety from your looks. I pretty much always pull in another palette to use along with this one. They weren't joking with the name, it truely IS a basic palette.

Everyone has a palette that's missing "something". Wether its a browbone, base, transition, or crease shade, this palette will have what you need to complete your look.

on 8/9/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

so creamy, so buttery. very easy to blend. longlasting. all the colors in the palette are basic everyday colors so there is not 1 shadow in the palette you cannot use. love it. repurchasing.

on 4/3/2016 1:43:00 PM

I bought this in the hope of that I'll have a compact palette for workdays.
When swatched, it looks very nice and pigmented. On my eyelids it was very different. The Foxy and WOS didn't give a good coverage(with UD primer).
IT DRIED MY LIDS OUT. I haven't read this anywhere in any review. It was because of this I'm not using it at all.
The shimmery shade is too light and boring.
The palette overall looks a bit grey on me. I'm olive toned NC25.
If I want a good base I go with Wet n wild Greed palette's top left shade.

This is an amazing neutral and matte eyeshadow palette. I used to use this to work for a whole year and I love it. The quality is amazing and the color selection is great beauce it is a straight neutral, and you can also get some smokey looks. There are every shade you need to compose a great neutral or smokey look. If you a neutral lover or is looking for a neutral look for work, school...this is for you!

on 11/18/2015 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd never been tempted to splurge on an eyeshadow palette before, but I'm so glad I bit the bullet and bought the UD Naked Basic palette. I have pale skin, pale brows, warm skin tone and dark circles under my eyes that are hard to cover completely.... basically a nightmare combination, but some how this palette brings out the best in my eyes and is enormously flattering.
Firstly, the formula of these shadows is amazing - I only experience mild creasing after about 8 hours of wear (I use a Laura Mercier eyeshadow primer, as I have oily lids), and I can easily blend the creases out with my finger. They are buttery and easy to blend - however, the intensity of colour can really be amped up or down depending on what brushes you are using - for a natural daytime look, I'll use all the shades but apply the darker ones using a Laura Mercier Pony tail brush (for a sheer, lightweight coating of colour), and use an eyeliner brush to line my upper lash line and the corner of the lower lash line in the very darkest colour ('Crave'). The colours look very pale in the pan, but the sahde 'Flirt' is surprisingly intense on the skin, so do test them out first. The matte formula is comparable to Laura Mercier and Mac shadows, and far better than Bobbi Brown (which I find chalky and hard to blend).
Secondly, I've found using a palette has simplified the process of eye contouring - a concept I've always shied away from for various reasons (not knowing what shades to use or how to apply). A little online research and I'm now a lot more confident in applying shadows to make the most of my eye shape, as well as achieving definite make up 'looks'.
The only downside is that UD don't sell any of the colours as refills - I can imagine I will use some colour more than others, so instead of refilling the empty ones, I'll have to buy a whole new palette. Also, it would be a lot more eco friendly for the company to allow the palette case to be reused and refilled.
I'm keen to try the Becca Ombre Nudes palette next, and perhaps the Dior backstage eye reviver palette.
I'd say the palette is more neutral than warm but good for skins with yellow undertones, and the Basic 2 palette looks cooler and pinker (which would bring out my under eye shadows in not time).
This is the first time I've used Urban Decay products, and I'm very impressed - far superior quality than that of some pricier brands I have tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite UD palette to date. It's a workhorse, in that it can be used alone, or with other palettes. On my fair neutral-warm skin, I like Venus as a highlighting shade. It's not a true matte, as it has sheen. Foxy is a warm beige that almost matches my skin tone; I usually use this for setting eye primer or reducing redness. Walk of Shame is a very light pink with nice pigmentation. The staying power is the worst on this shade, although it's a great color. Naked 2 is a grayed taupe that reads ashy on my skin. I use it as a transition shade. Faint is a soft brown with fantastic pigmentation, while Crave is black and a nice eyeliner. The most problematic shades are Crave and WOS. Crave is powdery, while WOS seems to fade even over primer.

These 2 complaints aside, this is a great little palette that can be used in so many ways. I love this palette for work and natural looks. I have used better matte formulas, although for a mainstream mid-end brand, UD has created a lovely product that is easy to travel with!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

YASSSSSS! Finally, some mattes! I love this warm-toned neutral naked palette. I love to mix these shades with the original Naked palette to get more daytime, matte looks that don't OD on shimmer. My one complaint is that the lightest shade in this palette is a leeeeeetle too yellow for my taste. Doesn't work great on my skin tone, but it's good for those with more warmth in their skin. Other than that, A+!