Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by age: 25-29
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/7/2017 1:43:00 PM

I just purchased my second Naked Basic -- in the last week, I've hit pan on Faint, Naked 2, WOS, and will hit it on Foxy soon -- I'll bust into the second one when I use up those four shade, so I felt it was appropriate to finally review this thing.

I don't necessarily care for Venus (the shimmer shade), because I love an all-matte look, but I can use it as a face highlight -- I have warm-toned fair skin.

Naked Basics is perfect for everyday use, as well as for travel. I can do any neutral look that I want and I can use a little bit of Faint(brown) to fill in my eyebrows.

I usually set my primer with Foxy, use Naked 2 as a transition, crave in the crease, and then apply WOS on the lid for some brightening. I will also take this to an evening look using a small amount of the black (crave) into the crease.

IMO, the only drawback to this palette is that most of the colors wouldn't necessarily show up on deeper skin toes.

It was $29, when I repurchased; I think it was $27 when I got it in 2013. I've spent way too much money on so many eyeshadows over the last five years, but I ALWAYS go back to this palette.

It was one of my first eyeshadow palettes, bought it in 2013 and used religiously for a long time. I hit pan on three shades- Foxy, Naked and Faint. It's a very good beginner palette. The shadows blend nicely, you can create both subtle and dramatic eye look. They don't have a lot of fallout. But the pigmentation of two lightest shades could be better. I almost never used black shadow- to this day I avoid palettes with black or dark grey (I have very fair skin and can't really pull off intense smoky eye).
Now I'm a fan of bold, bright eyeshadows (hello, UD Electric) and if I go for neutrals I reach either for Too Faced Natural Matte or Zoeva Cocoa Blend. I neglected my Naked Basics palette... I just prefer other palettes over it.

on 3/3/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a must have eyeshadow palette!!!! Spectacular colors. Maybe look boring, but this is the basis for so many eyeshadow looks

This is a really good palette. Love all the colors and the texture is really high quality.
I would prefer that the packaging was as pretty as the Naked 3, but that's not a big deal.

I find this palette a little bit too cool for me, and the Naked2 Basics a little too warm - go figure. I actually mix and match both palettes quite often. The case is a nice size for travel.

Generally speaking, I like the selection of colours but feel the lightest few are too similar. I find this shadow a touch chalky and lots of fallout with a brush but works wonderfully with fingers (blends better and is longer lasting with fingers). I find the white a bit glittery.

Love the greyish/taupe and dark brown for filling in eyebrows more than any eyebrow product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this palette. I resisted buying it for so long, although I've been interested in it for a while. I knew the name said "basics" but just looking at the colors I had no idea how it would produce a put together eye look. However, I finally pulled the trigger and decided to get this with a giftcard I got for Christmas. I figured if nothing else, it would be a good compliment palette to all my other Nakeds (which are lacking in the matte department).
Boy am I happy I did! It's exactly what I was looking for. I have tons of beautiful palettes: both TooFaced Chocolate bars, 3 Naked palettes, Lorac Pro... but I wanted something everyday and subtle that I could wear to work. I like to look put together at work, but very simple and basic.
This palette is PERFECT for that! I could not be more happy with it. I struggled for a while deciding if I should get this or the Naked Basics 2, but I finally decided on the original because it leans more warm toned which I think is more flattering on me. It's awesome as a quick "grab and go" palette for a rushed morning instead of having to plan out a look using a 10-12 pan eyeshadow palette. And every eyeshadow is just gorgeous on! So flattering. In terms of consistency, they are so buttery and pigmented! They go on like a dream, and blend out so beautifully. They honestly remind me of the Lorac eyeshadows.
I originally hesitated buying this palette because it was just that- "basic," and I heard so many reviews about it being very dupable and nothing special. The truth is, if you are looking for a great basics palette that is work appropriate and great for everyday, I highly suggest picking this up!!

Sure, I enjoy beautiful colors and glittery looks, but for everyday, turns out this is exactly what I was looking for. Well worth the money. The pigmentation is great, blendability and formula is great, and it's nice and tiny so it pops right into your makeup bag and is very portable. I took off one lippie for packaging only because it is kind of difficult to open, but that is my ONLY complaint. It pretty much has everything you could need. A black for liner or smoking out an eye look, a shimmery white for inner corner highlight or brow bone, a great brown for deepening the crease, a couple colors that are great for the lid, and a light brownish gray that is PERFECT for an allover crease/transition color.
This palette was intimidating to me at first, because I had no idea what sort of looks it would create based on the colors (which honestly look really dull and boring) but they truly come out so beautifully once applied.
If you are like me and love makeup but want something subtle and professional for your weekday makeup looks, I think this palette is a great investment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This pallet is sure a must-have. Colors, pigmentation and the application is excellent.
Only if there were more product in one layer in termes of the weight, my only concern is consuming the bright shades fast.

on 12/30/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Naked Basic 2 review : I love these eyeshadows because they are not glittery and too much for everyday.I do not like the lightest eyeshadow in the palette,it's not pigmented at all.I expected small eyeshadow brush to go with it,but no.That was a dissapointment for me,because I paid a lot for it in Europe (and it says on the back :pair it with our double ended brush).To sum up,some of these eyeshadows are really nice but the whole palette is REALLY OVERPRICED.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I like the packaging and this would be a great travelling pallete if the eyeshadows all performed well. However I mostly use the last 2 shades and I find the first 3 shades to be quite chalky and not very long lasting. I wouldn't repurchase however I would buy the last 2 shades if they were sold individually

on 9/29/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't have any of the original UD naked palettes but I bought this as my travel eyeshadow palette. It has all the colours of need for eyes and eyebrows. Overall I do like it. I think I like MAC eye shadows better than UD as I find that there is less fall down. But overall good palette and great slim case for travel!