Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by age: 19-24
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this for every day use. There is some major fall out and you have the build up the dark colors like the black but there is also a really pretty highlight shade for the brow bone and a soft cream shade to set any primer. This is perfect for those who want great, neutral colors that aren't too intense off the bat that way you can customize how you want your look. For the price and travel friendly packaging this is a staple for me.

on 4/25/2017 9:31:00 AM

This was my first high end eyeshadow palette, and although I've used and still using it A LOT (that's why I would probably repurchase it), I totally HATE THE FALL OUT!!!!
I was so excited because it was my first UD Naked palette, so high end, so hyped, so "if you're a beginner you NEED THIS",... And then I always have to start with my eye makeup because of how much product falls on my face!!! I have a Make Up Revolution palette (the white chocolate one) and it doesn't have any fall out, I thought UD eyeshadows would be so much better!

Because of this I'm afraid of buying another Naked palette. I've heard Too Faced palettes have less fall out and they're cheaper than UD so... Maybe I'll look for them instead!

on 3/4/2017 12:03:00 AM

5 stars for this. Absolutely LOVE this palette. I've had it for a few years and no matter which new palettes I pick up, I always go back to this. It's a perfect size for traveling and the neutrals are so easy to use. The only thing I dislike is the packaging. The case is some type of matte rubber (similar to NARS) and it collects so much eyeshadow/dust. I'm considering depotting it into something else so my hands don't get eyeshadow on them every time I use it. Other than that, I don't mind the price (it's worth it!), and I will definitely repurchase when I'm done. I've already hit pan on W.O.S. and I will hit pan on Naked2 soon.

This is the perfect All-in-1 travel eyeshadow palette for me. It's only missing a brush, but what are fingers for if you wash them before using, eh? You can create looks for office or clubbing, it's up to you what such a tiny palette can do. The shades have a medium pigmentation, but you can build them with layers, of course. A good point is you get mainly matte shades (except for the first one which represents a highlighter shade) and not a single shimmer shade. Plus, it's compact enough for traveling and you can skip your contour products, too. Just use the highlighter shade and a brown shade from this palette and you're ready to go. Oh wait, don't forget to try one shade for filling your eyebrows. Thank you, Urban Decay. I'd never thought that I would love a basic eyeshadow palette.

This has been a go-to palette of mine since day 1. Very basic, (of course) warmer shades compared to the Naked Basics 2. These shadows are so soft and I regularly use Foxy to set my undereye area. This palette remains one of my favorites to this day. I also love the little mirror inside! It's just so. so. good.

on 6/26/2016 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I originally bought this palette because I had not previously owned a Naked palette and wanted to see what the hype was about before committing to a larger purchase. I also ran out of my white/cream eyeshadows and needed that shade to help me transition and blend out darker looks... I'm not super pro with applying shadow, and having light shades helps me to clean up and blend out when something looks too dark.

These are great. The pigmentation is awesome and the shadow formula is creamy. I use Venus all the time on my brow bone and inner corner, and I love Foxy and W.O.S. for transitioning and fixing mistakes. There's not much fallout like you'd find with your drugstore shadows, and it's not hard to control where the colors are going. The best part though is that these shadows stay on all day without having to use primer. I absolutely love them, and especially Faint, which I use every day underneath my lower lashes. So pretty and worth the price!

on 4/13/2016 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I use this eyeshadow palette everyday for work. It stays on throughout the whole day, does not crease or fade at all. I usually put "W.O.S" on the lid, "Venus" on the brow-bone and inner eye corner, "Naked 2" in the crease as a build-up-shade and then "Faint" carefully on top of that. I finish off with "Crave" as eyeliner, so I basically use every shade except from the yellow tinted "Foxy".

It's not a cheap palette, but of course it is cheaper than the large Naked palettes (which i also own). I would still recommend it for people who usually don't spend much money on makeup. I bought it a long time ago, but the quality of the shades are just as good as back then. As I wrote, I use it everyday for work. You can also build up the shade and use it for parties and night-time.

The shadows feel very smooth on my lids, they does not have a scent and the pigmentation is crazy good. All of the shades except from "Venus" are matte shades. I believe they will look good on anyone, regardless of skintone, haircolor and color of the eyes, because they are so basic.

on 1/29/2016 10:51:00 PM

Good supplement palette but unnecessary to one's eyeshadow collection. The shades are chalky and sheer. I would much rather invest in a different palette.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My friend bought this palette for me on my birthday since I am a big fan of urban decay shadows (I own naked 1 and 2). This palette does not disappoint. The pigmentation is smooth and lasts all day with my NYX HD primer underneath (although I believe it's being discontinued, not quite sure). When I first got it, I used to wear it on the daily to work and school but I did stop because I thought most of my looks looked the same. The only con I have with this palette is that the shade "foxy" is terrible to work with. It's chalky and difficult to blend with. Other than that, it's a great neutral palette for everyday and the packaging is sturdy and compact.

Update: I do find some of the darker shades a bit patchy to blend out, and that's why I knocked down a lippie.

on 1/22/2016 4:34:00 PM

I've had this palette for a few years and use it almost everyday for the shade "naked 2". It's a perfect crease shade for me.It's an awesome matte cool light brown with almost a grey undertone. I used to use foxy everyday as a brow highlight, but unfortunately it broke. I haven't hit pan, yet, on naked 2 but there is definitely a dent. I don't really use any of the other shades that much but it's nice to know I have a black, pink and yellowish ivory matte if I needed it for a look. I really wish naked 2 was available in a single so I could purchase it alone when I run out but I honestly love it so much that when i do run out of it, i'll probably buy another full palette just for the one color. I like the color of the packaging and the size is pretty cute, although sometimes I have a hard time finding it in my stash. Also, the clasp SUCKS. I can't even close it all of the way or it will take me 10 minutes to get it open the next time I go to use it.