Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 18 & Under
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/3/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't like the 3 Nakeds, but I really love the Naked Basics. This palette is really great if you just want a simple neutral eye. You can create a gorgeous smokey eye if you want also. It's easy to lighten or deepen the look. You can also leave it matte, or make it shimmery. This is also a great travel palette, being that it is so small and versatile (day to night looks, specifically). I would recommend this for beginners also. The only downside is probably the packaging because for some reason the shadows break easily. When I finish some of the shades in the palette, I will probably repurchase because the black shade broke entirely in the one I have now.

on 5/6/2015 9:45:00 AM

UD Naked Basics (Original) is my first ever palette. I had no expectations whatsoever, all I thought about was owning a simple, versatile, and convenient makeup product. Here are my thoughts... :)

1. I really like the packaging. Sleek, compact, and sturdy.

2. I'm very much into matte formulas than shiny or glittery ones so I was pleased that majority of the shadows were matte. But I do like the one shimmery shadow. It works really well as a brow bone and tear duct highlight. lol

3. Since the shades are neutral nudes (does that make sense?) you are free to do a lot of different eye looks. From a soft brown to just defining your eyes for an everyday look to a bold, strong statement smokey look. :P

4. The color pay-offs are the beesssstttttt. Super pigmented. Smooth, buttery. Easy to blend. (thumbs up)

5. I just wish the shapes were different other than UD's signature rectangular shape. Especially for this palette since it's quite small and gives you a lot of experimenting with different looks the amount of product could've been a lot more.

6. $30 for the palette is a tad expensive for me. Maybe $25 would've been better? Too small and lacking on more product for 30 dollars. :(

7. The brown shade (Faint) is P E R F E C T for an eyebrow powder. Can't explain any further.

8. Ideal for travelling cuz of it's versatility and size.

Overall, I looove this palette. I'd re-purchase it. :)

on 3/20/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this palette because I don't have to feel like I am wasting the other shades I do not use. In the basics palette, i use 4 colors. Pretty much every color except the black. (because I am typically not an out there makeup person) But overall I love all the colors in this palette! I would totally recommend this to anyone who wants a simple palette without paying a ton:)
One concern I do have is Venus is very chalky in my palette. It tends to go everywhere when I use it.

on 6/19/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you've been wanting to get one of the full size Naked palettes but were unsure due to it being out of your price range, consider this instead. But also consider it as a perfect partner to your full sized palettes!
I absolutely love it. One of the weak sides of Naked palettes to me as always been that there's no matte shades, and I think Naked Basics does a good job of remedying that. I wonder if in the future there will be more versions of this like the Naked palettes. These are really nice on their own or in conjunction with the shimmerier eyeshadows from Naked 1/2/3 to soften the look. It's also good for other things. I like to use Venus as a general eyebrow highlight. I also love using Faint and Crave to fill in my eyebrows - I may just buy Faint all on its own. I think my favorite color from this is Crave, though, I wish they sold it as a single shadow! It's the perfect dark brown - almost black, but not quite. Also a really nice color when I want my brows to look a little more dramatic.
Besides that, I also really love the packaging. The nice click of the palette when it shuts is super satisfying, there's a mirror, and it's all nice and sturdy. The size also makes it perfect for throwing into your purse when you're on the go or in your travel kit.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got this pallette for christmas and it is my HG pallette now! i use it almost every single day and absolutly love it! the colours are very pigmented (especially venus & crave) and they are perfect for any naturel to smokey eye looks. the only thing is that it is pricey so i would just ask for it as a gift again. overall its an amazing pallette thats perfect for everyday looks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this palette! It has 5 matte eyeshadows and one light shimmery one.
The eyeshadows are amazing quality, and last all day with a base underneath!
I personally only wear matte eyeshadows as I find them to be the most natural and pretty looking ;)!
If you love matte eyeshadows, this is the palette for you (also amazing for traveling!), if you prefer shimmery shades, maybe skip it ;)!
I also think the price point is reasonable.

I love this palette. It is my everyday palette and it has such good natural colors. I love the creaminess of the shadows. They apply so easily! The packaging is great and protects it! I know people have complained about the smell, and it definitely smells interesting, but it doesn't bother me. The only way I smell it is when I put my face to close or something like that. I think it's pretty good price, saying that other Urban Decay singles are more than half of this. I will repurchase it (if I ever run out! I haven't even made a dent yet!)

on 1/3/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have had this palette for almost a year idk why I took so long to write this review. I love this palette is the only naked I own and would even think to own. I don't like the 1,2, or 3 so this was perfect. On a day to day bases I prefer mattes with a lighter shimmery color for my inner corner.

Color: 5/5 all of the shadows have impeccable quality and pay off.
Venus- this is the only shimmer in the palette. It is a light frosty white/cream color
Foxy-a matte yellow toned cream highlight color
W.O.S- a matte pink toned highlighter
Naked2-a light cool tone brown
Faint-a mid/dark toned brown
Crave-a nice deep dark black

Packaging and price: this palette retails for 27$ which isnt bad especially for a high end brand(well not that high end, but you know What I mean ) this comes out to roughly 5$ per shadow. The packaging is nice and simple following the naked scheme. It is small and has a full mirror size mirror. Have dropped it numerous times and never had any breaks

Overall a awesome basic everyday palette. Can go from day to night with a smoldrry Smokey eye. I love this thing

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It is what it is; a Basic. The for matte neutral colours are great for everyday and even nighttime to make a smoky eye. It lasts all day (even without eye shadow primer for those oily lids like myself) and the one shimmer colour is great for highlighting the brow bone or inner corner of the eyes. The brown and black I've used as eye line as well and they've been fantastic. Definitely great for traveling and travelers! Also, the mirror is really good quality!

on 12/21/2013 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am so minimal with my makeup. Concealer where a need it, a little loose translucent powder to set it; blush, brow gel, mascara, and lip gloss. And, of course, a gorgeous palette of nude shadows. This UD basics is so perfect for me. I reach for it almost every day. The colors are versatile, blendable, and so flawlessly nude. W.O.S (Walk of Shame) and Venus are my favs. The colors last all day even without primer....I Will adore this Pallette forever. A must-have for minimal makeup girls, or really anyone. Xoxo